No announcement yet.

NEW VAPORIZER FOR DRY HERB: GHOST Mv1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

furrysparkle This info may help you. I raked it together from various web sites as well as their manual; there are things they need to put in the manual that aren't there. Thing about this vape: it seems to work better the lighter you pack the crucible. Amazing: less weed is more.

BATTERY AND HEAT SETTINGS
    Press and hold the Mode Button to display battery level.
    Release then press and hold again to display current heat setting(flashing LEDs).
    Press the Mode Button repeatedly to cycle through preset temps.

3 green LEDs indicates full

· 1 flashing green LED indicating it’s time to recharge.
    · Out of juice: the device will vibrate 3 times with a single flashing red LED.

Overheatingis indicated by vibration and a red warning light.
    Wait until it cools down to use again.
    Overheating caused by:
    • Crucible is too full. Hot air can't move quickly enough through the device and collects under the filling chamber.
    • Too slow draws can cause heat to build up underneath the chamber. We recommend to pull a little harder than with most vaporizers: the vapor will be cooled down.
    • To speed up the cooling process, remove the battery and crucuble, and leave door open.
    • Blowing on the MV1 can also help a quicker cool-down
    BEFORE FIRST USE: IMPORTANT:The MV1 Fast Charger should take no more than 2 hours. Failure to fully charge the battery may permanently reduce its capacity and lifespan.

LOADING:For dry herb, grind to a coarse consistency and load crucible loosely, level to the top. Fit crucible lid securely, ensuring there are no gaps between the lid and crucible as you close the door.

SWITCHING ON: To activate, press and hold Mode Button until a single green LED shows, then release and the current battery level will be displayed. The unit will wait in Sleep Mode.

PREPARING FOR USE: Extend the mouthpiece by between ½ - ¾". Keep the heat sink inserted all the way.
    Triple click the Mode Button to activate Vape Mode,a single green LED will display.

VAPING DRY HERBS: In Vape Mode, press and hold the Vape Button for several seconds, until you feel a long buzz meaning it’s time to vape.Continue to hold the Vape Button and inhale for at least 10 seconds - the longer the draw, the more intense the flavor. Release the Vape Button when done and repeat as desired.

VAPING CONCENTRATES: Select temperature setting for concentrates and when in Vape Mode, press and hold the Vape Button. You will feel a long buzz; immediately begin inhaling and continue until you feel a second long buzz. This prepares the concentrate for use and a single amber LED will be displayed indicating that you are in Concentrate Mode. When ready, press and hold the Vape Button again and immediately inhale for at least 10 seconds, releasing when done. Repeat as desired.

TEMPERATURES: 2 flashing amber LEDs is the default heat setting. To increase vapor intensity select one of the higher presets. For lighter vapor reduce to low, indicated by 1 amber LED. The concentrate preset is indicated by 3 flashing red LEDs and should not be used for herbs.

While the actual number of vapes will very much depend on the way the GHOST MV1 is used, tests have shown that over 100 full length vapes on the highest heat setting can be achieved on a single battery charge. Lower temperatures result in less frequent charging.

SAFETY
    Operate only between temperatures of +5°C – +30°C/+41°F - +86°F
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• furrysparkle
      furrysparkle commented
      Editing a comment
      Amazing thank you for the advice! Now I start the dreaded T break till my new apparatus shows up.

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      furry, I'm in my second week of use, I've learned a lot (like to dry herb if it's too moist and not to pack ground herb into crucible), and I'm lovin it. Intense high so quickly. What an extractor of the good stuff!
      Last edited by alltatup; 10-02-2018, 02:41 PM.

As we are coming back to the fold since 1975 and so much has changed and vaping seems to retain costs at a lower level , here’s a few vaporizer questions
    ; is the devise temperature adjustable for burning the material?
    : is the burn chamber ceramic?
    ; are there plastic parts that can be close to heat when used
    :are durable parts utilized for the entire delivery pathways ...

thank you FarmAll

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, it's temp adjustable. And if you get the phone app, you can program in an additional two personalized temps.

The crucible is ceramic with a very sturdy stainless steel screen that sits on top of the crucible. All parts are very well made; it's a heavy piece of machinery, and if you go to their website, they break down what's inside and how it works. There's no plastic, but there is some silicone parts that don't come out or come in direct contact with heat. The mechanism for cooling the vapor is amazing.

Check these pages out:

I also watched the VapeCritic video which helped a lot: https://www.vapecritic.com/ghost-mv1/
      He was good at explaining lots of stuff. This is his updated review from July of this year.

That vape sounds awesome atu! My first dry herb vape was plug in, about a ft tall, and had a glass orb you covered the bowl with while it heated up forever. I can't remember what happened to it. I think I threw it out lol.

I would love to try one of these bad boys before buying one. I always seem to buy paraphernalia, use it for a time, and go right back to a bowl lol. Never got big into vaping, but I would be down with not smelling like weed everywhere I go (I don't mind, but society's standards seem to mind!)

Glad to hear you are doing well atu!
    Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Doubledealing72 Too bad you can't just pop over with the little woman for a neighborly vaping session. I had one of them glass bowl pieces of shit, too. ;-}

I get so high using this thing: it's more like using a concentrate. It's truly amazing at how it extracts the vapor; this is an experience that differs dramatically from my other vaping experiences. In my Storz & Bickell Plenty, for example, I had to use a lot more weed--at least a gram--and I didn't get this high; I'd do two bowls. So that one's sitting and gathering dust right now... With the MV1, I'm high as I can be after one or two crucibles each holding around .1 of a gram.

I've been using vapes for some years now at home, and while I would toke on a jay if I were in a group of people smoking, I haven't smoked at home in a year or more. Combustion wastes so much material and it just got too hard on my lungs. And when I think back to how much bud was smoked by some of my friends who never say Stop.... I cringe.

So if you're cruising thru the Dirty South, stop by and try it.

There are few better reviews than an actual user of the product. alltatup you really have convinced me...WITH SO LITTLE EXPERIENCE, to just go ahead and jump in and order one. It’s still about $100 less than one I saw at a dispensary. But you have obviously enjoyed this unit. Cool and thank you 👏

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Farmall I'll bet you an oz. of top shelf bud that you will be thrilled with it. And the humans are so easy to work with!!! They respond very fast to emails and problems. I am so happy with this vape, words can't express. This was the experience I was looking for for a long time. I can't wait to hear about others' experiences!!! Slight learning curve, but easy to master.

I would love to try one of those. I have a firefly 2 and it's the only dry herb vaporizer I've ever used. It heats up in 3 or 4 seconds and the taste is beyond amazing. However learning to use it is a pain in the butt if you want to extract everything out of it. I do love it though.

I also love the prefilled vapor for vap pens. But need to learn to make those myself.

Comment

• LurkingInTheGrass
      LurkingInTheGrass commented
      Editing a comment
      Mmmm antifreeze. So sweet

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Not in MY lungs!!!! I make juice with MCT which seemed to be the only safe choice out there last time I researched.

• Redwasp
      Redwasp commented
      Editing a comment
      I just have never made any. This winter I'll have time. If winter ever shows up.

alltatup Their web pages show several accessories from cleaning to batteries and extra crucibles.... Do you suggest one over the other.... realize that the guy behind this comment was an obnoxious anti-smoker who never smoked a cigarette, moved to different tables in restaurants when smoking was allowed, and made loud nasty comments to adjacent smokers about the smell. Now, Im buying a smoking device ...hahaha

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Farmall NO, you're not buying a device that produces smoke!!!! And second-hand cigarette smoke is a real danger--while cannabis smoke never hurt anyone. And vapor even less. And I also move away from smokers and stand upwind of them. It stinks!!!!!

I bought the fast charger, crucible holder and extra battery when I bought the vape. These things are kinda indispensible. The crucible holder is great because you really want to have some filled crucibles lined up. I usually vape around 3 crucibles over the course of the evening.

If you didn't order the "bundle" https://www.ghostvapes.com/mv1-bundle-deal
      I'd email them and ask if you can still tack it on your order. I'll bet they accomodate you.

• furrysparkle
      furrysparkle commented
      Editing a comment
      I’d also recommend the bundle, mine should be arriving tomorrow so I’ll report back my review in a couple days here on this thread

Waiting to hear more . I've already been checking internet and stores for one . I have a couple of the little add on dry herb burners on a vape pen but never did work for shit so i have it packed away somewhere but definitely nothing like this MV1 .
    Thanks for posting this thread ATU now close to ordering now . And all reviews I've read have this as a top notch vape .
    Currently use 2 gal bubbleponics tank
    Using 150 Watt HPS
    Trying 300 watt LED
    General Hydro Nutes ,reg and organic
    Small 23" x 21" area

Comment

MedMan I repeat: I don't work for them or get anything free from them.

I repeat; I personally have never experienced any vape so powerful. For years, this was the experience I was looking for: a pure, unadulterated (by combustion) extraction of the chemicals I want to inhale, with an intense, lasting high.
      This machine provides that for me. I really stay high for much longer. I think the karma of the Ghost folks is exceptionally good karma.

I repeat; it's more like vaping an extraction in terms of the potency.

These guys are definitely infreakinspired.
      Last edited by alltatup; 10-05-2018, 02:48 PM.
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Actually, I did order the bundle.... elected to use the free shipping and keep the 2nd day $22.00 extra money for fertilizer 😄. Battery is not cheap but I can only imagine not having the extra charge when it really counts. I’m guessing it should be here by mid next week. alltatup great job posting your review, thanks

I was was looking at the Puffco Peak which is in the same price bracket....no one I spoken with has used one

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Farmall Here's the deal: Ghost guarantees that battery for one year, so I'm totally willing to pay that per year for a good battery.

Did I read something in their confirmation email for the order that when you register the product, you get a 5 yr warranty? Likely some other parts besides battery...looking forward to it getting here. Should be some experience. My last puff was maybe 1975? And that was Bambu paper rolled.

Comment

• Redwasp
          Redwasp commented
          Editing a comment
          So you do not want to use the phone app alltatup ? I think it's very odd way to do it, but my firefly is controlled by a phone app too. I really appreciate the app now. I can change so many different settings with it. Also they update the firefly periodically. For example recently the added new programming so you can use a higher temperature (concentrates or whatever that needs higher temps) and it heats up a second quicker. Not sure how that's possible but it works and is pretty cool.

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Redwasp No I have the app on my phone, but my registration wasn't showing up there. So I emailed them and they said they are fixing that glitch on the phone app. I dig the app.

• Redwasp
          Redwasp commented
          Editing a comment
          Ok was just wondering. The apps are pretty cool.

Heck< I’ve got the app already but no vape to pair it to.... 😀. Tracking says Tuesday Is it really ‘adult signature required’?

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Farmall That's funny: I thought I was gonna have to be home to sign for mine, too, but when I checked with UPS, they said not. (I didn't want to have to wait an extra 24 hours to get my hands on it because I missed the delivery.)

So check with the shipper.

• Farmall
          Farmall commented
          Editing a comment
          Found that data on the Ghost web page... good point. I’ll track it and see what that says👍

*takes a deep inhale of the Ghost*

Ok I’m ready to give my review,
        overall it’s a quality vape, handheld, and accurate temps.
        Things I must insist, less is best. You only get 2-3 flavorful hits and the next 4-5 are very muted, and the problem worsens with density. I’d say about 1/3 of the crucible full and fluff it up as much as you can and you get 3-4 hits total but each is flavorful.

They no longer sell it with a glass stem, instead it comes with a plastic stem with a noticeable seam which I’ve emailed about and they are sending me a glass replacement, which leads to my next point very reliable and professional customer service.

For the battery it seems to lose its power once it drops below 50% however that only seems to lead to a longer heat up time since the vibration indicator seems to be tied to a temperture gauge at the oven.

The App is I would say required, simply for the single temp adjustment. Great design, and simple enough to use while being competent at what it needs to do. Same with the two button design on the device itself, now I would like a digital display or a better led setup than the 3 dull ones they decided to go with. That’s not to say it doesn’t do it’s job, I’m saying I like to read my vape.

Please ask if you have any questions about the vape.
        Grow and good luck
        Current grow:

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...lly-grown-meds

past grows:

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...2-grow-one-off

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...hello-everyone

Comment

• Redwasp
          Redwasp commented
          Editing a comment
          furrysparkle Just out of curiosity have you tried the firefly 2? If so how does it compare? It takes a learning curve to get the most out of it. But I guess maybe the same can be true for most things good. I love using it for the flavor.

• furrysparkle
          furrysparkle commented
          Editing a comment
          I have not tried the firefly, and this is pretty amazing so I’m very satisfied with it. I would say there is a learning curve with the Mv1 also, and with each strain

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Very important about filling the crucible lightly, so that each crucible does hold a "micro-dose"--but it packs a whallop. So this vape isn't for parties and getting high with lots of people. 3 crucibles will get two people very high.

There's definitely been a learning curve for me, as with each new vape I've had. I also prefer the glass mouthpiece to the plastic.

furrysparkle I sure hope you grow as fond of yours as I am of mine. As I keep repeating, I've never vaped with anything this efficient at getting me very high with way less bud.
          Last edited by alltatup; 10-08-2018, 10:14 PM.

Alltatup and yourself have both said... don’t pack the crucible too tightly. I know what my first step would have been .... thanks ( should be here tomorrow)
        Last edited by Farmall; 10-09-2018, 08:36 PM.

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Can't wait to hear your review.

• Farmall
          Farmall commented
          Editing a comment
          Was supposed to be here but UPS now shows it on Friday....a little bummed

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Farmall Prolly hurricane Michael...

Interesting read from Planet of the Vapes https://www.planetofthevapes.com/blo...y-vs-ghost-mv1. A tacky name, but a good company to deal with. Light speed shipping, and some of the lowest prices. I have bought a couple of vapes from them.

Comment

MedMan this is a great vape for next to nothing. https://www.planetofthevapes.com/pro...nt=50455645636 I just bought my wife a second one as she has loaned her 3 year old Flowermate to a friend.

Comment

• starramus
          starramus commented
          Editing a comment
          What's in the box

Flowermate V5.0S Vaporizer
          Pyrex Glass Stem
          Concentrate / Wax Pod
          Herb Pod
          USB Cable
          Cleaning Brush
          Packing / Dab Tool
          Extra Screens

• MedMan
          MedMan commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Starramus for the link . It looks good i will definitely check out the reviews.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X