Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doubledealing72
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you! It was an auto, and definitely a freak of nature! I'm glad it worked out so well for me, I hope yours comes out just as good!

• RaisingJanes
    replied
    Incredible. I have a gg going now. I’m at 4 months and she’s looking great but scaring me! Come take a look! 9 finger referenced this grow when I was asking questions.

Leave a comment:

• Doubledealing72
    commented on 's reply
    I understand you now famine. I know the translators don't always work so well.

Once I cut everything except for the 2nd and 3rd node, I just let it grow out. I'm not really sure how many tops I end up having. I know mainlining for photoperiod plants is a little different than what I do. They tend to cut a few more times to get the 8 nodes you are talking about. I just let it all grow out once I only have my 2nd and 3rd nodes remaining.

Have a great day Famine!

• Famine
    replied
    Excuse me I express myself badly and the translator does not help. I try to explain myself. In the mainilg you cut 3 times to have 8 tops. In your case do you always make 8 peaks or 16 peaks? But I do so, cut like you in the 5th interior, I bring in bloom and at 2 Flowering I delete all the weak leaves leaving only 6/8 buds.

Leave a comment:

• Doubledealing72
    commented on 's reply
    Famine, I understand the last part of your comment, but not the first.

When you say "up to here are," do you mean you are caught up at this point?

When you say "proceed with other tops?" Are you referring to taking all the other nodes off the plant?

I'm sorry we have this language barrier, I just want to know what you are asking so I can properly answer.

I hope this doesn't come off as rude or anything. I'm not trying to be disrespectful

• Famine
    replied
    Ok MC, up to here are. Then proceed with other tops? I think this technique you use is very similar to mine, but I do it differently.

Leave a comment:

• Doubledealing72
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks eigholte! If you're doing it with a photoperiod, you can let it get super big in veg before you flip. Longer veg normally means bigger yield. Good luck!

• Doubledealing72
    commented on 's reply
    I leave 2 nodes on the plant when the plant has about 5 nodes total. I normally keep the 2nd and 3rd node only. I don't count the coytledon as a node, so the first serrated leaves would be node 1. I chop that off and everything else except for the 2nd and 3rd.

I hope this answered your question!

• Doubledealing72
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks California kid! I don't think I'll ever beat this yield lol

• Famine
    replied
    Mc, I do not understand well this double mainilg, how many peaks do x stage?

Leave a comment:

• Californiakid
    replied
    I'm trying to pick my jaw up off the floor ! Wow
    Great job. That plant was a beast !

Leave a comment:

• Eigholte
    commented on 's reply
    That is pretty amazing. From reading earlier on in your journal, I decided to try this training style with my upcoming grow. So I'll get to see how this works for me with a photoperiod plant. I don't imagine I'll match your results by any means - but man, is that inspiring!

• Doubledealing72
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks 9! I feel like I'll probably never get that much off of one plant again lol

• 9fingerleafs
    commented on 's reply
    That’s the heaviest yielding plant I’ve seen around here

• Doubledealing72
    replied
    Here's the wrap up for this journal:

My experimenting with the mainline vs double mainline went how I thought it would. The double mainline seems to work much better than the single mainline in terms of yield. I will be doing most of my plants this way from now on.

As a disclaimer, the gorilla glue I just took down was a freak of nature. Please don't try this method expecting those results. I'm not a pot whisperer, I'm sure genetics was a huge factor lol.

My main colas are finally dry! They came in at 84g, giving me a total of 694g, or 24.78oz for the entire plant.

Holy fuck, 1.5 lbs off one auto

Gorilla Glue auto - 694g
    Gorilla Glue auto #4 single mainlined - 66g
    Gorilla Glue auto #4 double mainlined - 121g

Total for this grow - 881g or 31.46oz

Total electricity for this grow - $150 for 4 months

Total price per oz - $4.83 in electricity.

I sadly can't get a pic of the whole harvest because I have already smoked all the gorilla glue #4 lol. But this pic is of the gorilla glue auto that just went down.

​​​​​And that's a wrap everyone! Thanks for stopping by!

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X