Mainline vs Double Mainline - Grow 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mainline vs Double Mainline - Grow 6

Hey everyone! This will be my 6th grow, and after harvesting my Alien v Triangle and getting over 9 oz, I want to try an experiment.

This grow will consist of Gorilla glue auto and Gorilla glue #4 auto. I will use 2 seeds of each strain. Each strain will have one plant mainlined, and one plant double mainlined.

I'm not sure if it was the particular strain or the double mainline technique that got me such a good result, but we shall see if there is a major difference in yield between the 2 tehniques.

Here's the rest of my stats:

​​​​​​Gorilla glue auto
    Gorilla glue #4 auto
    4 55 w autocobs
    Mother Earth coco
    silica blast
    Calmag
    Megacrop
    Recharge

I haven't even started this grow yet, but I will be in a few days. My grow room needed a thorough cleaning which has taken up my day today.

Have a great day everyone! Here's a pic of stem off the alien v Triangle to show the double mainline technique.

Quadlining

Past Grows

I don’t understand exactly what’s the difference between the two.

Comment

• Doubledealing72
      Doubledealing72 commented
      Editing a comment
      On the normal mainline, I would cut everything off except for the second node when it had roughly 5 nodes. On a double mainline, I left the 2nd and 3rd, or 2nd and 4th nodes on. This made for a longer harvest than normal, but I got more off that plant than other whole harvests.

So I'll be leaving one node on each strain, and two nodes on the other plants.

In the pic, you can see the 2 nodes that we're left on to form two different mainlines.

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      Ohh I see I get what you mean. I always thought mainline was referring to the flat canopy but it’s because the horizontal stem is the main line. I’ve always leaved 3 or 4 nodes below the topping/fiming just to get more branches. I imagine it must take super long to grow many colas out of only two nodes. I’m glad you are doing a side by side. I don’t think it’s a good advice to remove all but a single node

• Doubledealing72
      Editing a comment
      I've done it with almost all my previous grows. Some plants yielded 2 oz, others yielded 5. Curious to see how the gorilla glues do!

Hey everyone! Today marks day 1! Gorilla glue auto by fast buds is on the left, and gorilla glue #4 auto by expert buds is on the right. Here's to hoping they all make it through!
    Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

Hey everyone! Today marks day 5 for the little ones (counting day one as the moment they went in to the rapid rooters).

Got home at 4am from work to see they have all sprouted! I had to pull the seed shell off a couple of them, but they are looking good for the most part!

And that's pretty much all I got for the day lol.

Have a great day everyone!
      Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

Hey everyone! Today is day 12 for the girls.

They are looking pretty good! The gorilla glue on the top left came up a little sickly looking. It's a little behind the rest, but seems to be doing better than when it first came up.

The rest have a little curl going on so I raised the lights a bit. That's about all I got lol.

Have a great day everyone!
        Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

• furrysparkle
          furrysparkle commented
          Editing a comment
          Looking good

• Doubledealing72
          Editing a comment
          Thanks! I like the speed of growth at this stage! And the flower stretch stage too of course lol.

I use a similar technique on my plants. Just four main stems and then allow the growth from those to fill out the trellis.
        WHAT???
        5x5 grow space
        900w of Vero's and F-strips
        4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

• Doubledealing72
          Editing a comment
          It definitely worked for me on my last grow. Hopefully I can replicate the results 😁

Subbed to this Doubledealing72 . looks to be an interesting one .
        im interested in how this grows along, as i'll be looking out towards preparing for my 2nd run.
        GreenQube 1.5m x 3.0m x 2.2m tent
        2x CDMH 315W lights
        870m3/hr fan
        8 x 42L DIY DWC buckets, 2 airstones each

Comment

• Doubledealing72
          Editing a comment
          Glad to have you come along! Nothing crazy exciting yet. Couple weeks away from the fun stuff!

Hey everyone! Today is day 19 for the girls.

The top left gorilla glue is a runt. This one looked really weird when it first sprouted and has been smaller than the rest the whole time. This one may not be able to be mainlined due to it's smaller stature, but we shall see.

The bottom left gorilla glue is the largest at this point, and was big enough for me to start the double mainline.

The Gorilla glue #4's are pretty close to the same size, but need a little more time before the training process begins.

Have a great week everyone!
        ​​
        Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

Looking very nice, as usual, Doubledealing72
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah we are all doing ok, an thanks for asking.
          That MegaCrop is some good stuff man.
          I heard you can use SweetCandy full strength when they are seedlings, supposed to be real good for the roots, or something I think.
          Later Doubledealing72

• uncledoug
          uncledoug commented
          Editing a comment
          Subbed. I just received my order of Bud Explosion but have not used it yet, I used the free sample of Mega Crop on the last grow and so far like it very much, so I ordered the 21lb bag and BE. You guys have any tips on using it?
          @mcubed475, D.A.A.S.69

• Doubledealing72
          Editing a comment
          Make sure you keep all the powder in a sealed container. If left open in my basement it would hold the moisture in the air, making it sticky and clumpy.

I've been using about a half tsp of Megacrop, and used slightly less than a half tsp of CalMag, and a 1/4 tsp of sweet candy. I probably won't use the bud explosion until the start of flower. Not really sure how much to use, but I'll figure it out when the time comes!

Hey everyone! Today was the start of training day for the rest of the girls! They are looking pretty good, and I'm excited to see how they turn out!
        Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

Woo they look great! I’m super excited to see the results
          Grow and good luck
          Current grow:

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...lly-grown-meds

past grows:

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...2-grow-one-off

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...hello-everyone

Comment

Today marks day 26 for the girls.

The bottom left gorilla glue auto is still the monster in the tent. She's healthy, happy, and strapped down. I removed 4 bud sites closest to the main stem on the lower branches to hopefully give the middle buds some room when they develop.

The top left gorilla glue is looking better than it did earlier in the week. It had some yellow leaves, but a little extra CalMag and Megacrop seemed to do the trick.

The bottom right gg#4 is also looking good and is strapped down. Slightly smaller than the monster, but not by much.

The top right gg#4 had some droopy leaves this past week, but seems to be doing better.

I haven't seen any pistils yet, but I expect to within the next week.

I have been using all megacrop nutes now except for silica blast. I still have a decent amount of that left. I have the Megacrop CalMag, sweet candy, and Megacrop itself of course. I have been using this the past week and a half, and the girls seem to love it.

See ya next week
            Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              Doubledealing72, man they are loving that stuff, They look great !!
              It want be long you'll be seeing pistils, they sure look healthy.

• Doubledealing72
              Editing a comment
              Thanks Daas! They really seem to be enjoying the nutes. I'm really enjoying seeing them enjoy themselves lol. Have a good one daas

• Chefbjy
              Chefbjy commented
              Editing a comment
              They look great! Thought I was already subbed but caught up. Love me that gg#4 my wife can't get enough 😆. Everything about it makes me happy, so I'll always be trying to keep some on hand. I might have to look into that megacrop.

Thanks chef! I'm curious to taste and smell the difference between the 2 strains. I've only tasted gorilla glue, and that was a photo period one. It was delicious lol
            Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

• Chefbjy
              Chefbjy commented
              Editing a comment
              Honestly the only real differences I've found is more initial euphoria, taste, smell, and a seemingly longer duration of effects. All in favor of #4 though I've had some killer gg that just made me melt away after a long day 😉.

Today is day 34 for the girls, and I've seen some pistils starting!

After watching them all grow for a month, I've determined that the top left gorilla glue auto was just a bad seed, genetically speaking. It's weird and the nodes are far too close to each other, and she's just an odd duck to say the least lol. I am going to try to finish her out to see what she does.

The bottom left gorilla glue auto is looking great. I would like to take a few more bud sites off to give the rest more room, but I also don't want to hurt my yields.

The bottom right gorilla glue #4 auto is looking very healthy as well. I've also debated on taking more sites off this one too.

The top right gorilla glue #4 auto is the one that I have seen pistils on. So far, she is the only one to show her sex, but I expect the rest to in the next week.

I can already tell that the double mainline technique is definitely the way to go if you are going for yield. I left both the 2nd and 3rd nodes on each of the double mainlined plants, and they are looking really healthy. The next test will be leaving the 3rd and 4th nodes on instead of the 2nd and 3rd. That's for another grow though lol.

Have a great week everyone!
            Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

Today is day 41 for the girls. They all look pretty healthy, but I don't see any hairs starting on any of the plants except for the top right gorilla glue #4.

If I don't see any signs of sex within this week, I will be flipping the light cycle to 12/12 to force them into flower. I never had the opportunity to do this before with plants that didn't autoflower because it was usually just one plant, but now I have 3 that may not autoflower that were put in at the same time, so I'm good trying to flip the light cycle on this grow.

​​​​​I just got done doing a massive defoliation on all of them. I have been slacking lately, but I put in some good time with all of them this morning, and they are looking pretty good (except that top left gorilla glue, she just a funky looking plant).

​​​Have a great week everyone!
              Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X