Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much difference is there really among many cannabis strains?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    And I feel like I'm being suckered by a car salesman!!

• PuravidaC
    replied
    I'm with you alltatup about breeder descriptions! Almost feel like a child reading some of them...

Leave a comment:

• Cannabliss
    commented on 's reply
    alltatup btw I'm with you on that I also wouldn't spend $130-180 for five feminized Grand Daddy Purp seeds, or any strain that charges that much. I understand their defense is that we can make that and more money back from selling it, etc. Maybe so, but they don't know what I'm going to do with my beans and frankly, it ain't their business lol. Those price ranges are just way high for my taste. I can grow a different strain with probably the same effects while paying less than half the price.

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Cannabliss D.A.A.S.69 You hit it right on the head, Cannabliss. Which is why I stick mainly with cup-winning chemovars. Still gotta grow it right, though...

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Fascinating, but I don't understand how to use it...???

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    I also think that one chemovar will definitely affect different people differently; that also bothers me about breeders' descriptions of their product. But man, when I first started buying seeds two years ago, I believed all the hype. Redwasp I think you're doing pretty good for mid-week!!! ;-} Just coast on into the weekend.

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Redwasp I gotta let my Afghan Kush or my Night Queen grow till there's more amber--not 40%, but more than I usually allow.

• Cannabliss
    commented on 's reply
    I also want to clarify what I meant when I said "flavor enhancers". I meant artificial flavor enhancers, not enhancers that bring out the plant's natural true flavor. For example, a buddy of mine told me that some other dude tried to add pure Pineapple juice to his soil while he was growing the Pineapple Express strain lol. Things like that.

D.A.A.S.69 Amen brother. I've actually gotten sick from smoking some crap weed some place claimed was legit. Best to grow it yourself. At least you know for sure what's in it. That and the fact that I just love growing it lol.

• D.A.A.S.69
    commented on 's reply
    Cannabliss, I'm like you man, I try to stick with proven strains, that you know works and has the right effects if you harvest them at the right time, and has been dried and cured properly.
    The 2autos I'm growing now are new ones to me though, but looks and smells like they just might end up nicely.

• Cannabliss
    replied
    I remember back in High School in the mid 80's when I didn't know any better and I used to smoke cheap, airy, dirt-smelling weed and it got me a pretty decent high. Back then the THC % was pretty low, like 8% or something. Even then that got us pretty stoned. Nowadays it's gotten pretty ridiculous with all these classy-looking buds, some (I hear) with added food coloring and flavor enhancers and whatnot to achieve that eye-catching look they hope would make a new medicinal smoker with no experience say "whoa, if it has all those lovely colors of the rainbow, it MUST be good". Doing things like this to your bud is just silly imo. That's why I very rarely pay attention to all these "new and improved" strains with crazy-looking bright colors with glitter and skyrockets popping out (LMAO). To make matters worse, they slap a high price tag on them, only for us to later find out it wasn't worth the price. I stick with the few original classics and more popular, well-bred "knockoffs". That's just me.

Leave a comment:

• Qwertywill
    commented on 's reply
    Common Oct! Cant wait to start using them!!

• Redwasp
    replied
    It's funny though that the best I've ever had was from a friend who grew bag seed and his plant hermied. Holy shit wish I still had some of those seeds.

Leave a comment:

• Weed Pharma
    replied
    I haven't look into this for about 1 year- so my info is dated- but there were only about 1400+ actual strains with 10,000+ different names!
    I have used the Pyhlos Bioscience to get some information on the many (limited only by the voluntary submissions- combinations/names and relatives)

Search the largest evolutionary map of cannabis with genetic insights for thousands of varieties from over 80 countries.

and yes there are many the same combo with different nomenclature.

Leave a comment:

• Redwasp
    replied
    Oh think I fucked up my Gorrila Glue because to me was very weak. Girl Scout cookies is good but not worth the price of the seeds. Lemon OG has awesome flavor and smell. If you want me to stop I will. I dont think as well as I used to. Would have to go find notes to cover more. Or look through what I've smoked

Leave a comment:

• Insight
    commented on 's reply
    I find it easier to achieve "couch lock" if I use the bong, and usually an Indica.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X