Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

YouTube Reviews, What would you want reviewed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starramus
    commented on 's reply
    It's quite a pain that late in flowering. You have to keep pinching off any buds. I used a cloner, which made it much easier, but only this one of four survived. Better take more than one.

Nebula's excellent instructions. https://www.growweedeasy.com/monster...nabis-tutorial
    Last edited by starramus; 11-30-2018, 06:24 AM.

• Farmall
    commented on 's reply
    Terrific....thank you

• Qwertywill
    commented on 's reply
    Makes sense. I know we get taxed and all to heck as well. Its unfortunate!

• oldjarhead100
    commented on 's reply
    pick a flexible branch and clip it put into clonex until ready to process when ready cut end at 45 degree angle and scrap the outside tissue on the bottom off stem dip into clonex gell the stick it in a root riot should have roots in 10 days it will go back into veg on its own

• Farmall
    commented on 's reply
    Well, it ain’t the Tennessee River Valley where electricity is amazingly low. But remember, we pay fees for carbon footprint, transmission line, delivery fees, generation fees, taxes and other taxes. Im paying a similiar rate but if I have to pay all the extras, I’m building them into the cost per kWh so that’s why it looks higher

• Qwertywill
    commented on 's reply
    starramus I had meant the entire grow! Veg/Flower included. I unfortunately cannot put them in a window for free light or I would. Seedlings and clones they have been proven to work time and time again.... I mean they will work the entire grow.... but the amount I spent on building my own fixture with cfl lights (15 cfl bulbs, 3- 5 way splitters, electrical wire, sockets, aluminum ducting used as a reflector, tape, marrets etc) I think I spend approx $120ish. I would have definitely been better being put into a full on light lol. Plus it ran a lot of power for the amount of lights I had. I still use the fixture for young plants in Veg. And it is about 4-4.5ft in length.

I could have went the cheaper way with a few extension cords, plug in sockets and such, but there is a lot of wasted light IMO. Either way, I dropped the 600$ on two nice lights, and an additional blurple. I am a lot happier with these!

I have wanted to try monster cropping. Let me know how it goes!

• Qwertywill
    commented on 's reply
    It adds up far too fast! If only power was free! I mean you could go the solar panels, but they take a long time to pay off I "think".
    We run at $0.106 per kW/hr I believe. If you don't mind me asking, where abouts do you live? (State/province) If not I get it. Those fees power companies are absolutely insane!

• Farmall
    replied
    Starramus, give me some clone advice for the 8-9th week of flower.... I neglected to think of this during veg but I have one that is worth the attempt.

Leave a comment:

• starramus
    replied
    "I started with CFL lights that didn't last long at all!" just fine for clones and seedlings. My baby monster luxuriates under CFLs during the night, but is illuminated by good ole Sol during the day in my sunroom. This monster was tough going as I took the clone in the 9th week of flowering. Will be under my CMH if,and when my autos arrive. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0587.JPG
Views:	184
Size:	2.10 MB
ID:	271064

Leave a comment:

• Farmall
    commented on 's reply
    FYI: with all of the crap I listed and 18/6 lights soil on one side, hydro on the other my bill was under $45.00 . On the other hand, I am anxious to see the cost of 3200w (954W) LED and the cost of 315LEC and a 1000HPS on each side. I bought two of these things to make the comparisons and after all is said and done I figured out that the cost is about 16 cents per kWh...but that includes all of the other fees they charge to bet power. Now I’ve got to program the meters and get the costs pinned down

• Qwertywill
    replied
    Originally posted by Farmall View Post
    Great stuff.. i wound up with over 5000w of lighting in my first grow as well as pumps, bulbs, air pumps, co2 controls, fans tools, buckets, books, rolls of tubing 1/4",1/2", bulkhead fittings, stringers, drills...well I am sure you know. My first and only trusted source was right here on GWE. Despite the expense of a first time startup, my greatest unknown was electrical cost. My bill is a whopper t o start with so who knew where I’d wind up with this electrical draw.

last week.... I found something that looks like a regular digital timer BUT it is a meter that your extension cord plug into and you can program your kW cost into the device and every time your stuff is running, it calculates a ton of data costs for your upcoming bill, I think it does it daily, weekly, monthly, annually or ?

since it came yesterday and I have not had any time to do anything with it, I think this could be a value to some people trying to fine tune the cost of the great work we do here. It is ETL listed and called “kill-a-watt”
    again, I know very very little about it but the concept seems good to me and may be of interest to others
    Thank you very much! I want to get into lights etc, I need to invest in a PAR meter and such when I can afford one! I like feedback from everyone and welcome it! GWE is an amazing website for information. I started here myself! I started with CFL lights that didn't last long at all! IMO CFL's are a waste because you will eventually go for a larger set up if you enjoy it! I have a wattage reader, its good to see what the actual wattage draw is. I run approx $50/mo CAD on my electrical.

I found out a while back, I had a timer for the growlight garden I had on a review on, purchased from my local dollar store, I had smelt a nice electrical smell. I am glad I smelled it when I did, otherwise the house would have burned. I will now only buy good ones.... I don't want to come across that again!

I should do a review on the wattage reader. It would be a good for everyone how to calculate their cost. At least a simple basis on "how to" even to get an estimate prior to buying!

Leave a comment:

• Farmall
    replied
    Great stuff.. i wound up with over 5000w of lighting in my first grow as well as pumps, bulbs, air pumps, co2 controls, fans tools, buckets, books, rolls of tubing 1/4",1/2", bulkhead fittings, stringers, drills...well I am sure you know. My first and only trusted source was right here on GWE. Despite the expense of a first time startup, my greatest unknown was electrical cost. My bill is a whopper t o start with so who knew where I’d wind up with this electrical draw.

last week.... I found something that looks like a regular digital timer BUT it is a meter that your extension cord plug into and you can program your kW cost into the device and every time your stuff is running, it calculates a ton of data costs for your upcoming bill, I think it does it daily, weekly, monthly, annually or ?

since it came yesterday and I have not had any time to do anything with it, I think this could be a value to some people trying to fine tune the cost of the great work we do here. It is ETL listed and called “kill-a-watt”
    again, I know very very little about it but the concept seems good to me and may be of interest to others

Leave a comment:

• Qwertywill
    replied
    I have had a hell of a time, sick twice back to back, a friend whos kid was thrown down the stairs by a soon to be ex husband, wife got t-boned..... among other smaller things!

So I am alive! I posted some items for review that some of you may like... I have a review up for the mars hydro smell proof bag (highly recommended for anyone in public with cannabis!) They may modify the current go based on my recommendations. Mainly a spot for a lighter and papers and possibly a small bag for a pipe/grinder.

I will be posting a video on this soon!

Please visit to help support me. I am also mid way through a review on the mars hydro 144s.

Thank you all.

Happy Smoke!

Leave a comment:

• Qwertywill
    commented on 's reply
    Not a problem! Hopefully they serve you better than I

I won't post the link here due to respect for GWE, but click on the YouTube channel, go to my Facebook page.. I have a mug + gift card thing going on now! All for helping me come up with a slogan I can use! This is not endorsed by GWE, No information will be stored. Nor will I know where you are from.. please do not mention your from GWE on the Facebook page to ensure I don't know your from here.
    Last edited by Qwertywill; 09-25-2018, 07:00 AM.

• oldjarhead100
    replied
    The clippers came in yesterday just in time to cut all those huge stems on the outside plants thanks man

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X