FoxFarm Special Announcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FoxFarm Special Announcement

Hello fellow cannabis growers. I'm subscribed to Maximum Yield's newsletter and just today I received this headline in the e-mail: "An Announcement from FoxFarm Soil & Fertilizer Company".
    After opening the e-mail, it showed me a compacted version of the original message which they provide the link here if you wish to read it yourself. I also made an image of the full message and provided it below. But they're basically saying that with all the crap going on with Monsanto and Miracle-Gro and all the companies selling out to them, FoxFarm has decided to cut ties with Sunlight Supplies for that very reason, according to them. I think this is a great, smart, and brave move by FoxFarm to stand up to these blood sucking leeches. I hope this is just the start and many other companies start following their lead. But knowing who's truly behind Monsatan and how they can be very "convincing", how long will FoxFarm stand their ground? What say you?

Cannabliss - Grow The Bliss
    White Widow Grow Journal

More power to them, they make great products which are perfect for us, they will have all our support and whenever I visit my local garden center to purchase FF products I will make sure that the owner knows what I think and ask him to report it back to their fox farm reps when they next visit

Comment

• Cannabliss
      Cannabliss commented
      Editing a comment
      That's the best thing we as growers can do; support all the companies that don't want anything to do with Monsatan, while not supporting those that do. Unfortunately, the latter isn't easy for some growers. Not me though. Anything General Hydroponics, Botanicare, and whoever else is owned by these demons is on my "no buy" list.

I really wish I could get FF here... such a hit and miss, or pay an arm and a leg, along with your first born.

It seems like they really stand behind their products!

Please visit www.honestgr.ca for reviews on grow equipment. It is going slowly as I am trying to find products to review (and supportive companies!) I do giveaways there, do not tell me your from GWE however.

Comment

• Cannabliss
      Cannabliss commented
      Editing a comment
      The good thing is that many growers use their soils. Some for weed, others for veggies and whatnot. So they have a huge crowd backing them up. My nearest hydro shop sells them like hotcakes.

• NAKEDGARDENER
      NAKEDGARDENER commented
      Editing a comment
      Cannabliss, yeh I like GH products usually but can’t justify using them, apart from I have to use their ph test and adjust kit

• Buzzer777
      Buzzer777 commented
      Editing a comment
      FF soils are the only soils I use. It is unfortunate that Monsanto et al, has bought up firms like GH, since I hate Monsanto. With that said, some of the productrs that Monsanto now owns can't be replaced that easily, and I will grudgingly continue to purchase.

I hate opening a new bag and hunting down the few Fungus Gnats that come with the territory..LOL
      Price here is great..$11.50 per bag!!

Thanks for sharing Cannabliss
    You and I share the same feelings towards those lieing bastards.
    "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

• Cannabliss
      Cannabliss commented
      Editing a comment
      Anytime my friend. These Monsanto demonic scumbags ain't going to stop until the entire planet is covered in their poisonous products. I'm still praying that all those 5,000+ trials go through and they make these POS pay for everything they've done.

Here's another list...

Here is the list of companies and brands that are either owned by Monsanto, or are known to use genetically modified seeds sold by Monsanto:
    • Aunt Jemima
    • Aurora Foods
    • Banquet
    • Best Foods
    • Betty Crocker
    • Bisquick
    • Cadbury
    • Campbell’s
    • Capri Sun
    • Carnation
    • Chef Boyardee
    • Coca-Cola
    • ConAgra Foods
    • Delicious Brands cookies
    • Duncan Hines
    • Famous Amos
    • Flowers Industries
    • Frito Lay
    • General Mills
    • Green Giant
    • Healthy Choice
    • Heinz
    • Hellmann’s
    • Hershey
    • Holsum
    • Hormel
    • Hungry Jack
    • Hunt’s
    • Interstate Bakeries
    • Jiffy
    • KC Masterpiece
    • Keebler
    • Kellogg’s
    • Kid Cuisine
    • Knorr
    • Kool-Aid
    • Kraft
    • Lean Cuisine
    • Lipton
    • Loma Linda Foods
    • Marie Callender’s
    • Minute Maid
    • MorningStar Farms
    • Mrs. Butterworth’s
    • Nabisco
    • Nature Valley
    • Nestlé
    • Ocean Spray
    • Ore-Ida
    • Orville Redenbacher’s
    • Pepperidge Farm
    • Pepsi
    • Philip Morris
    • Pillsbury
    • Pop Secret
    • Post cereals
    • PowerBar brand
    • Prego
    • Pringles
    • Procter & Gamble
    • Quaker
    • Ragú
    • Rice-A-Roni & Pasta Roni
    • Schweppes
    • Weight Watchers Smart Ones
    • Stouffer’s
    • Tombstone frozen pizza
    • Totino’s
    • Uncle Ben’s
    • Unilever
    • V8
    Many I wouldn't use anyway, but an eye opener just the same.

Comment

• Cannabliss
      Cannabliss commented
      Editing a comment
      Haha thanks for that list Californiakid. I've seen several youtube videos concerning this very list... I was disgusted to say the least. Eye opener's galore! I've learned to read labels whenever I go grocery shopping. Takes me longer, but it's something we gotta start doing nowadays.

• Cannabliss
      Cannabliss commented
      Editing a comment
      Exactly! Seems everything is GMO nowadays. Even what they claim is organic is sometimes GMO. "Organically grown GMO Crops" lol.
      My sister grows in her back yard. So I mostly get my veggies from her garden lol.

• Chefbjy
      Chefbjy commented
      Editing a comment
      My word...thanks for this. I had no idea 😠

Have you heard of Buycott? I haven't used it yet, but its an app for your phone that scans the barcode of a product, then gives you a rundown of the source.

Comment

• Cannabliss
      Cannabliss commented
      Editing a comment
      Nope, never heard of it, but I'm definitely going to check it out. I've seen videos that tell us which numbers on the stickers on the fruits are legit and which numbers are not. However, all those videos have different opinions. Have you been able to figure out which numbers on those stickers are truly legit and are ok to buy or are they all just lying and full of GMO? lol

Bravo Bravo!!! So happy to see Fox Farm stick to their guns. Thanks for sharing, Cannabliss, and CA-kid for sharing that list! Glad to see I use almost none of those products from "Monsatan" (love that moniker!). One of the things our family loves about Oregon is that most people here are doing everything they can to avoid supporting those big-wig tyrants. We go out of our way to buy local at every opportunity, including my search for quality, sustainable, independent gardening supplies. Down-to-Earth and Roots Organics are both local manufacturers in Eugene (Go Ducks!) and will be my primary go-to's for nutes. I wonder though if this might have a little impact on my local grow shop... they are almost completely a Sunlight Supplies retailer. On the other hand, my neighborhood hardware store also sells pallet loads of FFOF which tells me a lot of other gardeners are using it besides just cannabis growers. Let's all send a thank you note to FF.
    FFOF +extra castings, compost, coco
    Veg 8 bulb T5 (blue)
    Flower 600w HPS
    alfalfa meal, bone meal, FF Big Bloom, Down-to-Earth Liquid Bloom
    1st grow White Widow
    Now growing GG4 auto and photo

Comment

Luckily I live in whats referred to as the pickle belt. Just about everything grows here. So we buy from farm stands who are very proud of their non gmo organic heirloom produce .

But to be completely honest my wife does the shopping and is more aware than I am.

What baffles me is many farmers know how bad this stuff is, but they claim they have to use it to stay competitive.

I say offer a better product and consumers will pay for higher quality.
      Especially a product that wont kill the consumer !

Comment

Toripony Glad to see another fellow fighter for a better, safer, cleaner Earth. I call them MonSatan because they act like a bunch of demonic freaks out to kill every living thing and replace it with death lol. I'm all for supporting all those products and anything clean and organic. I'm guilty myself for using G,H. and Botanicare in my earlier growing days. Once I found out they sold out to Monsatan, I dumped anything I had left from them. There are many other nute brands out there, so no loss on my part. As far as thanking FoxFarm, I'm way ahead of you lol. I just finished sending them a thank you e-mail for standing up to these demon leeches. I told them they have the backing of thousands of growers and to not give in. I actually want to move up to Oregon some day. Been there once and fell in love with all the trees and nature. Love it there.

Californiakid That completely baffles me as well. Some just don't like change and don't want to bother with it all. So sad too. I don't care if I have to pay a bit more. We're talking about my family and other families here. It's hard for me to ignore these things. I know I'm on here a lot talking about this, but I can't just sit here quietly and watch as these demonic criminals slowly kill off this planet.
        White Widow Grow Journal

Comment

Thank you for that info and list of brands. I try to buy very little processed food now that I don't work at the big-box grocery store anymore, the majority of our produce comes from a large farm stand outside of the city that my mom's been shopping at since they were a studio-apartment-sized building in the seventies. Bit of a trek at a half-hour drive but so worth it especially in the summer. You can see their fields from the parking lot and they're very open about growing practices.

Where I work, our products cost more BUT they're higher quality. 95% of our items are imported and the origin country has very high standards for food production, so even though very few have the USDA Organic stamp (very expensive to get so a lot of the small family-run producers can't afford to do it just for the export market) everything we carry is organic and can be traced directly from field to processing. Yeah you can get "the same" pasta we sell (not any of the same brands, just "pasta") for $1 at Star Market, but the wheat most cheap domestic brands use has had a lot of the base nutritional value removed either through overprocessing or just poor source material.
          ****tent (2x4) and large light (Relassy 300W LED) is in storage for now until I can solve some household electrical issues****

CoM Stonington Blend soil, distilled water; Liquid Squid amendment if needed, molasses for flowering

"I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up."

Comment

Cannabliss, that's how we ended up here... found out people were living a whole different and older-fashioned lifestyle here than where we were in the Northeast Corridor. It's not only beautiful, the air is fresher (except during fire season), the trees are taller and the peeps are soooo cool and inventive. Just be sure you love rain and moss if you come to the Willamette Valley. There's a reason Seasonal Affective Disorder was first diagnosed here!
          FFOF +extra castings, compost, coco
          Veg 8 bulb T5 (blue)
          Flower 600w HPS
          alfalfa meal, bone meal, FF Big Bloom, Down-to-Earth Liquid Bloom
          1st grow White Widow
          Now growing GG4 auto and photo

Comment

• Cannabliss
            Cannabliss commented
            Editing a comment
            The rain I can handle. I visited the Southern part of Oregon and from what they told me it rains a lot less than the Northern part. However, it does snow quite a bit. No worries. I'd rather have all that than breath this air and fry to death here in Cali lol.

• Toripony
            Toripony commented
            Editing a comment
            Yea, from the Willamette Valley perspective we see southern OR as "a little more like CA". It's drier there and has more fires. Culture is slightly different, too... a little more conservative in spots. Going north toward Portland it gets more liberal and the weather gets wetter. It seldom snows below 2000' elevation. The weather in the east is all about latitude; in the west it's all about elevation. We get snow and more rain up here on the hillside when they get none in town which is only 400 feet elev. difference! Overall, the state is loaded with amazing micro-climates, so which town or house you pick can make huge differences.

Toripony we live on mid coast Maine and love it here, but I being from another land and not settle just yet, in other words I still haven’t found what I am looking for, the wife and I have been talking for years about how we wanna go west somewhere, I think next year we will start our fact finding tour starting with Oregon

Comment

• Toripony
            Toripony commented
            Editing a comment
            It so happens that we tell people "back East" that physically/meteorologically the closest thing to Oregon on the east coast is Maine, so you've already got a feel for that. We spent our working lives in mid-Atlantic. Keep in mind that when most people (and media) talk about Oregon, they're really talking about 1/3 of the state and that's the Willamette Valley (75% of population lives in Portland!). 2/3's of this state is high desert. Beautiful but harsh, sparse place to live. The coast of Oregon has no summer; temp never varies, perpetual fog; 100+ inches of rain/year... and drop-dead gorgeous... rocky like coastal Maine. The culture is the coolest part though. Naked gardening is the norm here, lol. Freedom-loving independence. Sorry, I like to blab too much about it, but I didn't find out most of this stuff until AFTER we moved here. Can you tell this hillbilly is happy here, lol?
            Do your research and feel free to pm me if you have questions. I'm full of useless information, lol.

I have family outside or Portland OR, been out there once or twice and absolutely love it. Strange that I can't stand the rain here but if it rains when I'm out there I don't care if I don't have a raincoat Probably something about "city rain" (polluted as hell, get splashed with filthy water by passing cars) and "non-city rain". Sadly I no longer have the $$$$ to make a major move like that (and I don't drive, so I'd need to be somewhere that has reliable public transit).
          ****tent (2x4) and large light (Relassy 300W LED) is in storage for now until I can solve some household electrical issues****

CoM Stonington Blend soil, distilled water; Liquid Squid amendment if needed, molasses for flowering

"I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up."

Comment

• Toripony
            Toripony commented
            Editing a comment
            You're right, the rain is different. Surprisingly, we get the same amount of rain at my place here as my old home back East, but there it dumps it down in batches while here it drizzles a fine mist all day every day so you don't need a raincoat, just a good attitude. Umbrellas are a style no-no in Oregon, lol. (Boy... beginning to feel like I hijacked this thread! Sorry @Cannabliss)

• Cannabliss
            Cannabliss commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm the same way. I absolutely love the rain, but not floods lol. I have music saved of just pure rain sounds. City rain is ..... ok.... almost meh-like, if there's such a word. Oregon rain is..... well, it actually looks like real water lol.

Toripony Haha no no my friend. By all means keep this up. Very interesting info and it's all related to the topic. I'm just trying to juggle errands and work lol. But please continue.
          White Widow Grow Journal

Comment

Yep I’m here too and loving all you guys comments, it’s great to share, love to see who chimes in while I sit n chill watching Big Bang theory and reading your comments and funnies

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X