No announcement yet.

FoxFarm Special Announcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a small update on these court cases against Monsanto. From my understanding, Last week the jury awarded a type 3 cancer victim 289 million due to their Roundup garbage. Since then, Monsanto’s shares have dropped a whopping 12%, levels not seen since 2013. This has put Monsanto’s investors in panic mood because now they’re worried about future legal costs from the other Roundup lawsuits. This court win is just the beginning. Let’s hope that the other 5000+ lawsuits also make it through and make them pay dearly for all the damage they’ve caused to past and current victims as well as to our planet. Supposedly they want to change the name, but the damage is already done. Monsatan fits them just perfectly.
    Cannabliss - Grow The Bliss
    White Widow Grow Journal

Comment

As soon as someone can identify the nutrient or soil company that puts ANYTHING ahead of their profits, please let me know. Until then, General Hydroponics products are fine with me.
      completed 7 grows
      what I have learned so far:
      environment maters more than nutrients
      at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
      effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

• Toripony
        Toripony commented
        Editing a comment
        I think Down-To-Earth might qualify. I think the point is not who is or is not focused on profits (no profit, no business) but rather who we decide to give our money to. Giving money to Monsatan or Bayer is like feeding the hogs... they will take it all and leave you starving if you let them. Trying not to get political here but the fact is there is too much money and resources being consumed/hoarded by the top 1%, leaving less for everyone else to share. When I give my money to a local, small, independant company, that money goes around and around the local community/populace. That's more how it was in the '50's and 60's in the U.S. and that's what many people want to get back to.

• Flockshot
        Flockshot commented
        Editing a comment
        I am all for helping those who are honest and trying to make it. But really, this business that somehow some companies have the 'moral high ground' is just not realistic in my opinion.
        They will ALL charge the maximum growers will pay, and sell us the least expensive to produce product they can. No moral high ground, just good ole free enterprise greed.

• Californiakid
        Californiakid commented
        Editing a comment
        Flockshot I'm not sure we are speaking to the same point. Perhaps if we look at what I mean by moral high ground.

I'm talking about a company who cooks their books, about data on how safe their products are to use. For the applicator and the environment it contacts.

I'm all for a company producing and profiting, but don't tell me its safe when they know(proven with internal company documents) otherwise.

I'm not complaining that someone is selling snakeoil for an arm and a leg. I'm upset that a company is selling a product to my neighbor and my kids have health issues because its poisoning our water supply and causing mutation in wildlife. All while the manufacturer says it ok no problem here.

Please understand my intention is not to attack you, but to have a conversation. And a better understanding. I don't have a problem with GH, its the new owners that have questionable business practices. Its my understanding that the product is the same.
        Last edited by Californiakid; 08-15-2018, 09:09 PM.

Yea, I can't really argue with ya there, Flockshot. Morals is not the main concern in running a business, today. However, I don't think mega-corps answering only to their stockholders and owners have any morals whatsoever! Zilch. Telecom companies are one of the biggest examples of that I think. "What's best for the customer" never once enters their mind, whereas a company like Fox Farms at least tries to ensure their customer receives some quality product for their money. They care about their rep. Monsatan and Verizon does not. They don't need to; they own the monopoly.
      FFOF +extra castings, compost, coco
      Veg 8 bulb T5 (blue)
      Flower 600w HPS
      alfalfa meal, bone meal, FF Big Bloom, Down-to-Earth Liquid Bloom
      1st grow White Widow
      Now growing GG4 auto and photo

Comment

I'm with NeilYoung on that Monsanto sh-t, can't stand them.
        I used to use FoxFarms nutrients, but one time I called them to ask a question, and they told me being I was growing MaryJane, that it was illegal, and wouldn't even help.
        I like nutrient companies that ain't scared to say that their product is for growing MJ, like MegaCrop, they ain't scared.
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

Flockshot may I ask you a question?
          What are your thoughts on a company who will sell you cannabis related products then turn around and use those profits to push anti-cannabis bills ?
          "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

• Toripony
            Toripony commented
            Editing a comment
            We have not won this. We are at the beginning of temporary situation. Federal prohibition is currently maintaining a stasis in the production and distribution of marijuana while big pharma is getting their own product developed and tested. Once they're ready, the prohibition will be revoked and big pharma will begin selling their own "brand" of cannabis products and mountains of legislation will be built to push out the "THC Farmer", just like the tycoons have done to regular farmers over the past 40 years. RJ Reynold's is drooling over the money they're going to make off of this American revolution! Enjoy the gold rush while it lasts because your grandchildren will be buying all their weed from Bayer.

• Flockshot
            Flockshot commented
            Editing a comment
            I really like Earth Juice. I use it for organic grows. Good company in my opinion.

• D.A.A.S.69
            D.A.A.S.69 commented
            Editing a comment
            That's what I use to is EarthJuice, very nice and helpful people too. Friendly.

I’m not trying to force anyone into changing their nute brand. That’s their choice. I just choose NOT to believe that a German chemical company with a history of dangerous GMO’s and their products proven in court records to cause cancer and/or death has our best interest in mind. We all have a choice. I for one am choosing NOT to use any of their products or the products of those companies that they bought off so they can continue to fill their pockets. It wasn’t an easy choice to stop using certain brands, but it was something I felt was the right thing to do. I’m just posting crucial information for those not informed. I myself wasn’t fully aware of the recent events until just a few days ago. It boils my blood. It’s a small step, but it’s what I choose to do.
          Cannabliss - Grow The Bliss
          White Widow Grow Journal

Comment

How can the company that produced Agent Orange have a population's best interests in mind...? IMO there are no 'innocent' uses for a defoliant of that scale. Any product can be horribly misused or have unintended negative consequences, what's telling is the response of the maker. They consciously choose to cover up and bury reports.

Monsanto poisoned thousands with its Agent Orange years ago. But could Monsanto's RoundUp herbicide (glyphosate) be the new Agent Orange of our time?
            ****tent (2x4) and large light (Relassy 300W LED) is in storage for now until I can solve some household electrical issues****

CoM Stonington Blend soil, distilled water; Liquid Squid amendment if needed, molasses for flowering

"I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up."

Comment

• Cannabliss
              Cannabliss commented
              Editing a comment
              Very well said. Thanks for the link and for your input WeirdWiredWolf. From the article: "All these GM crops and the chemicals that go with them are warfare. Clear and simple. Does the military machine ask for America’s permission when they decide to invade a foreign country? No. False flag attempts are less believable now, and therefore less successful at starting WWIII, but the war drums beat on in a different way. They beat in our own backyards." .... because they love us so much *sigh*.

I think just about any and every product out there is available on Amazon. Available to any gardener/grower anywhere.

Another prong of this "ethics" discussion is sustainability. I've been researching organic bloom products and found that most of the "top shelf" ones are using bat and seabird guano. That's not sustainable and not environmentally friendly. Harvesting those ingredients is harmful to the isolated and extremely limited places (caves and islands) where those species live and breed. One report, directly from the mouth of the lifelong seabird guano harvesters of S. America says, "There is only 10-20 years worth of guano left". That was 10 years ago. Peru is trying to manage harvesting to sustain this vital indigenous industry with limited success.

There are many other quality products out there that ordinary gardeners have used for decades but because they're not marketed to cannabis growers, I don't think most growers know about them. One of those made by an independent company in CA is made from fish, kelp and molasses. These are sustainable ingredients. My local grow shop said they've never heard of a cannabis grower using it. Why not? My guess is the marketing hype of their big-bucks competitors. I cannot find my first choice locally (even though it's made here) because the ingredients (mostly consumer product manufacturing waste) are unavailable until Sept. So they wait. And I'll wait. That's the kind of responsibility I'm looking for in a supplier.

These days, a consumer (of ANY product, not talking just weed nutes) needs to think about more than just convenience. When a citizen's vote no longer matters, the last resort is to vote with your wallet. Cannabliss, I admire you for taking the time to become informed and making some sacrifice in your spending decisions. It's not easy being the minority.
            FFOF +extra castings, compost, coco
            Veg 8 bulb T5 (blue)
            Flower 600w HPS
            alfalfa meal, bone meal, FF Big Bloom, Down-to-Earth Liquid Bloom
            1st grow White Widow
            Now growing GG4 auto and photo

Comment

• Cannabliss
              Cannabliss commented
              Editing a comment
              That's very interesting about the bat and seabird guano, especially since they're used in many super soils nowadays. So many things we take for granted are slowly disappearing. $100 says that once their population becomes extinct, Monsatan steps in and comes up with their own version of bat and seabird guano lol.
              I agree that there are plenty of other nute brands out there. Seems a new brand pops up every 6 months or so lol. Thanks for the kind words. I've been holding back for so long, it was driving me crazy. People need to know this. They can later decide what they wish to do, but I feel it's important they know this is happening. In the end, when it's all said and done, I don't give a rats ass what happens to my weed plant/s, but I do give a rats ass what happens to my loved ones. Thank you again, my friend and happy growing.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X