Want to try autos but not sure what to get

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Want to try autos but not sure what to get

Want to try autos but not sure what to buy. Favorite strains? I don't have any yet. I like to grow large plants. Not sure if that helps.

TIA

Madman

White Widow and green crack are easy and forgiving. Can take most anything. From Nirvana, MSNL, or Seedsman.

Comment

• Madman960
      Madman960 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey bud. Are those cut weights or cure weights? Thanks.

Hey madman! I've grown nothing but autos so far. They certainly can be a bit smaller than photos, but I've managed some good hauls so far.

My 2 largest plants were bubba kush auto from dinafem (5 oz), and Blue Dream from Humboldt seeds (5 oz 14g). Both plants ended up less than 2 ft tall.

What kind of taste are you looking for? The bubba has a cheese like taste. The blue dream is a bit lemony.

Hope this helps!
    Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

Well dint expect the same but posted just one immature bud of my white widow in that other post. Holy fng colla or something. She isnt but maybe 18 inches tall.

Comment

Thanks. I am not much of a toker so not sure what I am looking for. I really do love growing tho. Where did you order the bubba Kush and blue dream from Mcubed476?

Comment

• Doubledealing72
          Doubledealing72 commented
          Editing a comment
          I ordered through seedsmans. My first plants were jock horror auto through Nirvana. Also a good choice!

• Madman960
          Madman960 commented
          Editing a comment
          What was the shipping time?
          Thanks.

• Doubledealing72
          Editing a comment
          For nirvana it was about 3 weeks I believe from when I ordered them to when I got them. Seedsmans has varied from 2-3 weeks. One order from them came super early I believe, like 8 days. Both places have been good to me though!

Anyone with experience with seedsman? If I place an order and pay by Bitcoin, average shipping time? When I ordered from Nirvana, it was about a 1 month turn around. I believe a holiday was in there as well. Thanks.

Comment

• Doubledealing72
          Editing a comment
          I've paid with Bitcoin through seedsmans every time I think. I feel like unless you already have some Bitcoin, you don't end up saving too much because of the fees. I could be wrong though

Also regarding autos, how much space per plant? Plan on getting another 40 seeds.

Comment

• Doubledealing72
          Editing a comment
          I do 4 plants in a 3*3*6 tent normally. I wouldn't do more than that in my tent. Tried 5 the first time, didn't go well lol

Dang, one more question regarding autos. Thoughts on using colidal silver on autos so I can save money on seeds. I know you can on photos. I don't recall reading anything about people using CS spray on autos.

Comment

Seedsman got mine to me in about 3 weeks. Used CC as payment.

Comment

I felt the same way so i ordered a 3x pack from seedsman of auto og kush rolex not 1 germinated so dont choose it. Its 1 of there new strains guess they needa take them back to the lab bc someone else also exsperienced this on the comment wall.
            Grow closet.
            2'x4'x5' aluminum reflection on walls
            1x 4' Sunblaze t5 54w bulb for seedlings/clones
            Viparspectra 300w led for veg/flower [orderded/otw]
            Nuitrient:[MG] 24-8-16 vegatative nuits
            [MG]18-24-16 preflower/transition nuits
            N/A Bloom nuits
            ​​​​​Medium: "Just Natural" Organic soil
            Pest control: Neem oil & sticky paper

Check out youtube channel-
            Marijuana grow and talk channel: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...eOcedgi5W8Av62
            Comment-like-subscribe! Thanks to all who support

Comment

For good yeilding autos ,I've had good results with northern lights and ak48 from nirvana. Easy to grow strains , if growing in dirt, go with 5 gal pot.

Comment

I will be growing in dirt but way more than 5 gallon pots. My homemade grow boxes hold like 1.5 cubic feet of soil each.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	3.20 MB
ID:	221112
                  Originally posted by Tdh101jr View Post
                  I felt the same way so i ordered a 3x pack from seedsman of auto og kush rolex not 1 germinated so dont choose it. Its 1 of there new strains guess they needa take them back to the lab bc someone else also exsperienced this on the comment wall.
                  This is a Kush Rolex from seedsman. Popped within 24 hours, also from a 3 pack. Sorry yours didn't work out.
                  "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

I can say I prefer Nirvana Seeds, and MSNL, over seedsman but all reliable and safe.

Comment

• starramus
                      starramus commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yeah you can't beat Nirvana for the quality of their genetics, but seedsman does have some high points as well. they will usually make things right if not.

Thanks for all the replies. After much deliberation, I am going to stick with photos. However, I will be buying female seeds instead of regular. I will likely buy a few autos just because they should be about ready to harvest at the switch to 12/12. At any rate, I would veg the photos until harvest. I know that is longer than most veg for. I really do love the growing part.

Madman

Comment

• PuravidaC
                      PuravidaC commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Just keep in mind that just like photos, autos can take longer than advertised to harvest.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X