Auto's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto's

I'm looking for a, recommendation for a stable auto, something with a good yield and high test thc. I've tried 2 different strains and both had small yields and were deformed.

How small were the yields? I've read that a couple oz is average. I'm trying one outdoors this year.

Comment

"Deformed" as in misshapen? Whatever did you do to the poor things? In my experience, what matters in lots of light and great soil (or hydro), and that just about anything will do well and produce well under good conditions. Maybe review your growing conditions? (It seems like many people don't use enough light for great results.)

Comment

I've been growing an auto named Chem Bubbly, that is the weirdest plant I believe I have ever seen. Some of the leaves looked deformed, so I took them off. Some fan leaves were bigger than a man's large hand about 3 weeks into veg. They looked weird, so I took them because it was doing nothing compared to the other plant, Shaolin Master. The weird leaves had an odd feel to them, more like a wild bush/tree fuzzy, and pokey (I would say sticky but to me that means resinous). As soon as I took those leaves off the plant started to show pistils and in a couple of weeks started to flower.
        It's still a smaller plant than the Shaolin Master, a totally different color, texture, everything, but they are two different strains after all. I never expect the same thing, even from the same strains.
        I don't train my plants, unless they start to get too tall then I will tie them down some. Other than that, they are free range and I let them do their thing.
        My first yield was pitiful, one plant gave me 1/4 oz of okay smoke, it was Northern Lights auto/fem. The other plant, can't remember what it was, did nothing at all except grew and grew and grew. No flowers no nothing.
        Since them I have added to my arsenal of lights, larger pots, super soil and had several good yields, but I plant two different auto strains each time, and only plant two plants per grow. My best were two mystery seeds that I wish I knew what they were. As Tony the Tiger would say, they were GREEAAAT!!!
        When you can afford, buy what you need. Good soil, lights, fans, and with each grow you'll see a larger and larger yield, at least that's how it's been for me.
        Lots of luck.
        Current grow:
        2-300w led lights
        1- 60w cfl for germination
        2- 5 gal fiber pots
        Kind Soil 5lbs per 5 gal pot
        Compost (80%)/perlite (20%)
        Seeds:
        Shaolin Master auto/fem Harvested
        Kush auto/fem (planted 5/13/18) Harvested
        Sweet Soma auto/fem ready to go into her home soon (kind soil)
        Northern Lights auto/fem, put in soil today, waiting for forever home soon.

Comment

I would recommend you start with real good genetics - pay big bucks for quality seeds that turn into big buds. Seed producers like 'Fast Buds' 'Dutch Passion' 'Humboldt' - all have quality seeds that produce.
          ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
          Mars Hydro
          Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Doubledealing72
            Doubledealing72 commented
            Editing a comment
            I grew blue dream by Humboldt seeds and got a little over 5 oz. It's the only Humboldt seed I've grown, but it certainly was a great experience. Smoking on it still actually lol.

Alien Vs Triangle Auto Feminised Seeds Mephisto Genetics

I just finished this strain and cured it wow the yield was good about 5 z from two plants , I grew autos over the winter and one thing I noticed is that they need perfect conditions to get big enough to produce more than a few grams , cold stress them enough to stop growth .I'm done with autos for that reason they dont produce enough to justify the electric use what I have for seeds are going to be grown outside except for this strain I will keep this as a regular staple here good luck
          new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
          current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• Doubledealing72
            Editing a comment
            Dang ojh, I'm always a step behind you lol. That's the next one that will be going in the bucket for me. I'm excited to grow it. Were the buds solid or airy?

I'm somewhat new to growing and my second grow of Autos was a pleasant surprise.

Only 2 plants...Royal OG and Critical Kush.. grown with Emerald Harvest Nutes in Coco/Perlite with 2- 315 LEC's in a 4'x4'x7' tent.

Royal OG yielded 6 oz and Critical Kush yielded 10 oz......very dense buds on Critical Kush, slightly airy buds on Royal OG.

I'm sticking with Auto's for now.

Comment

Wow maybe i have just been lucky as hell. But size didnt hurt my yields with Green Crack. Plants barely a foot tall, slightly wider than a 7 gallon air pot. Worst plant did 4 dry. They had buds to the very bottom of the plant. I used more leds than most but was worth it. Got way more than expected from a small plant. Then there was lemon OG or Carmelicious. They grew huge and rivaled photos watt for watt. Trying 5 different under good light this time to see what happens. Will report each one in less than 2 months.

Comment

And yes many many autos xan easily crack 10oz

Comment

Morning JudoBob, the biggest yielding autoflower, that I have ever grown was a Northern Lights auto from Nirvana, almost 7ozs, dry, and she was harvested on day 89. She was a big girl, and all I did was bend her over, 90degrees, and lots of lst.
                All the other autos, that I've grown inside, I got between 2-5ozs.
                I think alot of these big producer autos, are really photos, at least that's what I was told by SweetSeeds, especially since some grow 4 months or longer before they are harvested.
                Cfls for a week or two
                315lec for everything else
                Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
                36x36x63 inch tent.
                6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
                Smart pots
                Molasses
                Autoflowers

Comment

The larger the pot the bigger the buds at least that’s I’ve found in my experience with autos. With my limited space inside I think I have found the right size S.P. For them to grow without crowding themselves and to flourish. 3 gal. S.P. Works for my space and brings me in a good yield and is easy to maintain. 😎

Comment

Yes i probably go overboard on pot size. I use 7 gallon for autos.

Comment

• Doubledealing72
                      Editing a comment
                      I used a 7 gallon pot on one auto and it got roughly the same yield as the rest. However, that was my first grow and I probably underfed her

Id probably say other than a few like lemon og that 3 or 5 would be enough. But id rather have to much than not enough. My photos go in 12 gallon.

Comment

Only auto I've run so far is a BarneyFarm Sweet Tooth auto. Ran it this winter in a 5g DWC bucket under 300W(actual) of blurple power along with a photo I was vegging. I did no training other than removing some interior growth to open up the plant. She ended up with just over 3 oz of really nice bud-I was almost impressed...
                      WHAT???
                      5x5 grow space
                      900w of Vero's and F-strips
                      4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Had to bring this up. Very impressive grow by OzBud first grow.
                        Hey all, OzBud here. I’m a ten year recreational daily bong smoker and first time grower. After completing my recent grow I took a few pictures for my
                        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                        X