No announcement yet.

Shop grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rough in the shop today had to take out the plants and move them outside for a bit...tent coming soon and I can work out the details over summer. But wife is having a fit over how much I need to spend to get the heat issue resolved. This will give me a chance to wire up the used helios8 I got and make my breakers safe 😆. Went ahead and hooked up the vented hood outside and ran 25 feet of ducting 10 foot draw from the window and 15 foot exauhst almost straight up. Still going to have to move the babies outside during heatwaves. Got 85 outside and temp shot up to 100 in the shop with light on. Wife was home to move them and realized wtf I was talking about. Going to cool off a bit the next couple days and I'll see what happens. But moving them is my only option till the tent arrives. Happy growing!!
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Comment

Figures it would cool off 20 degrees after I put all this work in. Click image for larger version

Name:	20180709_064349.jpg
Views:	432
Size:	2.42 MB
ID:	224631Click image for larger version

Name:	20180709_064341.jpg
Views:	421
Size:	3.20 MB
ID:	224632

Comment

• BillBates
        BillBates commented
        Editing a comment
        One less thing, though, you know?

• Chefbjy
        Chefbjy commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah cooling off for 2 days then the heat returns...tent should be here by Thursday/Friday. Then break it down and set it up again. Going to try to get another inline from the same guy, might need an active intake with my 1000watt. 😉

Oh me oh my can't wait till that tent comes got temps rising into the 90s from forecast. Can't keep it cool enough in the shop for that now...going to put it off till I get situated. So in the cooled house they'll go probably Saturday evening. Still thinking alot about what I can do in a different scenario. I'm over this wierd weather too cold at night too hot in the day wtf.

Anyways going good so far for the most part... I had an accident with one of the gg#4s. I tied the plant to itself like I have before but the node spacing was so tight that she topped herself under the pressure of growing after 2 days 😥. Didn't really seem to phase her but took her down to the 2nd node of growth tips. Good thing I didn't try lollypopping....bummer. She seems to be focusing on those top growth tips now but I'm not going to do much lst anymore. It always turns into hst when they're small. I like photos and training big plants this auto stuff has me smh. Seeing as they have a time line instead of a veg time... I'm such a klutz and won't be trying to do anything special now from here on out. Just going to let em do their thing. Thought I'd get lucky and try to clone it lol...it's doing okay atm but who knows I might get a bowl or 2 😉.

Funny thing the Skywalker was supposed to be the longer of the flowering times but looks to already have pistils. The gg#4 was supposed to be the fastest but no pistils. Just waiting on the tent to keep a stable environment for them while I work on making the environment stable in the shop. Have a great day all and happy growing!!!

Comment

Guess my fim was actually a topping 😆. Growth tips are shooting up every where on the Skywalkers. Gg#4s are fattening up and starting some verticle growth but concerned that they aren't autos. You can clearly see pistils and preflowers on the Skywalkers but none on the gg#4s. The gg was supposed to be the fastest flowering time???

Enjoying the sunshine for now till the tent gets set up. But I'm worried the gg#4s are photos... I can't accommodate the light schedule for them and don't know what I will do if they don't start showing signs of flowering. The nodes are so tight it's hard to train them. Skywalkers are easier to train with more node spacing and many growth tips to choose from for lst. Gave them a good amount of water for the first time but they're drinking a lot from enduring this hot weather. The tent will change stuff up a bit and hoping I can run my Helios 8 on a double pole 15 amp breaker... I need an electricians advice.

DrPhoton will I be okay to run the helios8 just plugged in to that circut? There's other breakers I could probably tap into but would have to do some wiring that isn't in my field of expertise. I don't have the materials to hard wire it so was hoping I would be okay running the 240v draw from the helios8 on the double pole 15amp breaker without problems. Planning on running 1600 watts so I won't really be maxing out the draw..that's not counting fans and exhaust though. I have an ac running on a different circut that is also a double pole 15 amp breaker and had fans and a 1000watt light running at the same time without tripping but I don't want to start a fire or pop breakers with the helios8. Was just going to get a plug to wire into my used helios8, the guy ran it to a basic 120 outlet with a 240v breaker and was wondering if a 120 plug would be okay as well?

Pics of the little girls 😃. Happy growing!!!

Comment

Seriously thinking of manifolding this gg#4 if it's not an auto....still no pistils 😠 neither seem to be autos. Might be stuck growing these outside and just bring them in when the weather changes up maybe run another ballast in my shop when the weather favors 😉.

Skywalkers are starting to stretch and lots of pistils...sunshine has done wonders just keep getting random bug attacks. But I now have a Daddylongleg 🕷 in one pot and another spider that was hiding under some foliage when I did some minor lst 😎. I'll let them move on when the food supply is gone 😆.

Got them in the new tent now and hoping I can run both of my lights...thinking of getting a generator. We'll see what happens. Might just have to finish em up outside and figure something out for August. I hope this tent works...pics 23days from seed.
          Last edited by Chefbjy; 07-15-2018, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Flower power Skywalkers. Click image for larger version

Name:	20180719_183308.jpg
Views:	421
Size:	2.33 MB
ID:	228050 gg#4s Click image for larger version

Name:	20180719_183331.jpg
Views:	428
Size:	1.73 MB
ID:	228052 maybe Click image for larger version

Name:	20180719_183323.jpg
Views:	427
Size:	2.33 MB
ID:	228053 not autos
            Attached Files

Comment

Well we have pistils on the gg#4 now. They must have heard me talking about taking cuttings and vegging them for another 4 weeks 😆. Hopefully we'll be seeing some budlets soon but for now I'm happy they have pistils. Enjoying the sun today bipolar weather had them in the shop for a couple days...they like the sun more then my 1000watt hps 😉. A little bug damage here and there but no infestations...they've been nibbling and moving on not too much else I can do about it.

Skywalkers are stacking up nicely 😃.

Comment

• RosettaStoned
                RosettaStoned commented
                Editing a comment
                Do I have to list what's in my soil?? Oh boy, that's quite list

• GreenState
                GreenState commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks Chefbjy, still torn between fems and autos. Probably going to order seeds from the supplier you mentioned.
                Wonder which would do better with the cold winter nights here...Gets pretty cool in the area(my whole house!) I use for indoors.

• Chefbjy
                Chefbjy commented
                Editing a comment
                GreenState autos will be faster to flower and photos will take up to 4weeks longer depending on strain and how long you veg for. If you want to get to flower fast and get some nug before it really starts freezing autos will be a good bet. Takes a lot of energy here to heat the house so my power bill was crazy last winter with my photos. But I love growing both.
                I'm about to harvest my gg photo bagseed under scrog you can check it out in my other journal. Doing both has been fun so I'm thinking of doing both photos and autos from now on 😉.

Supercropping ftw 😆. Click image for larger version

Name:	20180722_164129.jpg
Views:	414
Size:	2.02 MB
ID:	229018Click image for larger version

Name:	20180722_164141.jpg
Views:	418
Size:	1.93 MB
ID:	229019Click image for larger version

Name:	20180722_163958.jpg
Views:	417
Size:	2.40 MB
ID:	229020Click image for larger version

Name:	20180722_164116.jpg
Views:	400
Size:	2.38 MB
ID:	229021

Comment

• Chefbjy
                Chefbjy commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm sure hoping to...going to have them tested as well. Thanks for cheering me on RosettaStoned 😉.

About the soil question... I thought it was full disclosure so I decided to add my recipe to the nute list. Sure would like to know how you do yours though. I thought I was the only one going with their own soil recipe but would be glad to look your list over.

Just want a comparison of recipes to further my inexperience 😆. This is the first time doing a water only and I'm impressed with how the one that got hedged just took off. She's looking like the tallest plant with the least amount of nodes...I will experiment with more auto training soon enough 😉.

• Cannabliss
                Cannabliss commented
                Editing a comment
                Very nice work with the plants and on the supercropping Chefbjy. Wish I had done that to my previous Blue Dream grow. Then maybe I wouldn't have run out of head room lol. Lessons learned.

• Chefbjy
                Chefbjy commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you Cannabliss 😉

Here's the recipe for my soil
              receipe is.....
              Medium- 3 cubic ft sunshine mix #4 advanced with coco coir (7 5 gallon buckets)
              1 1/2+ 5 gallon buckets each of purple cow compost and coast of Maine lobster compost- I ordered the CoM compost because i read about it
              1 1/2 + 5 gallon buckets each of ewc, two kinds
              2 +/- 5 gallon buckets of perlite, added a little vermiculite because I had it laying around.
              (Part of this came from another forum and can't take credit for it)

Amendments...
              Equal parts;
              Blood meal- high N for growth
              Bone meal- high N and P for flower and root structure
              Bat guano- high N and microbes and enzymes
              Iron tone- micro and macro nutrients
              Garden lime- pH control and macronutrients
              Garden gypsum- pH control (helps lime move through soil and prevent compaction), root growth, micro and macro
              Oyster shells (ground)- calcium, pH control
              Green sand- takes forever to break down but good K source, mined from the sea (never used it before, from another forum)
              Fish meal- excellent for microbial life, high N and P
              Chicken manure pellets- slower release N, beneficial bacteria
              Rock phosphate- for flower
              Tomato tone- balanced fertilizer, high K
              Garden tone- balanced fertilizer, higher K
              Dr Earth garden fertilizer- same, for diversity
              Doubled these;
              Alfalfa meal- good K source but adds beneficial microbes that help break down nutrients to readily available
              Kelp meal- apparently this one is magical and I've been missing out on it in my vegetable garden, adds aminos, carbs, vitamins, minerals, plant hormones, and much more (another one from a different forum)
              Neem cake- well rounded source of macro but mainly for pests and disease
              Azomite- rock dust for micronutrients and trace minerals
              Mega mend natural minerals- another trace mineral source

i used 3 cups per cubic foot of the amendment mix, that equals about 16 1/2 cups. Then 3 cups of the rock dust mix for the whole pile.
              ​​​​​​I spread out a tarp in my sunporch and got to work. Took about an hour to measure all out and mix (took me longer to type this out haha). I cleaned out a garbage can and put outside my grow room. Hauled it down stairs in batches wetting it down as I go. It filled a 32 gallon can (compacted) and two, 3/4 full, 17 gallon round totes I'll use for my no-till flowering

It a little shy in the calcium and magnesium so I will be adding some next mix.
              also going with molasses like daas for the whole grow.
              "Be an artist of consciousness, your picture of reality is your most important creation, make it powerfully profoundly beautiful" Alex Grey

Current grows in flower 🌺
              5 Star Killer 1 Terp-n-Pine "manifolds", four 7 gallon, two 5 gallon fabric, super soil, water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea (started modified nute program beneficial waterings/amendments (no bottles) at week 3
              600 actual watts, 12 gen7 vero 29 cobs, 70 watts deep red/far red (emerson effect)

2 GOO & 2 Island Sweet Skunk, 5 gallon fabric, super soil
              Water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea
              400 actual watts, LED build

Canna nutrients line with boost - dwc, Terpinator - dwc
              ​​​​​​botanicare calmag plus and GH silica, pH up/down

Super soil - mixed myself
              13.5x14 grow room divided, 13.5x6 flower 6" can fan pro max/can-lite carbon filter, 13.5x8 veg/work room passive intake

Comment

• Chefbjy
                Chefbjy commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you for sharing I'm using roots organics original amended with langbeinite, fish bone meal, feather meal, neem meal, oystershell, garden lime, epson salt, kelp meal, granulated humic acids, bti bits, and de. Might end up feeding teas and brews but I'm hoping it's enough to carry it through.

Sitting in a can now and will be watering and stirring soon...should be ready to go by dhgc 😉.

• RosettaStoned
                RosettaStoned commented
                Editing a comment
                Oh, I've recently added bio char as well

• Chefbjy
                Chefbjy commented
                Editing a comment
                I was looking into bio char RosettaStoned. Also was looking at insect flass...there's so much out there it was a little overwhelming at first but I'll get my own dialed in soon. Just did a little top dressing with these autos and they're loving life atm 😉.

Chefbjy LOL my heating energy is wood, lots of it! Just got a log truck load a few weeks ago, most will be for next year.(have 5 cord put up already)
              Hopefully my outdoor girl will carry me well into the winter, still have some jars from this past winters endeavors (g)
              I think I'll go with photos.
              Last edited by GreenState; 07-23-2018, 03:33 PM.
              "That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

Comment

• Chefbjy
                Chefbjy commented
                Editing a comment
                Nice...there are some fast auto strains out there. I highly recommend Mephisto genetics for certain reliability. I don't want to stop growing 😆. I'm just over these summer grows that's more of a battle then the winter for me 😉. I would do all seasons but think I'll have to take a 3-4 month break during summer solstice...unless I do outdoors next year.

• oldjarhead100
                oldjarhead100 commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm with ya chefbjy this sucks every day seems like a new battle lol

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180725_101329.jpg
Views:	398
Size:	2.79 MB
ID:	229903Tika here's my brag flower 😆.

Comment

Still tying the gg#4s down pistils are taking their time. Been thinking of a little pruning on the bottom. But since I'm tying them down the very bottom branches are now level with the canopy.

Supercropping has been effective and the gg#4s are just getting unruly now. I see pistils but there isn't much flowering so still a little concerned they might not be autos day 33 and these were supposed to be done in 55-60 days from seed. With my training there's so much exposed growth tips and side branching is flourishing. Can't really complain about a healthy plant 😆.

Skywalkers seem to be on track though with 70 something days from seed via breeder info. Got to love good genetics...happy with Metephisto genetics will be getting more seeds from them for sure 😉. D.A.A.S.69 just a little more then a week behind you buddy. I think you like those Metephisto seeds too don't you?

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                  D.A.A.S.69 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Chefbjy, man your plant looks nice, !!!
                  Yeah its hard to beat DutchPassion, Mephistos, and Nirvana, they are all proven, many times over.I'm also loving New420Guy Seeds too, I just wish i would have waited until it was cooler to start them, they are in a closet, with Led lights on them.

• GreenState
                  GreenState commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Is that a polyploid plant in the middle picture? That bud shape looks similar to my mutant grown this past winter. Double leaves, etc.

• Chefbjy
                  Chefbjy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks DAAS. GreenState the one middle left and the one middle right were both topped. The middle left was accidental. Topped at second node and growing strong main branches now.

Well guess I'm stuck with a couple photoperiod plants..no way they'll be done in another 20 something days. Supposed to be 50-60 days from seed. I see pistils but still not flowering, just more growth tips. I'm thinking of stripping some leaves and branches since they're getting a little unruly.

Just might take some clones but don't know what I'm going to do. I can't give them a12 hour dark period when I have autos in the same room. Might have to finish them outside but don't really have a spot. There's lights on at certain points at night that might make them seed. I'm lost 😆. I could wait till the Skywalkers are done in another 40 days or so making it almost 80day veg. N ot sure how they will turn out. Idk what to do with them yet don't even know how big they'll get since they're not autos. Was anticipating a 3ft plant but they haven't even started the flower dance/stretch. I have them tied down with the canopy even with my flowering plants but not sure how much longer I can keep em short lol. Ahhh what a problem to have...I'm not going to cull them. Just stuck with big healthy photos adding time to get them to harvest. Sucks I was hoping for a harvest in the allotted time of 56 and 76 days. Now it's a harvest in 76 days and another 8 weeks to finish the others facepalm.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
                  oldjarhead100 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I had some critical autos that after 60 days decided they were not autos put them in bloom room and gave them more time in veg they both seeded but they wern't the only ones so I don't know if it was the long veg or something else

• Tika
                  Tika commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Stuck? With photoperiods?.naughty boy!

• Chefbjy
                  Chefbjy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Lol yeah it kind of interferes with my process and intent to be done with them by mid to late August (when they should have been ready.)

For the picture lovers 😉 Click image for larger version

Name:	20180729_104318.jpg
Views:	400
Size:	2.31 MB
ID:	231560

Comment

• Chefbjy
                  Chefbjy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I have a little chlorisis from bug damage on lower leaves. And a little nibble here and there but overall happy with not feeding. The gg#4s are going to need some top dressing to keep it going till the end 😟.

• Tika
                  Tika commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Racking and stacking those buds! Really nice to see.

• Chefbjy
                  Chefbjy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  They're growing fast. I put em in the shop turned the light on and went to bed...when I pulled them out into the sun I noticed significant swelling and stacking. Thanks Tika.

Damn photos mixed up with my autos...😆. I'm going to have a little amended soil left from what I mage for dhgc so I'm going to transplant these gg#4s. They're getting big and I feel I should be cloning and lollypopping right now. I've been trying to keep them short so I think 15gallon fabric pots. I want more bushy then tall but we'll see what happens 😉.

So I'm behind in my harvest and plans to have a clean slate come Aug. 11th. These ladies will finish up in the shop I'm thinking September will be perfect to align with the sun and get these girls done without having to worry about light leaks. They've been on a 20/4 sched. 19/5 maybe at times depending on the sun for the majority of this grow. Will be interesting to see how much they stretch when I flip them.

Skywalkers shaping up. It seems I have a little tip burn from my amended soil indicating a high salinty in my soil. Not too worried about it though since there's not any other problems. Things are going good so far and they should be done beginning of September. Loving this organic grow so far and can't wait to try out my newly amended soil. I think I've put together a decent compost. I'm adding worms to my mix later today 😉. I've been looking at a worm farm near me that has soil made for most 502 rec facilities to use and they do. Might pick up a bag or 2 to try in the shop when the gg#4s are done. Happy growing all.

Comment

• alltatup
                  alltatup commented
                  Editing a comment
                  They all look awesome!! Look at those skinny leaves!!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X