States that are legal for recreational purposes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

States that are legal for recreational purposes

Hey everyone! I have a question regarding growing in states where it's recreationally legal, so if anyone lives in one of these states I would love your input!

Is it legal to grow your own in that state still? And what are the conditions? My state is going to have it on the ballot this year, and I would hate for there to be a stipulation that you can only grow on a commercial level. I don't think that's how it works, but I would love to know from someone who is living in a state where it already is legal on the recreational level.

It probably won't stop me and I know that that particular law could also vary from state to state, but I was just curious. Thanks in advance!
    Quadlining

Past Grows

Massachusetts here - they legalized recreational sales and personal growing here at the same time (with a delay on the rec sales, which starts July 1). I'm pretty sure there aren't any legal states where you can't grow your own; only the rules vary (although Nevada is a bummer — you can't grow if you live within, I think, 25 miles of a dispensary!). Canada, on the other hand, I believe is not allowing growing at all, which seems just stupid to me.
    My first grow

Comment

• farmerjim
      farmerjim commented
      Editing a comment
      Potted - A taxed, regulated industry > one that lands us in jail! I even wouldn't be opposed to paying a yearly fee for something like a "home cultivation license", like many already do for medical-use license renewal. Tax revenue is a huge selling point in the legalization argument and likely the only argument that will get these beautiful plants legalized nationwide. In my opinion, it's not the states we need to worry about, it's keeping the industry more like the craft beer industry as opposed to Big Pharma once its legalized nationally.... we're watching you Canada!

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      That is nuts in Nevada: I can just see the insane cannacapitalists drooling and giggling over their plan to dominate the globe... Same to Canada: screw them. Everyone should be growing their own.

• Locrian99
      Locrian99 commented
      Editing a comment
      farmerjim look at widmer brothers brewing one of the first microbrews in Portland Oregon. Now owned by Anhueser Busch which is owned by InBev so technically the little brewery is owned by a Belgian company. Money will find a way...

Before recreational was approved only patients or their designated caregiver could cultivate. After recreational, those cultivation rights were granted to non patients. Are you in one of the new ballot states in the northeast? More specific details here...

Learn what recreational marijuana is and where cannabis is legal in the United States for adult use, as well as how recreational weed is different from medical marijuana.
    Instagram: @farmerjim420
    What is VPD?
    diygrowdata.com

Completed:
    #1 Nirvana Super Skunk - 49/49 - DWC - 64g (1 plant)
    Completed: #2 Nirvana Lemon OG Haze - RDWC - 460g (3 plants)
    In progress: #3 DARK HARVEST GROW CHALLENGE! (Group Thread)!
    In progress: #3 Dark Harvest Grow Challenge - farmerjim (thread)

Current Setup:
    • Scrog Tent: HydroFarm Phantom cMH reflector & ballast - Phillips MasterColor 3100/4200k
    • Mainline Tent: HydroFarm Phantom Dual 315 cMH
    • #diyrdwc
    • GH Flora Trio, CalMag, Hydroguard, ArmorSi, Diamond Nectar

Comment

• Doubledealing72
      Doubledealing72 commented
      Editing a comment
      I am in MI. I can't wait to vote!

Originally posted by Aloner View Post
    Canada, on the other hand, I believe is not allowing growing at all, which seems just stupid to me.
    Not 100% true If you have an acmpr your legally allowed to grow 3x 1g perscription, ie: 3g/day script is 15 plants, it must be approved through health canada. As for everyone growing for recreational is a no go until bill c-45 passes... When it does its 4x plants per household are allowed.

Please visit www.honestgr.ca for reviews on grow equipment. It is going slowly as I am trying to find products to review (and supportive companies!) I do giveaways there, do not tell me your from GWE however.

Comment

• Aloner
      Aloner commented
      Editing a comment
      That's far more reasonable. Glad to hear it!

I do know live there but I know you can in Colorado as I have a friend there who does and I know another friend from Canada who doesn’t live there but funds a grow there because if the Strict guidelines there with there new medical program.
    DWC hydroponics 2.5 gal veg 5 gal bloom / GH flora trio + calimagic, florablend, Koolbloom, rapid start , hydroguard , armor si, diamond nectar, floralicous plus / 600w hps / 48x48x80 grow tent x2 / white widow / special kush #1 / 24/0 12/12. Hopes prayers and a tiny bit of luck.

Comment

I live in California and we are allowed a total of 6 plants as long as there out of site and locked away outdoor not to sure I heard the city decides if to ban it or not thats why gonna keep my outdoor stealthy

Comment

The passage of HB 75 changes that, making it explicit that households can have up to 12 plants, six of which may be flowering. Two adults over the age of 21 would have to be living in the home.In their homes, Alaskans can possess as much marijuana as those plants produce. In public, people can possess up to an ounce legally. Source is https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/2016/07/29

Comment

Oregon here. Rec is legally to grow. Can have 4 mature and 4 immature plants. A mature plant is defined as being taller than 12” and/or more than 12” in diameter. Can possess 8 oz I think at home and gave up to an ounce on you.
          48”x48”x80” flower/main tent
          600w mh/hps
          32”x32”x63” veg tent
          viparspectra PAR 450 led
          FFOF soil, Fox farms nutes, raw silica
          5 gallon Smart Pots
          Current grow Aurora Indica, Girl Scout Cookies, Wonder Woman (all Nirvana)
          Current grow progress: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/159795-locrian99s-2nd-grow

Comment

I believe MA is 5 (or 6, not completely sure) plants per adult in the household (so theoretically we could have up to 12 but obviously don't have the space). The jury's still out on whether growing is allowed in rental properties; the majority of objections seem to think that any grow uses massive amounts of electricity, creates mold and fire hazards, etc.

It's still 100% illegal if you're in public housing. No smoking in public (is not and probably never will be enforced).
            ****tent (2x4) and large light (Relassy 300W LED) is in storage for now until I can solve some household electrical issues****

CoM Stonington Blend soil, distilled water; Liquid Squid amendment if needed, molasses for flowering

"I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up."

Comment

• Aloner
              Aloner commented
              Editing a comment
              6 per adult, with a max of 12 plants per household.

• Doubledealing72
              Doubledealing72 commented
              Editing a comment
              Aloner, are you a night shifter or an early bird? I get out of work at 4am, wind down until 6 and then go to bed. I've noticed you have posted at this hour before so I had to ask lol

• Aloner
              Aloner commented
              Editing a comment
              Early bird. GWE is one of my first stops when I get up. I've done the overnight shift thing at a previous job, didn't love it lol

Hey all, just joined up here! In Maine we're allowed, (per person), to have 6 flowering plants, 12 mature, and unlimited seedlings under the fairly new recreational law, it was pretty much the same thing under the med law we had before that.
            Courage is not the strength to go on, it's going on when you don't have the strength. -Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Mississippi, it's always been legal down here, lol
              Just don't let them catch you,
              Cfls for a week or two
              315lec for everything else
              Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
              36x36x63 inch tent.
              6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
              Smart pots
              Molasses
              Autoflowers

Comment

• Bluto
                Bluto commented
                Editing a comment
                Lol!!!

Thank you everyone for all the responses! Definitely put my mind at ease!
              Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

Here's another website with useful information...
                Instagram: @farmerjim420
                What is VPD?
                diygrowdata.com

Completed:
                #1 Nirvana Super Skunk - 49/49 - DWC - 64g (1 plant)
                Completed: #2 Nirvana Lemon OG Haze - RDWC - 460g (3 plants)
                In progress: #3 DARK HARVEST GROW CHALLENGE! (Group Thread)!
                In progress: #3 Dark Harvest Grow Challenge - farmerjim (thread)

Current Setup:
                • Scrog Tent: HydroFarm Phantom cMH reflector & ballast - Phillips MasterColor 3100/4200k
                • Mainline Tent: HydroFarm Phantom Dual 315 cMH
                • #diyrdwc
                • GH Flora Trio, CalMag, Hydroguard, ArmorSi, Diamond Nectar

Comment

N.J. Here, trying to hammer out a deal for legalization. I just hope l can survive it. This is what the state come up with so far, medical pot can b sold in despensarys at a meer 500.00 bucks a oz thay have widened the window for patients with different problems to get medications with a med.card. Still can’t grow in the state legally, as long as u can pony up $500. A mounth your golden. Just got to stay low and grow for now, 😎

Comment

Washington State. Recreational grows are not legal here. :?

3rd grow
                    CFL's for seedlings
                    Outdoor DIY Grow Box 4' X 3' X 8'
                    Galaxyhydro LED 300w Full Spectrum
                    ViparSpectra LED 450w Full Spectrum
                    Coco Loco & Kindsoil
                    Foliar Essence

5 gal Smart pot/5 gal plastic pot
                    AK-47 feminized - GYO
                    Fallen Angel feminized - Devils Harvest

"Changing my thinking, changes my life."

Comment

• Locrian99
                      Locrian99 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      They say because it’ll create a black market. They just can’t get any tax revenue.

• PapaIndica
                      PapaIndica commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Like they'll stop or even slow down any black market with weed by not allowing you to grow.

• Locrian99
                      Locrian99 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Well maybe not create but they are worried about not having a way of tracking it or something I read an article on it. It really just sounded like they couldn’t make any money off it.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X