A Friends plant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Friends plant

So quick summary, One if my friends is super secret about his little closet grow is having issues. He refuses to search online for answers, even after I refered him to GWE for answers, he has two plants. Ill give as much info as I can, as he will not take a photo or let me due to fear of the whole gps and government is always watching thing. I have known him from my childhood.

Without a picture I know this will be extreamly difficult to describe so I will do my best!

This is his first grow.

Setup:
    Small but tall closet.
    It is pained white
    A mars II 300w led light (I believe @ manufacturers hight suggestion.
    A large pot, lots of room for roots
    He is using a suitable ProMix
    He uses botanicare veg nutrients and their cal mag. (He hasnt gotten flowering nutes yet)
    He feeds both plants the same. (Mixes nutes in ome comtainer) (Phed)
    Same strain
    The plants are aprox 2 months old based on size.

The status of plants
    So this is the complicated part with no picture.

Of the two, One is extreamly happy, the other is completely unhappy.
    So, this one looks waxy leaves (shiny) and browing along all of the edges.
    The new growth looks good, however the "newer" growth will turn the same as the older. There is also curling down of leaves.
    At first I thought it looked like a mix of ph and light burn, but like I mentioned the other plant lools great, they are both from seedsman. Where I have yet to actually diagnose plants, I cant even think of the solution...
    Also the leaves seem to have a dry feel to them the lower you go.

I am wondering if he shouldnt flush the plant with a very mild nutrient mix and see how that goes? Or better yet just plain phed water to see if maybe it was a concentrate of nutes....

Supposedly the normal feeding is 1 feeding nutes, 1 Feeding water, when the soil is dry.

Hope someone can help and ill let him read the responses.... maybe one day ill get him on here so he can post an fing picture!

Thank you all in advance, any additional info you need I see him later today for a beer.

Edit: Did more research, found possibly wind burn, He has a fan pointed towards a wall (away) from the plant right beside it.

Anything else by chance?

I screwed up on the title sorry!
    Last edited by Qwertywill; 04-08-2018, 11:55 AM.

Please visit www.honestgr.ca for reviews on grow equipment. It is going slowly as I am trying to find products to review (and supportive companies!) I do giveaways there, do not tell me your from GWE however.

Waxy shiny leaves sounds like russet mites. Wind burn will show some clawing along with brown spots. I'd have them ph maybe move the fan or put it on a lower speed. Hard to say without pics though.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Comment

Originally posted by Chefbjy View Post
      Waxy shiny leaves sounds like russet mites. Wind burn will show some clawing along with brown spots. I'd have them ph maybe move the fan or put it on a lower speed. Hard to say without pics though.
      I agree completly, pictures would help so much. Still trying to convince him to let me take one with gps disabled lmao. I just relayed this info to him. He said he is going to look over it with a fine tooth comb about the mites. It is definitly clawing and brown tips. I got him to move his fan when I seen him last night. The fan was located next to his plant facing the wall. But a fan displaces air, and the air in = air out...

I lent him my ph pen I had on standby, his Ph is in range for soil. The fan was already on low speed, but was not going side to side.

Please visit www.honestgr.ca for reviews on grow equipment. It is going slowly as I am trying to find products to review (and supportive companies!) I do giveaways there, do not tell me your from GWE however.

Comment

• Chefbjy
        Chefbjy commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah sounds more like wind burn but shiny and waxy sounds like mites. Good fan placement and proper air flow can make a huge difference.

Definitely makes sense. Its a pretty big fan for his space. He hasnt found any mites.... but that dosnt mean they are not there... figured his other plant would be affected as well, but could just be that plant for now.. he will keep looking!

Comment

take a photo with a normal digital camera, not on a phone?
        Completed auto grows 3

2x4 Gorilla tent
        600W HPS
        Coco
        GH Flora Series trio + Armor Si, CALiMAGic, RapidStart, Liquid KoolBloom, Floralicious Plus, FloraKleen, Diamond Nectar, FloraBlend, FloraNectar (Pineapple Rush version), Dry Koolbloom + Great White mycorrhizae & Terpinator

Grows using this setup: 1
        Largest yield from this setup: 20oz / 567g

Previous grows:
        http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...row-first-grow
        http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...world-of-seeds

Comment

• OzBud
          OzBud commented
          Editing a comment
          you can also remove most data from a photo before posting. I do.

I dont know if he has a digital camera. I know I dont. But shall see if he does... for my reference, how do you remove the data? Maybe i can talk him into that!

Comment

I definitely think the fan is partially to blame. Are both plants the same size? In the same size pots? What type of pots is he using? Plenty of drainage for both?? All conditions being the same I would suspect that the unhappy plant has unhappy roots, if it were mine I would let it dry out until the leaves started to droop, then feed as normal.
          Failure is an opportunity for improvement!!

Current Grows:
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...s-jedi-og-grow

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-gorilla-grow

Completed Grows:
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ang-jack-herer

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-northern-soul

Comment

Both are aprox the same size, same sized pots,same water mixed (mixes in the one container) im going to get him to flush well with a mild nutrient mix so it has some nutes, There is significant drainage. If i can find out how to remove data off a pic i convinced him to take a pic

Comment

How to remove metadata. It's really easy, I've done it a bunch of times.
              ****tent (2x4) and large light (Relassy 300W LED) is in storage for now until I can solve some household electrical issues****

CoM Stonington Blend soil, distilled water; Liquid Squid amendment if needed, molasses for flowering

"I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up."

Comment

Well, just got back from buddies place, he cut it down and tossed it.... so no picture... sorry Thanks for trying though!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X