No announcement yet.

Dark Harvest GROW CHALLENGE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 Plants: committing to 2 DGTH and 2 GC, if I get my shit together I want to try a third of each in a hybrid medium.

2 Grow: Space: framed in room in basement, 13.5x6 veg room/storage/work room - 13.5x8 flower room

3 Lights: seedlings - 2' fluorescent t8 and 125 watt CFL
    veg stage - Most likely my remodeled vipar and mars which equal around 225 watts together. If i get my parts in time and assemble the light, I will use the two morsen remodels which equal about 395 watts together
    flower stage - I have to have the light built by now. I will either; 1- Finish anything I have in there under the cobs and use the new light (2' samsung lm561c H series strips x 32, 3000k and 4000k mix, 400 watts, 64,000 luminous flux, two independent 4'x2' frames), 2- Build this thing and finish under it and use the 600 watts of cobs/70 watts of mono reds. The second sounds better but we will see....

4 Medium: 2 17 gallon no till super soil/ started in peat plugs/ solo cups/ 1 gallon fabric pots
    2 DWC 5 gallon buckets/6" net pots/rockwool and hydroton. started in rockwool plugs then to 3" blocks
    **Extra Credit** 2 5 gallon fabric (hybrid) mix. Started in peat plugs/ solo cups/ 1 gallon fabric pots. I will use 35-40% coco coir, 15-20% perlite, 10-15% peat amended with lime/ gypsum/ iron-tone/ oyster shells/ azomite/ megamend/ kelp meal/ alfalfa meal/ bio-char, the rest a mix of EWC/ compost. The idea here is I want to be able to water everyday at least, but have it be organic. I will use Canna's bio line which is a Grow, Flower, and Rhizotonic for roots, all certified organic. There is a boost product but it is not fully organic, and it's expensive. Not sure how this would go but my curiosity makes me want to do it regardless of the results. Good luck to me on this one.

5 Containers: described above- 2 17 gallon no till super soil containers, 2 5 gallon DWC buckets, **Bonus** 2 5 gallon fabric pots hybrid mix

6 Nutes/Additives: DWC- Canna line= Rhizotonic, Cannazyme, Vega A+B, Flores A+B, PK 13/14, Cannaboost, Calimagic. Armor Si
    Super soil mix- receipe is.....
    Medium- 3 cubic ft sunshine mix #4 advanced with coco coir (7 5 gallon buckets)
    1 1/2+ 5 gallon buckets each of purple cow compost and coast of Maine lobster compost- I ordered the CoM compost because i read about it
    1 1/2 + 5 gallon buckets each of ewc, two kinds
    2 +/- 5 gallon buckets of perlite, added a little vermiculite because I had it laying around.
    (Part of this came from another forum and can't take credit for it)

Amendments...
    Equal parts;
    Blood meal- high N for growth
    Bone meal- high N and P for flower and root structure
    Bat guano- high N and microbes and enzymes
    Iron tone- micro and macro nutrients
    Garden lime- pH control and macro nutrients
    Garden gypsum- pH control (helps lime move through soil and prevent compaction), root growth, micro and macro
    Oyster shells (ground)- calcium, pH control
    Green sand- takes forever to break down but good K source, mined from the sea (never used it before, from another forum)
    Fish meal- excellent for microbial life, high N and P
    Chicken manure pellets- slower release N, beneficial bacteria
    Rock phosphate- for flower
    Tomato tone- balanced fertilizer, high K
    Garden tone- balanced fertilizer, higher K
    Dr Earth garden fertilizer- same, for diversity also has mycorrhizae
    Doubled these;
    Alfalfa meal- good K source but adds beneficial microbes that help break down nutrients to readily available, triacontanol, more....
    Kelp meal- adds aminos, carbs, vitamins, minerals, plant hormones, and much more....
    Neem cake- well rounded source of macro but mainly for pests and disease
    Azomite- rock dust for micro nutrients and trace minerals
    Mega mend natural minerals- another trace mineral source
    Bio-Char- Suppose to help with nutrient absorption and mirco biology, keeps soil loose

Will be using molasses, kelp and alfalfa meal teas/sprays, and top dressings of EWC/compost/amendments

**Bonus** I will use 35-40% coco coir, 15-20% perlite, 10-15% peat amended with lime/ gypsum/ iron-tone/ oyster shells/ azomite/ megamend/ kelp meal/ alfalfa meal/ bio-char, the rest a mix of EWC/ compost. The idea here is I want to be able to water everyday at least, but have it be organic. I will use Canna's bio line which is a Grow, Flower, and Rhizotonic for roots, all certified organic. There is a boost product but it is not fully organic, and it's expensive. I will probably use the sample of mammoth P I have for the added enzymes and bacteria.

7 Experience: I am at just over one year of growing MJ. I have gardened and kept up my own landscaping for years now.

My grow philosophy right now is see what is like and grow for fun.

I grow because I like MJ, nuff said.

I want to see how everyone's grows turns out with there method, medium, etc.

I think that' s it, whew.....
    Last edited by RosettaStoned; 08-06-2018, 11:26 PM.
    "Be an artist of consciousness, your picture of reality is your most important creation, make it powerfully profoundly beautiful" Alex Grey

Current grows in flower 🌺
    5 Star Killer 1 Terp-n-Pine "manifolds", four 7 gallon, two 5 gallon fabric, super soil, water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea (started modified nute program beneficial waterings/amendments (no bottles) at week 3
    600 actual watts, 12 gen7 vero 29 cobs, 70 watts deep red/far red (emerson effect)

2 GOO & 2 Island Sweet Skunk, 5 gallon fabric, super soil
    Water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea
    400 actual watts, LED build

Canna nutrients line with boost - dwc, Terpinator - dwc
    ​​​​​​botanicare calmag plus and GH silica, pH up/down

Super soil - mixed myself
    13.5x14 grow room divided, 13.5x6 flower 6" can fan pro max/can-lite carbon filter, 13.5x8 veg/work room passive intake

Comment

• RosettaStoned
      RosettaStoned commented
      Editing a comment
      I actually am as well....I've come to realize it's not my growing that's the problem, so much, it's the damb drying/curing!🤬🤬🤬

Oh one other supplement.....a healthy dose of music while they are awake. That's not new though.
      Last edited by RosettaStoned; 08-06-2018, 08:12 AM.

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      Growing is a cure even on my worst days I can still manage to take care of the girls

It turns out that if you dont turn the dehumidifier off when you leave the room it works alot better . thats right I was turning it off no wonder the damn thing didn't work lol

The power over my work bench is on a switch in the front part of the cellar ,all of the grow rooms have direct power to them ,so when I moved the dh to the work area I plugged it in without remembering what supplied power to it , I did this for a week and yesterday I was down there messing with the DH and I followed the supply line back to the receptical and the light bulb went off oh shit .

So when you guys stop laughing, theres only 5 days and a wake up (in case of some of you 4 days and a stay up late lol)

I had a little video of the air injectors running but it wouldn't post and I had to post this old picture
    I have 7 7gallon pots ready with air injectors installed I will have to use one of the pots that I'm using now in bloom room
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• farmerjim
      farmerjim commented
      Editing a comment
      ojh, if you want your video up, i can post it on instagram for you and share the link to it. GWE doesnt accept video files... just image and gifs (Campesions moving images)... shoot it to me if you want @ 420farmerjim@gmail.com

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      no biggie it just showed air bubbles in water thanks though

Any thoughts, suggestions, ideas, experience, good or bad will be taken on my "hybrid" mix grow. I honestly could see it going well for a while but then turn bad, just like that. It's all going to depend on whether the nutes can be broken down and available for the roots, but at the same time, not creating an unsavory environment for the roots to rot. I can't measure ec but I can control the pH with household items.
    should I buffer the coco first? With what that's organic. There's GO calmag but I'd rather not if I can avoid it. I was hoping the added lime and whatnot would take care of the calcium. Then use Epsom salt for the magnesium if any is needed.
    "Be an artist of consciousness, your picture of reality is your most important creation, make it powerfully profoundly beautiful" Alex Grey

5 Star Killer 1 Terp-n-Pine "manifolds", four 7 gallon, two 5 gallon fabric, super soil, water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea (started modified nute program beneficial waterings/amendments (no bottles) at week 3
    600 actual watts, 12 gen7 vero 29 cobs, 70 watts deep red/far red (emerson effect)

13.5x14 grow room divided, 13.5x6 flower 6" can fan pro max/can-lite carbon filter, 13.5x8 veg/work room passive intake

Comment

• RosettaStoned
      RosettaStoned commented
      Editing a comment
      I have the GO calmag and will probably just use that. Also instead of buying canna I think I have enough roots organic to do a grow. That would help get rid of it along with the other GO calmag and bio-root. Also thinking this could be a waste of good seeds? Maybe I should just do this on it's own with the crosses by buddy gave me. I would know how they act then. Thoughts?

• Tika
      Tika commented
      Editing a comment
      Cyco Platinum coco......

• RosettaStoned
      RosettaStoned commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll have to order that. Not available where I go. Pre buffered i assume?

All seriousness aside for a moment what's this on my auto flower? 😆 Click image for larger version

Name:	20180807_111706.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	1.80 MB
ID:	234104I haven't watered it in weeks rofl...
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Comment

• GreenhouseEffect
      GreenhouseEffect commented
      Editing a comment
      I think it caught a rare condition from the under watering, called " Spineossis".
      Best thing to do, is just start watering normally again, and I'm sure you will be harvesting some top quality buds in no time!

Wish I could join but I started just a bit too early.
    Grow and good luck
    Current grow:

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...lly-grown-meds

past grows:

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...2-grow-one-off

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...hello-everyone

Comment

I got the paper towel ready yesterday and I figured my wife could wake me up around midnight ,I carried the towel out to get a plastic plate and when I opened it 5 of the dgth were gone, oh WTF,well with the help my wife and her friend I found 4 of the missing 5 so I started them at 440 this morning ,if they are new seeds they should have tails by tonight or in the morning
      new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
      current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• farmerjim
        farmerjim commented
        Editing a comment
        i totally missed this - lol - where'd you find them!? did it take you 4 hrs to find them all??

No work today so I slept in.

500am pst started my soak
      "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

About to soak!
        Instagram: @farmerjim420
        What is VPD?
        diygrowdata.com

Completed:
        #1 Nirvana Super Skunk - 49/49 - DWC - 64g (1 plant)
        Completed: #2 Nirvana Lemon OG Haze - RDWC - 460g (3 plants)
        In progress: #3 DARK HARVEST GROW CHALLENGE! (Group Thread)!
        In progress: #3 Dark Harvest Grow Challenge - farmerjim (thread)

Current Setup:
        • Scrog Tent: HydroFarm Phantom cMH reflector & ballast - Phillips MasterColor 3100/4200k
        • Mainline Tent: HydroFarm Phantom Dual 315 cMH
        • #diyrdwc
        • GH Flora Trio, CalMag, Hydroguard, ArmorSi, Diamond Nectar

Comment

3 of each strain germinating in paper towels as of 12:05 am PST.
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Comment

• Chefbjy
            Chefbjy commented
            Editing a comment
            5 out of 6 had tails before I dropped them all in jiffy pellets at 5:10 pm 8/12/18. 3 dgth with tails and 2 gc with tails but all seeds went into pellets under 3 60 watt cfls and one 100watt daylight led 2 cfls are soft white and one is bright. Sitting in the veg room atm but going to arrange my clip lights in the tent for the reflectivity when they pop up 😉. C'mon little seeds!!

2x DGTH, 2x GC, 1x Nirvana Aurora Indica...

touched local well-water at 10:20am EST in the Green Mountains for some of that 802-juju ... (its 4:20 somewhere...)

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	1.52 MB
ID:	235078
          What is VPD?
          diygrowdata.com

Completed:

Current Setup:
          • Scrog Tent: HydroFarm Phantom cMH reflector & ballast - Phillips MasterColor 3100/4200k
          • #diyrdwc

Comment

Wishing a good grow to you and your seeds

looking forward to the knowledge bombs you will be dropping 😁

Comment

Are we missing anyone or has the gwedarkharvestgrowchallenge ship sailed???
              What is VPD?
              diygrowdata.com

Completed:

Current Setup:
              • #diyrdwc

Comment

Just soaked the seeds since 12 am-ish central time. Got my plugs soaked and prepped and the neccessary tools.

Name:	20180811_112830.jpg
Views:	504
Size:	904.6 KB
ID:	235138Click image for larger version

Name:	20180811_113327.jpg
Views:	525
Size:	944.9 KB
ID:	235139
                Gorilla Cookies ☝️ Dark Ghost Train ☝️

Name:	20180811_112405.jpg
Views:	492
Size:	1.84 MB
ID:	235137Click image for larger version

Name:	20180811_114733.jpg
Views:	517
Size:	1.42 MB
ID:	235141

Name:	20180811_115334.jpg
Views:	512
Size:	1.57 MB
ID:	235142
                sitting on the exhaust to the flower room with a seed mat. 125 watt CFL above in the ready. Will spray with un pH'd water daily, or more, when I see roots I may separate and spray the DWC with a rhizotonic spray and the rest with a very diluted alfalfa meal spray. Or just spray them all with the alfalfa meal.
                Attached Files

Comment

forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/226975-dark-harvest-grow-challenge-trichomefarmer88

MY SEEDS HAVE SUNK!!!!! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Californiakid View Post
                    The condensed version :

1) 2 Dark Ghost Train, 1 Gorilla Cookies

2) My room is a room in a garage. 4'x4'x8'

3) Currently I'm running Kind led bars 3-3' for a total of 106w. If things go as planned, I will be running a 600w hid for the whole grow with led supplement during flower. Seedlings and veg will likely be mh, flower will be hps.

4) 1dgt and 1gc will be in roots organic over kind soil.
                    1dgt coco &perlite

5) 5gal fabric pots (possibly switching to 7gal) I plant seeds directly in final pots.

6) Kind soil has it all. I still feed the microbes teas.
                    Nutrients for coco, to be determined.

7) My experience ?...I've been around gardening my whole life. I've grown cannabis a few times under the sun. And a few more under lights. But growing cannabis is in my blood. My family has been for generations.

I grow with the intention of growing the cleanest, most potent bud I can get. I'm in constant pursuit of safer more natural ways to improve my grow.

I grow for all around remedy. Which I know every bit of what went into it.

Originally this challenge was going to see what my 106w would produce compared to everyone else's big setups. Now this is a challenge to take my grow to the next level.

Thanks for organizing this, I love a challenge !
                    #3) *600w hps with kind led supplement during flower
                    seedlings will be under cfl--no mh.

#4)*no coco this run 😐not enough time for proper attention, no funds to set up automation and nutes.😣
                    so keeping a comparison going, one dgt will be in final pot, one will go to quart then final. Comparing the rate of growth.
                    "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X