Mutant girl double top

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mutant girl double top

Well hello all, finally decided to make my first post. Let me first say what a wonderful forum for both shared information and what appears to be a great deal of helpful comradery amongst the members. So while I'm taking a break from shoveling snow off my deck(another 27" a few days ago), let me ask my first question. I've search both here and on the wider internet and can find no references to a "double top" naturally sprouting on a plant, which I have. 2 distinct tops, not what I've seen considered as foxtailing. This is a bag seed plant (seed is from clones, could be 15 years old or a year), has tiny fan leaves about the size of a 2 year olds hand..actually the reason I selected it as a seedling-it looked different.
    Been a slow grower, end of wk10, flipped at end of wk 5 and 15" tall. I topped it a few times,stems stiffen up right behind the growth tips so I gave up trying LST her.
    I'm attempting to clone it, but was a late decision so chances are slim I'll have any luck, it will look strange if I do. I have a taller far more aggressive grower(25") I'm also trying to clone, thought it would be a good candidate for outdoors, somewhere in a clearing in the woods.
    Anyhow, happy to be here: 400W MH and 400W HPS, MOO Mix for soil. no special nutes, a little fertilizer and well water. Have huge temperature swings in my house, heat with wood. So temps in my little closet grow area probably dip down to 60 (or lower) at night. It is what it is. I actually just ordered some nutes, so may end up using the flowering stuff, we'll see.
    Certainly not striving for greatness with this grow(g), was a spur of the moment idea to pass the winter months(I had the lights from years ago).
    Thanks for any comments, enjoy your day. (decided to do a test run prior to legal growing starting July here in VT(ha))
    A couple of pics of the mutant girl and her unrelated sister. They are night and day! Again, end of wk 10 today.
    "That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

It’s called polypoidism or something like that. Google it like that

Comment

• GreenState
      GreenState commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks 9fingerleaf. I did find that info in my searching and pictures of some mutations.
      Guess I was surprised I found no picture of the abnormality I have. Apparently polyploidism
      can present itself in many different unusual ways. I'll be curious to see how the "double top"
      matures as compared to the other tops.
      Thanks again.

Week later update. Actually figured out due to the short month of February, just finished week 5 of flowering (5 week veg).
    Got some nutes in the mail today so gave them a shot of Botanicare Bloom soil formula. The mutant polyploid is going to have large dense top buds for sure.
    Down in the single digits tonight and the next few nights, about 3ft+ of snow on the ground!
    "That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

Comment

Girls appear to be appreciating the new nutes. Looking like an Easter bouquet!

Comment

• Chefbjy
        Chefbjy commented
        Editing a comment
        They sure did fatten up didn't they... 😃 looking good.

Thanks Chefbjy, nothing like the results you and others get! The little mutant girl is starting to turn pretty quickly, quite a few hairs have changed color and turned.
      Had hoped she would be productive for a bit longer, not quite 6 full weeks of flower. But I guess being a genetic mutant from bag seed it's difficult to draw any comparisons to other maturing plants. Here's a couple of close ups, not sure how well they'll post. This sight does seem to have great magnifying features, so I'll give it a try. May have to take a few more in natural light later on. Please let me know if you can see any indications of where I'm at, I'm figuring, hoping a few weeks out yet. Her sister has only just started to throw a few orange hairs.
      TIA

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Good Morning GreenState, nice job with your plants, they will even get larger, an stickier , in the next week or two, looks like that's about how much longer your gonna have to wait, till they are ready to harvest about 2-3weeks, but it will be worth the wait.
        Nice looking nugs.GreenState.

• GreenState
        GreenState commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks guys (or gals) I do appreciate the input. I'm in no hurry what so ever, the longer they go the better. I foresee a period of mourning when the time comes to cut them down!(g).As I'm sure I'm not alone, I'm finding I enjoy the growing as much as the smok'in. A gardener at heart. Being a newbie,I'll be approaching things with a much better plan the next go-around, which unfortunately won't be until next January after the holidays. Between the holidays(I go away) and company her in the summer my window of indoor opportunity is really between Jan and end of May.
        And outdoors is basically 4 months, first week of June and last week of Sept, and you still never can be sure you won't get hit with frost.
        Anyhow, again thanks and I can't say how much I enjoy this forum! Shade tree grower like me on one hand to a fella building a computer, writing software to grow, unreal, wow.
        (I keep thinking of the movie "the day of the triffids"...I know, I'm old(ha)
        Enjoy your day all..

they will fatten up during the last two weeks so they do have a ways to go but really looking good
      new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
      current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Hey Green state, right ,great hobby, super fun growing, plus you have done a great job ,with your plants,
        I love autoflowers myself.
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

Anyone have an opinion on the trichs? TIA
          Attempted a couple of close ups using a magnifying glass and phone, we'll see how they post and if anything can be accessed from them. Still flowering underneath and down below.
          TIA

Comment

• Canuck147
            Canuck147 commented
            Editing a comment
            Looks real good! Trichomes are changing color at the same time, that's good. As opposed to having Amber, cloudy and clear at once. I'd say they are getting cloudy.

Thanks for the input Canuck, greatly appreciated. I'll continue to keep an eye on them. About all I can tell is I'm not seeing any amber yet, I'll try my camera on the close up setting the next time I check and see if I can't get more definition.
          Again, thanks!

Comment

• BlueBudz
            BlueBudz commented
            Editing a comment
            Welcome to the forum GreenState. Looking good, could you post a current pic of that double cola? Very cool, I hope I get a plant that does this!

Here you are Bluebudz. 2 buds with chromosomal abnormalities (g) So we're at the end of week 7 flowering, 12 weeks in total. I actually gave the plants a feeding of veg stage nutes yesterday thinking they needed a dose of nitrogen for a bit of increased vigor. They did seem to like it, a little perkier today.
          Happy Easter all and thanks for the welcome.
          Hoping maybe the trichs can be magnified in the last, darker pic
          Last edited by GreenState; 04-01-2018, 10:23 AM.

Comment

So I managed finally to get a couple of clones off my more aggressive plant. The cuttings which rooted were take between wk5-wk6 of flowering, only about 2 1/2" in length when stuck in the soil. If the deer,moose, bear don't get'em we'll see how they do up in the field. Have 2 rooted, one of which just started sprouting some new growth.

Comment

Little less than 2 weeks from last pics of trichs. Hoping these may post OK (could be to bright) to get any opinions offered.
              Still getting plenty of growth, new hairs covering old.
              Magnifying glass and iphone, we'll see, may just have to delete the post if they're blurry. hey seem to show up better on this site than using "paint" to view them. Only end of wk 8 flowering. Unknown strain

Comment

Don't mind me, just trying to view the trichs using this sites magnifying features. I think we're pretty well cloudy, not sure on amber. (I can see winter dust bunnies!)
                Last edited by GreenState; 04-13-2018, 07:23 AM.

Comment

A little on the stump trimming of waste and down she comes. This was the stunted mutant, double bud, double leaves, 4 buds on certain nodes, double the chromosomes
                  When compared to my other plant, it looks like it has double the trichs as well(g), really frosted up..We'll see. One left growing, that one isn't slowing down yet and will have much better yield. But this oddball one was fun to watch grow.
                  PS: not the an amatuer should be giving tips...I was wondering how to easily hang the buds on the stems. Solution for me, # 8 Eagle Claw fish hooks with the leader.
                  Hook through the stem and hang'em with the loop on the leader. Plus, today is the opening day of fishing season, can be reused later(lol)
                  Last edited by GreenState; 04-14-2018, 10:38 AM.

Comment

That should work-I just put my stalks on hangers and put them in my closet with a fan.
                    WHAT???
                    5x5 grow space
                    900w of Vero's and F-strips
                    4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

• RagWeedDWC
                      RagWeedDWC commented
                      Editing a comment
                      My rods are hanging below the ceiling, I hang my stems on the line between the reel and the first guide. Works perfectly

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X