Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calling for volunteers for a leaf-cooking and consuming experiment.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DingusKhan
    commented on 's reply
    I'm waiting for someone to go with a big ass Cobb Salad and go viral. I don't have anything that big right now.

• Madman960
    commented on 's reply
    The numbness is always there. I typically walk with my left knee locked out. Even tho my knee was locked out, it was hard to move around. Just felt like it might give out. Just more profound than normal.

• RosettaStoned
    commented on 's reply
    Not too personal, actually low to medium strength pain killers really do nothing either. I've never had the really strong stuff. And I total believe that I can't process it the same. That's how food is some peopme, just can't have certain things for whatever reason.

And yes, I can still smoke the hell out of it!

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Was the numbness good or bad? Did it go away?

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Wow. dingus, you are quite the gourmand!

I ate a small amt. this morning--n an empty stomach. Maybe more leaves wereneeded with all that food.

• Madman960
    replied
    Very relaxed. Didn't want to get up off the couch. When I did get up, I noticed the numbness in my left leg was more profound.

Madman

Leave a comment:

• Campesino
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah, me too. That's 3 for 3. I am not sure who else said it doesn't affect them, but we are on to something.

• DingusKhan
    replied
    We're all going to be so regular!

Yesterday, I donned the green head lamp and picked 11 grams of leaves, about a small side salad's worth. I snipped them with scissors and tossed in about 1/4 cup of water and 1tbsp of bacon grease. I simmered it for about 1/2 hour. I tried to make it look like my mother in law's collard greans. It needed some salt and lemon pepper. Out of fear of incapacitation, I only ate about half of it, but it was after breakfast.

A few hours later, I thought I could feel a light tingling body high, and general uplift in my mood, but not stoned AF.

When the tent lights came back on I did the 3 week defol that I planned on, cut some clones and made another small pile of leaves which sat out overnight. This morning, they were dry and wilted as you would expect a little pile of clipping.

Since I have it, and I'm trying it on everything with the zeal of a new convert, I decarbed the leaves in the Nova, and sauteed them in the greasy pan that I fried pork chops in for breakfast, deglazing the pan with lime juice, olive oil, and more lemon pepper, and ate that with scrambled eggs and the aforementioned pork chops.

It had the texture of Japanese seaweed poke salad with a completely different nutty flavor, that was a complete surprise that settled into something pleasant, especially with the cheesy scrambled eggs. I'm trying to learn to make what I call the Japanese Splurt Omelet (help with the name, please??) that looks like an alien pod that you slice it open on top, it blows open like a giant zit.

Maybe I will use a little less tart on the acid for deglaze, next time.

And there will definitely be a next time, only with more leaves, and maybe some trim. Again, I have a nice, background euphoria with a mild body buzz on the top of my head and across my shoulders. Not exactly relaxing, but tingly.

Leave a comment:

• DingusKhan
    commented on 's reply
    I'm sorry if this is too personal, but do you respond differently than other people to other medications? Like does a vicodin after a dental procedure totally wipe you out when other people are functional and go to work? Or other medications? People's livers are different from each other. Some are better at metabolizing some things better than others.

Your liver may be unable to perform the reaction on THC that makes the edible high so different. Kinda like some people can't taste umami or smell the difference between basil, mint, or oregano. Like the reason why asians get really red and stupid when they get drunk, and black people are prone to sickle cell anemia. It's a biological difference.

Bummer, man. But you still have many other receptors to enjoy cannabinoids with! Or, you haven't found the right recipe for this method.

• RosettaStoned
    commented on 's reply
    Me as well, I eat whatever whenever

• Californiakid
    commented on 's reply
    ATU I have an extremely fast metabolism. I wonder if that has something to do with it? I

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Yes!!! It's amazing how many different combos or forms of ingesting there are, and the differences in the effects.

• Californiakid
    replied
    I do like combining multiple methods of consumption. Like smoke, eat, and or tincture. Seems like each way gives a different feel when I put them together (when I can) I get most effect. Otherwise each on their own wouldn't be as effective, even at much higher dose. Accept for smoking.

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    replied
    RosettaStoned Californiakid Interesting to note: both of y'all have said that you just don't get high from edibles. This definitely deserves research.

Others say:

I hear some people have a natural high tolerance to edibles and that it can take 3-4 times the dose to feel the same thing.

Some people aren't affected by edibles because of the way the body breaks down the THC. Because you ingest it, it's broken down in a different way than smoking it. To put it simply, edibles depend on your digestive system. Your body just might not break down the THC like most do. It's common, so sorry bud, but if it doesn't affect you, stick to smoking.

Etc, etc. It seems that there are a lot of people who don't get high from edibles.
    Last edited by alltatup; 01-21-2018, 03:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    THANK GOODNESS that some of y'all are experiencing what I've experienced. I am delighted to hear it, Cronk!!!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X