First auto grow - Cheese XXL and Moby Dick XXL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First auto grow - Cheese XXL and Moby Dick XXL

I decided to get some seeds underway for the new auto/veg tent. Cheese XXL Auto and Moby Dick XXL Auto - both from Dinafem. They are both 80-day flowers, so I've got a ways to go for these, but they have great reviews, so I'm willing to invest the time. Wish me luck!

All the Best to you. And keep on rolling !

Comment

Good luck Gdog ,I wouldn't leave that dome on to long though, once my seeds pop out of the root riots I take it off
      new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
      current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• gdogfunkly
        gdogfunkly commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks! I plan on planting tomorrow once my LED arrives. Would have been here today, but fedex left a door tag instead since I wasn't home. Yet, the last time they left it...go figure. Oh well, almost have the tent prepped and ready to go!

Day 2: up up and away! Not sure what's up with the yellow cotyledons, but they should turn green soon. As soon as the led arrives tomorrow, in the tent she goes!

Comment

Day 3: Roots were coming out of the jiffy pellet and the LED arrived, so I put them in a 7 gallon fabric pot with 1/3 happy frog soil, 1/3 coco and 1/3 perlite. I inoculated the soil with 30ml URB when I mixed the soil last night. I did not water when planting since the soil was very moist. LED is hanging at 38" above the plants with VEG mode only.

Comment

Day 4: Getting used to the new soil and LED and I expect a little slower growth for the next few days. I've never grown with coco in the soil, so while the surface is drying, I believe the soil beneath is moist enough for now. I over-watered my first photos and don't want to make the same mistake with the autos. I'll keep an eye on things.

Comment

Day 5: Sprayed twice today with cal-mag foliar spray to wet the soil near the plant. They appear to be liking the LED light. I'll kick on the boost light in about a week and then the bloom light after 3-4 weeks of growth.

Comment

Day 6: Sprayed with URB foliar in the morning and Cal-mag in the evening. Not wuite ready for a nute feeding. Maybe later in the week I will give a dose of water. I'm contemplating MammothP for the entire grow on this auto. Still on the fence on the nute regimen yet.

Comment

Day 7: Sprayed URB this morning to soak the top of the soil and cal-mag this evening. Slow going, but I know they are growing roots right now.

Comment

Are you only spraying them and letting that water run off into the soil? That's the only water? How much would you say that is?
                  complete beginner
                  39" x 39" x 78" tent
                  315 Watt CMH
                  4" Phat Filter w/ 4" Hurricane duct fan
                  Automatic top feed into coco.
                  Mega Crop nutes

Comment

• gdogfunkly
                    gdogfunkly commented
                    Editing a comment
                    No, I mixed up foliar sprays in separate bottles for URB and for cal-mag plus. i use RO water and adjusted the ph after adding to the their spray bottles. I basically just sprayed the surface until it was damp/wet. It dries after a few hours. Initially, I mixed up the coco/soil/perlite mix and using a gallon of 30ml of URB per 7 gallon pot and there was a bit of runoff. When I planted the seedling, it was still moist. So I'm basically using the sprays to make sure I don't over water.

Day 8: fed nute week 1 and added mammothp to the mix. First real leaf set is forming. I may lower the light tomorrow and see how they respond.

Comment

Day 9: added more dirt to support the stems and sprayed with URB foliar. Then wetted them again with cal-mag this evening. Also switched oscilating fans from the other tent since the new fan has more power and the scrog needs it. I raised the fan up on a box so the plants are getting air flow and lowered the light to 24".

Comment

Day 10: Had to turn up the inline fan speed and open a flap a little to get more airflow in the tent. Humidity was way too high, but is back to normal now. URB foliar in the morning and letting them do their thing.

Comment

Day 11: URB foliar in the morning and cal-mag foliar in the evening. Slow goings, but that's typical at this age from my previous experience. I turned on the XML boost light as well to try and get things going a bit faster.

Comment

Day 12: fed week 1 nutes again since they were pretty dry. They seem to be coming along now. I'm hoping this mammoth p stuff just makes some monster difference along the way.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                            D.A.A.S.69 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Hello Gdog, your little ones look nice. Yeah, they will slow a little, on top, but those roots are going down, an soon they will jump up top.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                        X