No announcement yet.

First auto grow - Cheese XXL and Moby Dick XXL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 13: URB foliar in the morning and cal-mag foliar this evening. So far so good and they seem to be healthy. I am considering adding molasses next time, but might wait until a few more weeks of growth. I think I'll kick on the bloom switch at about 3-3.5 weeks.

Comment

Day 14: URB foliar in the morning and cal-mag foliar this evening. The coco really seems to be holding moisture in the soil. I will likely feed again tomorrow.

Comment

Day 15: Fed week 1 nutes again lightly between the autos and clones (URB, Cal-Mag, MammothP). Clones are finally starting to grow new leaf and look green again. Cal-mag foliar tonight.

Comment

I love the purple hairs in your avatar and I'm excited about this grow.
          Are you feeding them mostly through foliar? have you done this before?
          complete beginner
          39" x 39" x 78" tent
          315 Watt CMH
          4" Phat Filter w/ 4" Hurricane duct fan
          Automatic top feed into coco.
          Mega Crop nutes

Comment

Cronk, I have been foliar feeding twice a day and have only watered them in a small circle around their perimeter about every 3-4 days. This is my first auto grow and first time using coco in the soil, so it seems I have to water less since the coco holds moisture. I've got a scrog grow in another thread that is my first indoor grow.

The photo from my avatar is uploaded below. It was actually from my outdoor bagseed grow last summer from a collection of seeds I've had for nearly 20 years. This was before I was educated on nutrients and proper everything. I grew in a black 5-gal bucket with holes drilled in it and watered it with well water and only 2-3 times did I mix in some fish waste from my aquarium. Other than that, no feeding and the other plants all had white pistils. I wish I knew what it was and I wish it had a seed or two. I'd never seen purple pistils before and, honestly, it's the best tasting stuff I've ever grown. Has an awesome fuel/diesel smell and flavor. Everyone immediately looks at me like wtf is this?! I only have a little bit left now...oh well, on to bigger and better varieties!

Comment

Day 16: URB foliar in the morning and cal-mag foliar this evening.

Comment

Day 17: URB foliar in the morning and cal-mag foliar this evening

Comment

• Cronk
                  Cronk commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Canuck147, how to avoid burning them, super light and fine spray? special sprayer? mine spits out large drops with the fine mist

• gdogfunkly
                  gdogfunkly commented
                  Editing a comment
                  My LED was 24" above the plants and I foliar sprayed every day twice a day and had minimal burn holes in the leaves. My canopy was kept even and I had zero issues. I do know that lights on is the best time, but I'm not getting up at 6am to spray the plants

• Canuck147
                  Canuck147 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I would say mist as best yo can.

Day 18: URB foliar and fed the rest of week 1 nutes I had mixed up. Things look just fine and growth continues to accelerate.

Comment

Day 19: Urb foliar this morning and cal-mag foliar this evening. I'm think I'm going to try topping the autos and see what happens. If I stunt them, I'll just start another seed! Growth is underway and I think I'll need to feed tomorrow, which will be a good time to top.

Comment

Day 20: I decided to top Cheese XXL. I used fiskars pruners, but I think I ended up fimming. Oh well, let's see what happens! Fed Urb, Cal-mag, Mammoth P today in a small dose. She's looking very healthy and that's why I took the chance to top her.

Comment

Day 21: Cheese XXL is responding well to the topping and doesn't seem to be slowing down at all. Looking good! URB foliar this morning and Cal-mag foliar this evening. Moby Dick XXL's second set of leaves has the tips kind of pointing downward. There's no marks of deficiencies or other color or curling issues, just the ends of those two leaves. Maybe it's the strain? I've been careful with watering and haven't given too much. The moisture meter shows plenty of moisture deeper down in the pot and relatively moist a few inches down. I'll keep an eye on her and see. Maybe I need to water more than I think?

Comment

• gdogfunkly
                        gdogfunkly commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Canuck147 LOL watering every hour, eh? That cracked me up. I think you're wrong. Just like you were wrong about telling me I needed to transplant my first grow from the solo cup after 2 days of sprouting. I heeded your advice and it was WAY too early and I stunted growth for a week. (thanks for that) In this case, I compared the photo from the day before and while those two leaves tips are pointing down, there was tremendous growth in one day. There is zero indication of too much foliar feeding and the 4 other plants in the tent (3 clones) show zero issues, as well. I'm going to say it's the strain and not from watering 'every hour' as you suggest. Thanks for commenting, though!
                        Last edited by gdogfunkly; 02-08-2018, 08:24 PM.

Day 22: Growing strong! Cheese keeps getting bigger and bigger every day. Rubbed the stalk and had a nice foul smell! Moby Dick is a bit slower than Cheese, but she's still growing more and more every day. I'll begin with veg nutes tomorrow for week 2 nutes.

Comment

Day 23: Cheese is getting huge compared to Moby Dick. I fed week 2 nutes this week (my chart week 2) with the first small dose of veg nutes and some molasses. Topping has not slowed her down one bit. Moby's new node growth looked healthy, so I decided to top her. I don't see her getting the vigorous growth of Cheese, but let's see how she responds.

Comment

Day 24: Cheese is getting so big, I had to bend her over to keep her low. I have a feeling she's going to me a monster! Moby Dick is responding well from the topping and feeding. Hopefully, she gives a big burst and starts to catch up to Cheese!

Comment

Day 25: Cheese is really responding well to the topping and LST. Urb foliar in the morning, cal-mag foliar in the evening. MD is moving right along and seems to be handling the topping pretty well. I have to keep reminding myself that she's a day younger than Cheese, so I can't expect her to be growing the same as Cheese.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                            X