Bud Wash??? WHAT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bud Wash??? WHAT?

Okay, I stumbled across a video about a guy washing his freshly trimmed buds in a pail of water with lemon juice and baking powder.
    I wanted to agree with some of the logic behind this, but seriously...WHY? And how many people actually do this?
    Current Grow #16: White Widow Germinated Jan 2019
    10x10 Laboratory
    FloraNova in Recirculating Hydro
    T5HO White/Blue for Veg - 600 HPS + T5HO Red for flower

I've seen that video too. It made me cringe lol, but if that guy has success with it, more power to him. I won't be doing that though lol
    ​​
    Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

There are a million posts about this. Much with large success. I dont know if I would do it but there is logic behind it.
      ~UrbZ~ Grow Big or Go Home!
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-torpedo-seeds

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/185330-urbz-second-grow-journal-3-strain-grow

Comment

ive only heard of H2O2 washing to eradicate mold, must be a cheap ass way to do the same. the logic is when you have powdery mildew and you submerge the buds all the fungi stays on the surface of the water, move for 5 seconds, then you scoop away all that shit to the side so it doesnt stick right back, take the bud out and rinse it with fresh RO water and let dry as usual, its a 10 second process not very different to a moderate rain from the plants perspective

here is cannabis leyend jorge cervantes explaining it, check out all that nasty stuff left in the water, better to rinse that shit than smoking it https://youtu.be/S7jE7qzfgQs

Comment

I've rinsed/dunked outdoor plants in cold water to remove residue from bugs/bird crap/whatever. It does no harm to the colas and I didn't have any evidence of trics in the wash water. I don't do this on my indoor grows because there aren't any funky things that can get to them.
          WHAT???
          5x5 grow space
          900w of Vero's and F-strips
          4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
            D.A.A.S.69 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, I do like gbauto, wash off my outdoors grown bud, but rarely indoor,

I take a 5gal. Bucket and fill with water.
          and dunk my outside grow to wash off unwanted pollen and dirt that has stuck to my buds during the grow.
          u might b surprised at what washes off. I’ve been doing this for years it doesn’t hurt the buds at all! Lol

Comment

Usually it's washed due to powdery mold or bug infested, or last year with the fires. They use different washes for specific purpose. If you got infested during flower where due the bugs poop? It's not ideal does not mean it won't work

Comment

• Jibblerjoe
              Jibblerjoe commented
              Editing a comment
              I grew next to farmers field 1 time. Just too much dust. Check YouTube for video

What’s the purpose of it? I have been curious about blanching to remove the taste for edibles, but haven’t met anyone with first hand efforts and experience...btw if you’ve tried please pm me!!

Comment

Cats have a tendency to rub on plants. I don't think any amount of wash is going to remove that hair. Just a slow process of hand picking it off. Who wants to light up a joint containing cat hair? I think a nice green thing to do for a regular wash is to leave the plants out in a moderate rain, but GWE has warned us against that. "Cover plants when it rains, and otherwise shake them off when they're wet. Bud rot is a fungus, and like all fungi, it needs a wet place to germinate."

Comment

• starramus
                starramus commented
                Editing a comment
                I move my potted plants into the barn when rain is forecast.

Ok so I just completed an experiment to see what percent trichomes are removed when washing buds to remove dust and mildew - a lot. Based on my experiment - I started w two 40g sample of OG kush - one had been gently washed, the other not. The wash was the three 5 gal bucket approach 1st one containing room temp water and a few grams of baking soda to bring pH above 8, the second bucket had a half a squeezed lemon and 6oz of 3% hydrogen peroxide and the last bucket simply contained RO water. The buds were dipped into each solution two or three times and then gently agitated to remove excess water. I then did a bubble water extraction of both. From what I got back I’d say one loses 2/3s of the trichomes by washing the buds.
              So yes, one removes dust and mixes but one also loses a lot of trichomes. Worth it? Hard to say.
              Next time I do experiment i would completely try buds and do a dry-ice extraction for more accurate results.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X