UrbZ First Grow Journal - 3 Fem. Torpedo seeds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UrbZ First Grow Journal - 3 Fem. Torpedo seeds

Day one: Seeds soaking in a solution of 2 ML Maxi Crop seaweed extract per 1 cup of water. Ph'ed at 5.9 Resting peacefully on a seedling mat at 71° in my cupboard.
    ~UrbZ~
    Grow Big or Go Home!

Im in for the run. Good luck Urbz.

Comment

Day Two: Seeds soaked in solution for 12 hrs all 3 seeds sunk to bottom. 2 of the 3 seeds already cracked. Transfered into damp paper towel at 6.1 and plate clamshell and placed on the seedling mat.
      Last edited by UrbZ; 11-23-2017, 07:41 PM.
      ~UrbZ~
      Grow Big or Go Home!

Comment

Day Three: 3/3 Seeds sprouted (100% germ. rate with the above method on 1st go.)

Method in which I prepared my 16 oz solo cups - I cut 3 large holes on the bottom for drainage. Then I made 3 large holes on the sides about 1/4 inch up from the bottom edge. I will be bottom feeding my seedlings on this grow, learning different methods. Reason for the extra side holes.

I filled the cup about an inch below full with my soil mixture. Contains coco, perlite and peat. PH of 7 on the soil. I then added the sprouted seed directly in the center. Once the seed was in place I lightly dusted the entire surface of the soil (Including seed) with an 1/8th of a teaspoon of Element XX root enhancer. I then misted the surface with my sprout mix. For the mix I used .25 ML Clonex, .25 ML Seaweed and .25 ML of Vitamin B1 to 1 cup of water. PH'ed at 5.9. Then I filled the rest of the cup to about a 1/4 inch below full. Repeated the misting about 8 sprays until soil was moist and lightly compacted.

Finall I placed a smaller 9 oz opaque cup over top of the moist soil with one hole dead center for fresh air. And under the lights they went setting near the humidifier. Under light temp is 83°F and 65 % RH. From here on out the girls will only be misted and bottom fed with 6.0 Plain water.

Tent and enviroment they will be grown in as follows.

4x4x80 tent.
        Humidity and Temp controlled.
        2 Oscillating fans.
        Humidifier (RH constant around 63-66)
        Heater for at night. (Super cold basement)
        1 6 inch exaust fan (cools room as well is programmed to temp contoller on cool function.)
        Room temp at a constant 75-77° F
        1 4 inch intake fan (Brings in fresh air and humidity from custom humidity box) both humidifier and 4 inch hooked to humidity contoller on the humidify function.)
        1 X6 1800 Watt COB LED
        Last edited by UrbZ; 11-26-2017, 08:11 AM.
        ~UrbZ~
        Grow Big or Go Home!

Comment

• Dutchman1
          Dutchman1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Did you make the light UrbZ ?

• UrbZ
          UrbZ commented
          Editing a comment
          No I purchased it from Ebay.

Day Four: 3 Out of 3 seedlings broke surface of soil. Only 72 hours after inatial seed soak. Will continue to mist and leave top cup on for next 2 days.
        ~UrbZ~
        Grow Big or Go Home!

Comment

Hey Urbz they are looking good ,I love it when they pop out with there little heads,When my girls pop I take off the dome they switch from liking humidity to not ,good luck
          new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
          current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Originally posted by oldjarhead100 View Post
            Hey Urbz they are looking good ,I love it when they pop out with there little heads,When my girls pop I take off the dome they switch from liking humidity to not ,good luck
            I'm trying to avoid ir/uv burn on them. Still be okay to remove them?
            ~UrbZ~
            Grow Big or Go Home!

Comment

Link to a vid of my current set up. Still a couple minor adjustments to make.

Watch "New Grow Set Up." on YouTube
              https://youtu.be/V5em8CIH3Aw
              Last edited by UrbZ; 11-27-2017, 03:50 AM.
              ~UrbZ~
              Grow Big or Go Home!

Comment

Day 5: Misted once early in the morning. 9 pm watered with 4 ml of water with a syringe right at root zone. Seedlings have all reached 1 to 1.5 inches in height.
                ~UrbZ~
                Grow Big or Go Home!

Comment

Like your set up Urbz I used a room like that for years still do but now its a veg room and a Auto room, I had to build a new bloom room . I put my Photo seedlings under t5s , and my Autos under 300 w leds I haven't seen ant sign of light burn, I don't know about that 1800w led thats pretty powerful
                  new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
                  current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• UrbZ
                    UrbZ commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yeah the specs on the light say comparable to 1200 watts of HPS MH Max coverage is 5 x 5 ft I figure it'll be perfect in a 4 by 4 just have to be a little higher above the plants. Thanks for the compliment really trying to get everything automated I work two jobs as of right now probably 75 to 95 hours a week so I don't get too much extra time at home

Day 6: Used same watering method as day 5.

Day 7: Misted once in the morning. 1 pm gave them their first real watering. 1/2 cup plain 6.0 water. 2 seedlings have reached about 2 inches tall. The 3rd is a little behind the curve. Stem is also kind of growing like a corkscrew prolly why its shorter.
                  ~UrbZ~
                  Grow Big or Go Home!

Comment

• UrbZ
                    UrbZ commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Still having the most issues figuring out this watering thing especially in the early stage of life. Nothing online seems to talk about sprouts watering specifically. Should i just give it the first full watering as soon as i see it breakthrough the soil surface and water normally from there?

• Mr.furley
                    Mr.furley commented
                    Editing a comment
                    UrbZ, love the name.
                    Some really good advice here from Canuck and Dutchman. The seedling and young plant advice online I do agree with you is hard to come by, but not to toot too many horns or advertise here, but Nebula and sirius have you covered with a short articles off GWE.com
                    http://www.growweedeasy.com/seedling-problems
                    About the subject.
                    It is truly one of the hardest times in the life of cannabis and the caretaker. the transition from seedling to veg
                    Some of the best advice that I hear from Growers like the ones above are tablespoons and/up to 20ml around the plants base, enough to water but not drowning it. Once the plants foilage reaches the outside of the pot saturation/runoff/ complete dry out is recommended depending on medium. By this time you're moving the plant into its next or final pot and the watering amounts will increase ever so slightly and will need to accelerate, in the same fashion to full pot saturation or run off depending on your medium. It is logically a two-week process that could be over thought real easy but is of the most importance.

• UrbZ
                    UrbZ commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thank you for your input Mr. Furley any help and guidance at this point is welcomed with open arms.

Thants exactly what ive been somewhat trying to do. Mist the top of the soil till damp the first couple days. Then go up to like 10-15 ml at rootball once its an inch tall or so did that a few days. then went up to measuring cup amounts. Now Im going to wait till the new 1 gallons are completely dry and give them a full saturation.

Funny story with the name. It originally had nothing to do with Herb. My gamer tag online was always UrbanLegendZ, anytime I was told to put in a 4 letter nickname I always put UrbZ for the shortened version. It worked out well I suppose, the nickname transitioned through two stages of my life and oddly enough correlated well with both.

Thank you again for the input sir.

Morning UrbZ, growing nicely, getting kinda tall, you still using that dome ?
                  Cfls- for seedlings
                  Led 300watt for veg.
                  315lec for everything
                  Coco
                  36x36x63 inch tent.
                  6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
                  Smart pots
                  Advanced Nutrients
                  Autoflowers

Comment

Originally posted by D.A.A.S.69 View Post
                    Morning UrbZ, growing nicely, getting kinda tall, you still using that dome ?
                    No I took off the dome just as OldJarHead suggested right after sprouting.
                    I thought they had a little stretch. They are about 24-26 inches under a 1000 watt led.
                    ~UrbZ~
                    Grow Big or Go Home!

Comment

• UrbZ
                      UrbZ commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yeah its all a matter of small movements to get it right. thinking going down another inch today. Its been that height since they sprouted. they have no ill effects so i figure a little cliser wont hurt.

• UrbZ
                      UrbZ commented
                      Editing a comment
                      They're hovering around 20 inches or so (they were just under 22) above the little sprouts. roughly 1.5 inch drop. Just to keep an eye on them now. Its all about finding the middle ground for me right now. My pie was the opposite as a seedling. Too close of light. Didnt burn it but theres no spacing between nodes, stacked on top of each other. The pie got topped on its fifth node and now the tops have their second nodes themselves and the plant isnt even 8 inches tall. 🤣

• UrbZ
                      UrbZ commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The stretched seems to have stopped at this new level. The second set of leaves is already coming out but the plant overall only grew about a 1/4 inch.

https://youtu.be/X7Y3n_ayCuA

I will be uploading a video journal of sorts on the plants growth as well. Links will be uploading with all future journal updates.
                    ~UrbZ~
                    Grow Big or Go Home!

Comment

Days 7 -12) Watered twice with with 6.0 ph water and 1 ml seaweed extract per cup. Showed decent growth. 3rd nodes already showing day 12.

Day 13) Checked roots had enough root system to constitute transplant. Prepped my 1 gallon pots with a premoistened mix of 50/50 local soil blend and perlite. (Having a few water retaining issues with the soil. So I went heavy with the perlite.) Covered entire area of new root surface and rootball with Element XX root enhancer.
                      ~UrbZ~
                      Grow Big or Go Home!

Comment

• Dutchman1
                        Dutchman1 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I have that fan, it might be to powerful for that close to the plants over time.

• UrbZ
                        UrbZ commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Lol. Yes it is very powerful. I actually have it tilted down all the way for that reason. They only wiggle a little bit. Plus enough flow deflects up over 7 gallons edge to get the pie to wiggle as well. Luckily for me my six inch intake blows right on the pie when its running its cycle. Great airflow..

Nice observation. Wind burn would have been imminent pointed right at them though.

• Dutchman1
                        Dutchman1 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I understand, makes sense.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X