No announcement yet.

Locrian99s 2nd grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really feeling unsure on how to defoliate these girls. I pulled one of the AIs out this morning to start doing some snipping and just kind of stared at it in fear of screwing it up lol. I did take a few side branches that were trying to grow out around the canopy that had no shot of making it, but the middle stuff I just wasn’t sure. What do you guys think, get snipping or not? Day 6 of flower for these, the side pic is before I removed the side branches. I’ve read through the tutorial about 30x and still just feel unsure, I think I’d feel better about it if I would’ve done a more aggressive one pre flip.
    48”x48”x80” flower/main tent
    600w mh/hps
    32”x32”x63” veg tent
    viparspectra PAR 450 led
    FFOF soil, Fox farms nutes, raw silica
    5 gallon Smart Pots
    Current grow Aurora Indica, Girl Scout Cookies, Wonder Woman (all Nirvana)
    Current grow progress: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/159795-locrian99s-2nd-grow

Comment

• Chefbjy
      Chefbjy commented
      Editing a comment
      You still have time to be aggressive. Third week into flower is when you want to be sure you have taken what you need off or leave what is needed on if that makes sense lol. Personally I would take off everything 8-12 inches above the soil. Or what looks like the light won't hit. Not sure on the height of your plant but the canopy looks great. Looking really good for first week of flower. Looks like transition happened fairly quickly. But go ahead and be aggressive now will help promote growth to the upper canopy. Plus it will get more leaves and stretch well into next week.

• Locrian99
      Locrian99 commented
      Editing a comment
      The top of the tomato cage is right around 14” above the soil, I know this strain doesn’t get tall at all. It’s the same strain in the manifold tutorial where she says it only was 2 feet, so I have left all bud sites on branches I kept, I suppose removing the leaves but leaving the bud sites would work just over doing it worries me. Seeing some pre flowers throughout already.

• Chefbjy
      Chefbjy commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice and short. I think if you're following the tutorial you will do great. I would still eliminate some of the lower canopy maybe 4-8 inches above soil. And if you're straying from the tutorial don't worry. It's your grow and you know how they will respond. Sometimes we just have to play the hand we're dealt.

Hey 99, they sure are pretty, but you can ask ,but everyone does things differently about defoliating,
    If they look good to you, that's what counts, I don't go crazy on mine, 1st, week a good defoliating, then again 2-3weeks later, a real good defoliating, And I clip off all the lower sh-t.
    But try how ever you want to, that's how you learn, if it's worth it, in the first place. You will know better next time, unless, you were stoned, the whole grow ,an wasn't paying attention, lol
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

Alright I decided to go heavier on one and a bit lighter on the other. The two pics not labeled are 2 after. I was stoned and forgot to take before pics of 1 but the ones earlier were 1. Guess I’ll just see how the react. They are getting week 2 flower nutes tonight going to give them a 1/2 dose of fox farms with cal mag and silica added. Shooting for ph between 6.3 and 6.5 the nutes will most likely land me in there with my well water, if it’s above or below I’ll adjust.
      600w mh/hps
      32”x32”x63” veg tent
      viparspectra PAR 450 led
      5 gallon Smart Pots
      Current grow progress: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/159795-locrian99s-2nd-grow

Comment

• Locrian99
        Locrian99 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yea i looked at all the fancy ones. In the end I bought the 2.99 jobs at the hardware store down the street and cut them to size. I did make sure to get the bigger ring size I think it’s 14” at the top.

• Campesino
        Campesino commented
        Editing a comment
        I am not convinced by that model in particular, but I appreciate that they start small and go higher. Depends on strain, but the Skywalker OG I'm growing needs support at about 28" above medium. If I put something in that tall early it would make training the ones in the back nearly impossible.
        On my new grow, I just need to be sure that whatever I do I have a plan to get them out of there because there will be 3-6 different harvests. I may stick with Bamboo... LOL

• Locrian99
        Locrian99 commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m curious to see how well they work on the taller strains in the big tent, I think they’ll be fine with the manifold, probably wouldn’t work great on the real talk Sativa may need bamboo still but I think being able to train the branches to the outside that you want etc would have its benefit.

Wife went to bed and I was wide awake thinking about how bushy the other tent was so I decided to get after those too. I the GSC 1 is for sure the all star so far, I’ve got big hopes for her. GSC 2 (the runt) I wish I had time to let her vege out a bit more. Wonder Woman 1 I removed all the leaves I felt like we’re affected by the heat stress, and I still feel like WW2 looks a little droopy.
      600w mh/hps
      32”x32”x63” veg tent
      viparspectra PAR 450 led
      5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

• Locrian99
        Locrian99 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thx ojh I did leave some as I was trying to not remove any bud sites and was having a hard time making sure I didn’t with those little ones. I’ll go through and take them off

• Tika
        Tika commented
        Editing a comment
        Lovely series😁😁 nice work!

• Locrian99
        Locrian99 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thx Tika

Moved my hygrometer around the tent some the last few days. As I suspected I had a pretty drastic change in temps, the back where the 2 Wonder Woman are was running 4-7 degrees warmer than the front of the tent. Kind of explains why I felt like the WW2 still looked droopy after I got the tent to cool off. There isn’t much more I can do with passive intakes, wish I had the room to move where the exhaust sucked from but no more room for ducting. I reposition my canopy fan to hopefully just move that air around better. Will see if that helps.
      600w mh/hps
      32”x32”x63” veg tent
      viparspectra PAR 450 led
      5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

• Campesino
        Campesino commented
        Editing a comment
        I use flexible ducting inside my tent that moves air from intake fans to where I want it.

• Locrian99
        Locrian99 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yea I have two intakes that have ducting and two with just an open port and a piece of fabric pot covering it. One with ducting is an active intake. I could get some more ducting a run it to that corner but I’m not sure how well it will work with length and 90s I’d have to put in for it to work well. Anyways I’ll see if just having the fan in that corner fixed the stagnation there.

• Campesino
        Campesino commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep, I ended up adding a second intake fan due to reduced flow.

Big tent was fed tonight (GSC, WW)week 2 flower FF at 3/4 strength, with cal mag and silica ph’d at 6.3. Everything seems good got the temp better by moving the fans. Today was day 9 of flower for the AI’s and day 6 for the GSC/WW. AI’s need to stop stretching. I’ve got about 4.5 inches of room left to raise the lights and keep 18”. Everything else looks good in there.
      600w mh/hps
      32”x32”x63” veg tent
      viparspectra PAR 450 led
      5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

• Chefbjy
        Chefbjy commented
        Editing a comment
        RosettaStoned yeah wish I could mass cultivate but maybe I'll just grow some monsters in a different area I don't have to be in a tent. But the weather kind of forced my hand.

• Locrian99
        Locrian99 commented
        Editing a comment
        I was wondering about just hanging an led in a closet privably could with just a fan in there to move the air around in the closet.

• Chefbjy
        Chefbjy commented
        Editing a comment
        Locrian99 my first grow was in my bathroom that's never used. Don't think it was as dark as my tent and had some light leaks but didn't get any seeds or hermies.

Well I had just enough time before lights out to get to one plant this morning. We’ll see how she responds some branches I did the full on weaken the stem others were still soft enough that it’s probably more of just an LST job.
      600w mh/hps
      32”x32”x63” veg tent
      viparspectra PAR 450 led
      5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

Question on the super cropping, is there any reason you shouldn’t do all the colas on the plant?
        600w mh/hps
        32”x32”x63” veg tent
        viparspectra PAR 450 led
        5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

• Locrian99
          Locrian99 commented
          Editing a comment
          Ok I just don’t remember seeing that in any pics. I have a couple that don’t seem to have turned up towards the light as well too.

• Campesino
          Campesino commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, they can look pretty gnarly and discolored, but mine always turn up toward the light (at least through the stretch).
          I have been debating silica as I now feel the skywalkers might have benefited had I used it, your comment has given me more to think about. It may make doing the cropping harder, but shouldn't affect recovery (I wouldn't think).

• Locrian99
          Locrian99 commented
          Editing a comment
          They actually seem like the turned just had some canopy cover them. I got them above it now. I turned everything so much I got leaves shooting everywhere. Tomorrow is day 14 I might do a light defoliation before the big week 3 one. They could use it, and the humidity is getting higher in there.

I went through both plants bending stuff a bit more to where I want it. So crowded in that little tent, not a fan of it, won’t be doing this kind of set up again, maybe 2 in smaller pots. Lesson learned, and will be good experience in dealing with it. Here’s a pic of the canopy as of this morning, going to be watching how they react to the super cropping and how they end up positioned to see if I need to do anymore (I’m sure I will). They are definentky developing bud sites now going into there 11th dark cycle of 12/12.
        600w mh/hps
        32”x32”x63” veg tent
        viparspectra PAR 450 led
        5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

• Campesino
          Campesino commented
          Editing a comment
          I like it crowded! I think you may come around when they start forming their colas. It will definitely be a good opportunity to practice training and canopy management.

• Tika
          Tika commented
          Editing a comment
          Consider this.... You are doing great with your plants, you picked vital strains, maybe the next time 1 white widow? Or such.
          I have a 5x9 gorilla tent and THOUGHT I COULD DO 8 well veged plants. Rethinking Maybe 4? One good plant equals more than 4 squished?
          As well I LST and top which takes more space going for even canopy. I do not super crop unless by accident.
          Point being...Maybe your skills have out grown your tent?..... nonetheless crowded is ok.
          Beautiful image too😊🤗😊

Thank you Tika 😊 nevertheless I’m still kicking myself for not just getting a 2nd 4x4x6’8”. As I said previously though it’s good experience, nothing is learned from everything going perfect and no challenges. I figure the plants growing too well is a good one to have to tackle as far as problems go lol
        600w mh/hps
        32”x32”x63” veg tent
        viparspectra PAR 450 led
        5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

Started doing a little supercropping in the big tent, just a few tips that were stretching above the rest into some canopy openings. Only on GSC1 and WW1 for now, couple candidates on WW2 but my alarm clock (17 month old) starting going off (waking up) so I’ll have to look at those tonight after lights on. They seemed to respond well to the 3/4 strength nutes so far no signs of tip burn etc about 60 hours after so if I don’t see any changes next feeding I may just do full strength. Couple pics.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Locrian99; 03-10-2018, 09:58 AM.
          600w mh/hps
          32”x32”x63” veg tent
          viparspectra PAR 450 led
          5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

• RosettaStoned
            RosettaStoned commented
            Editing a comment
            Looks like you'll have a nice full tent, no light wasted

• Campesino
            Campesino commented
            Editing a comment
            There's no way to hit "snooze" on that alarm clock!
            Looking good! Isn't supercropping fun?

Alright so I just have to share this. The pedal steel player has dreadlocks. Only in Portland.
          600w mh/hps
          32”x32”x63” veg tent
          viparspectra PAR 450 led
          5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            Locrian99 if you ever have a chance to see the Darren Bessett band go hes a buddy of mine that just signed a record contract so he should be on tour soon

Also nothing wrong with dreadlocks when I was in my coma while coming out of it I talked to Jesus and he was a Jamaican with dread locks I know right

• Locrian99
            Locrian99 commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh I’ve got no problems with dreads. I try to go to at least 1 reggae show a year and anytime steel pulse comes to town. Just thought it was a funny mix, not an instrument I’d expect to see a guy with dreads down to his waist playing. I’ll kerp an eye out for your buddy I love going to small venue shows of up and comers. Never know what your in for and if they hit it big you get to be the guy saying I saw me back when... lol

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            I remember seeing Aerosmith in a night club before they hit it big good memory

Today was day 14 of 12/12, well last night was. So I figure an update is in order. Everything’s looking pretty good. Humidity I think may become an issue. PAC NW spring, it’s going to be wet. Currently sitting 60% humidity in there with the lights on. I was hoping to do a little defoliating last night but got stuck late at work. Tonight or tomorrow night, might help a bit with humidity. They seemed to have stopped stretching, I think they stretched about 5-7 inches total. And currently are about 20 inches tall. They are filling out the tent nicely. Also tossing in a pic of the big tent at day 11 of 12/12. GSC in front WW in back.
          600w mh/hps
          32”x32”x63” veg tent
          viparspectra PAR 450 led
          5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

• Locrian99
            Locrian99 commented
            Editing a comment
            My tents are in the basement too which doesn’t help

• Chefbjy
            Chefbjy commented
            Editing a comment
            For sure. Temps must be good though huh? My space heater takes out some of the humidity. And I have a pellet stove on the other side of the house still cool enough to keep them going. I'm sure when it gets warmer your basement will stay cooler then my old ass doublewide. I know some of the good dehumidifiers aren't cheap.

• Locrian99
            Locrian99 commented
            Editing a comment
            The temp down there is awesome. And through the winter I had ideal conditions.

Got Ai2 out and gave her a bit of a hair cut. Day 15 of 12/12. I got a little reckless and took out a side branch I shouldn’t have.
          600w mh/hps
          32”x32”x63” veg tent
          viparspectra PAR 450 led
          5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

hate when that happens doesn't seem to have bothered her or that anything is missing shes still looking very perky lol
            new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
            current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X