No announcement yet.

Locrian99s 2nd grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update on the girls today. Continued with the manifold topped at the third node off the third node both of the aurora indicas, and GSC1, Wonder Woman 1 I probably could have but decided to give her another day or two. There’s a little bit of what might be nutrient burn on one of the AI’s the And I feel the Wonder Woman 1 leaves look a little “crinkly” just going to keep an eye on stuff for now. Still plenty of veg time. They were watered today with 1/3rd strength of the week 2 fox farms nutes. Plus 1/3rd strength of raw silica and I have them 1/3rd strength cal mag. Ph was 6.2 going in (little lower than I meant to go but already had everything mixed and oops. TDS was 550. Ph coming out was between 6.7 and 6.9 depending on the plant. What surprised me though was the variance of the tds coming out anywhere from 1190 to 2885 most were between 1750 and 2300. Here’s some pics oh and some odd markings on the AI that has the possible nute burn.
    48”x48”x80” flower/main tent
    600w mh/hps
    32”x32”x63” veg tent
    viparspectra PAR 450 led
    FFOF soil, Fox farms nutes, raw silica
    5 gallon Smart Pots
    Current grow Aurora Indica, Girl Scout Cookies, Wonder Woman (all Nirvana)
    Current grow progress: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/159795-locrian99s-2nd-grow

Comment

• Locrian99
      Locrian99 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea the output from the tds meter shocked me particularly the variance. The plant with the lowest tds reading does imo look the healthiest and is growing the fastest.

• Locrian99
      Locrian99 commented
      Editing a comment
      And thank you

• Locrian99
      Locrian99 commented
      Editing a comment
      Busy ass day. Having a sick 16 month old is no fun all day solo, then go to work lol. I checked on them today the few minutes I could. Noticed that one of the GSC is falling even more behind. Gave it a quick look. My lst, apparently was hst. Put a couple splits in the growth tips at the third node, both of them, put a little tape on it, didn’t wrap it just put a piece over the wound like you do with tp when you cut yourself shaving. I’ll keel an eye on her

Harvested the gg#4 last night. Plenty of scissor hash hits while doing so 😀👍🏻. The smaller of the two had some bananas (I think) but I didn’t see any mature seeds yet at least. Also when I went to pull it from the pot the stem just snapped with little pressure something was for sure going in there. Smaller plant, buds, matured slower than other, anyways.
    600w mh/hps
    32”x32”x63” veg tent
    viparspectra PAR 450 led
    5 gallon Smart Pots
    Current grow progress: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/159795-locrian99s-2nd-grow

Comment

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      Congratulations on your Harvest, they look tasty.

• Locrian99
      Locrian99 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thx I think I’ve got enough trim now to try making some of your lotion recipe. Now to just find the time.

Since the gg#4 was harvested, the plants got a bit more room. The Aurora Indicas are staying in the small tent under the 450w LED while the GSC and WW moved to the 4x4 under the 600w mh/hps. The AI will go into 5 gallons tonight or tomorrow, I’ll probably transplant the rest next week. WW1 still seems runty want her to get going good before I stress her again. Thx for looking 😀
    600w mh/hps
    32”x32”x63” veg tent
    viparspectra PAR 450 led
    5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

Just wondering if you have considered growing in Coco/ perlite rather than Soil indoors? Neutral question.
      😊
      Last edited by Tika; 02-01-2018, 10:52 PM.
      Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
      Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
      GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
      photoperiod feminized seeds
      http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
      http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
      http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

• Locrian99
        Locrian99 commented
        Editing a comment
        I have I thought about doing it this grow but from my understanding is you need to water much more frequently. Camping season starts in March I need to be able to leave them for a few days.

• St.buds
        St.buds commented
        Editing a comment
        I use coco with about half perlite and I water about ever 5 days but I no from experience I can go 7days without watering maby more. More coco than perlite will let u go even longer with out watering. Neutral also just saying I've only done 3 grows in soil my whole life but I'm pretty sure soil Can't go a week( i forgot too add my pots are 5 gallon pots)
        Last edited by St.buds; 02-05-2018, 10:14 AM.

• Locrian99
        Locrian99 commented
        Editing a comment
        Interesting. What sized pot are you using? I want to say I’ve read about people having to water coco daily in flower. I suppose how much you’re watering could also come into play. I usually water my soil to a little run off and in 3 gallon pots last grow I was watering 3-4 days late flower

It would depend on your size of pot, how long you are gone ( hopefully in veg period) conditions of grow space and how old the plant is.
      And I UNDERSTANDING needing to camp 4 Sho!
      Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
      Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
      GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
      photoperiod feminized seeds
      http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
      http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
      http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

• Locrian99
        Locrian99 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yea our first trip is end of March right around week 4-5 of flower current timeline. Going with 5 gallon pots. I think after we get back from the east coast in the summer I’ll try coco j want to. Fewer pests more control. Sounds like a win win or a suregire way for me to break stuff

Aurora Indica to 5 gallon pots (bigger than I realized). I transplanted into 40% ocean forest, 40% happy frog, 20% added perlite. Did some more LST on the manifold, and apparently I am not very good at putting stuff in the center of a circle
      600w mh/hps
      32”x32”x63” veg tent
      viparspectra PAR 450 led
      5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

• Locrian99
        Locrian99 commented
        Editing a comment
        Now I’m curious on the first part of your comment lol

• Campesino
        Campesino commented
        Editing a comment
        LOL, RosettaStoned had at one point said that seeds outgrew clones. Or something to that effect.
        The blank comment is on post below.

• RosettaStoned
        RosettaStoned commented
        Editing a comment
        I did say that, was looking for the article, then posted a comment on a different post. I said......I'm too tired for this and went back to sleep.

Thought this was interesting. I can’t say 100% I didn’t damage it but I’m pretty sure I didn’t. No growth tip...
      600w mh/hps
      32”x32”x63” veg tent
      viparspectra PAR 450 led
      5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

• Campesino
        Campesino commented
        Editing a comment
        I am running with the idea that Locrian99 doesn't mind that we took over p3 of his journal. We're bringing him on a walk down memory lane!
        Yeah, I don't think you can beat Autos for pure speed.
        BTW I flipped the seeds on day 44 and that was too late! So Clones at 50 days from cutting were roughly the same as seedlings at day 40 from seed hitting water.

• Locrian99
        Locrian99 commented
        Editing a comment
        I get a kick out of the random part of the grow you chose to hijack. The missing growth tip.

• Doubledealing72
        Doubledealing72 commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol, I was reading through the comments and when I saw talk about clones, the spread of activation in my brain took me to the question I posted originally lol.

Oh Seedsman didn’t tell me I was also getting a create your own headband kits free with my order! It’s going to take me eternity to get through these freebies. Though the Girl Scout crack has me intrigued. 9 days not bad at all.
      Last edited by Locrian99; 02-05-2018, 07:40 PM.
      600w mh/hps
      32”x32”x63” veg tent
      viparspectra PAR 450 led
      5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

• BlueBudz
        BlueBudz commented
        Editing a comment
        Not sure it’s a great idea to post the stealth techniques.

• Locrian99
        Locrian99 commented
        Editing a comment
        Meh I don’t think it’s a big deal but there ya go removed.

• BlueBudz
        BlueBudz commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m sure it’s not, just a thought. First thing that popped into my mind when I read the post that’s all.

Added tomato cages for LST spacing and some support. Kind of just something I wanted to try. Anyone done something like this? My only worry is that the aurora indicas are going to be too short for a great manifold but I’ll see how the yield turns out.
      600w mh/hps
      32”x32”x63” veg tent
      viparspectra PAR 450 led
      5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

• Locrian99
        Locrian99 commented
        Editing a comment
        I’ve also looked into some automated watering systems but I’m pretty sure I’d need to get an RO filter first as the iron in my water would clog that for sure.

• Campesino
        Campesino commented
        Editing a comment
        My tent has side windows, but using one of them requires climbing into my closet and using the other requires moving furniture!
        I try not to move them too much, which is easy now since I have pretty much built them into place. Because of my bench, I couldn't remove a single plant now even if I wanted to. Well, not without chopping the bench or the plant!

• Locrian99
        Locrian99 commented
        Editing a comment
        Ah yea that is why I don’t like the idea of a ScrOG. I want to move them if I want to, might not be the best idea but trying to get in there and water I’m probably more likely to do some damage

Did you say tomato cages, Lst, manifolding, suppercrpping, Coco, Aurora indica, and cannabis?
      Click image for larger version  Name:	20180205_231658.jpg Views:	1 Size:	908.1 KB ID:	172246 I cut the bottoms off for a 1 low ring and 1 high ring cage and retain the 4 legs, fits with a stretch in a 5gl. Fabric pot. Depending on your phenotype that shows up should be all you need for finished height in a standard tent.
      Click image for larger version  Name:	20171207_214744.jpg Views:	2 Size:	1.14 MB ID:	172247
      Flipped at the point I had my square inch to growth tip balance and could no long contain it on the bottom ring.
      Did I mention level and 1/3 finished height to the top ring

Mr.F
      Last edited by Mr.furley; 02-06-2018, 02:18 AM.
      You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• Locrian99
        Locrian99 commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh what a tangled web you weave Furley.

• Locrian99
        Locrian99 commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m liking the look I was planning on using twist ties and a bamboo stake or 6 to train there to grow up once they get outside. And some regular silica feeding.

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        MrFurley, has got it going on, thats for sure, just look at some of his finished products, beautiful buds.

Gave the girls a hair cut and some more bending. The AI’s got some water with a little silica, waiting for them to use up what’s in the soil before I give them anymore nutes. 6.4 ph and 200 tds in, 6.8 out at 1180 out and 6.9 at 1754 out. Wondering if I should hit them a little lower ph next time, or if that’ll level out as the soil nutes come out. By any means I think they are looking happy and healthy. Here they are post defoliation and a stem pick cause I took one.
      600w mh/hps
      32”x32”x63” veg tent
      viparspectra PAR 450 led
      5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

• Campesino
        Campesino commented
        Editing a comment
        Looking very good!

7 hours after defoliation last night the girls were smiling at the sun and it looked like the growth tips I exposed exploded with new growth. I’m sold. I actually removed a few more on some of the smaller plants as what I had removed made a big enough difference on the newer growth that the leaves I was debating on could for sure go. Aiming for flipping to 12/12 around March 1st
      600w mh/hps
      32”x32”x63” veg tent
      viparspectra PAR 450 led
      5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

Kind of neat
        600w mh/hps
        32”x32”x63” veg tent
        viparspectra PAR 450 led
        5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

What are we looking at here?
          Setup
          4’x4’x6.6’
          600W MH
          2x innova 19w full spec led
          175cfm fan, can 33 filter
          8gal DIY reservoir/ hydro system

Comment

• Locrian99
            Locrian99 commented
            Editing a comment
            The leaf 1/2 is yellow 1/2 green.

• BlueBudz
            BlueBudz commented
            Editing a comment
            Haha sorry I thought that was just lighting. It is cool you should save that leaf. Put it in a book

Little update. Still on track for a March 1st Flip. They received nutes today quarter strength at 6.3. And a bit of a hair cut and removed some of the wire ties holding down the big branches on a couple of them. The one Girl Scout cookies is still lagging a bit behind. Sons nap time was nearly over so I’ll have to do the AIs after work. Apparently one of the girls was camera shy and I missed her.
          600w mh/hps
          32”x32”x63” veg tent
          viparspectra PAR 450 led
          5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X