No announcement yet.

Locrian99s 2nd grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tika pregnant again... my mom would be so happy lol... hoping to get this little one out of diapers first, and figure out where we’re going after we sell our place. I’m going to miss my perfect grow room in the basement with the concrete floor. I suppose with it being Easter and it being buried in this thread I can get away with sharing this pic.
    Attached Files
    48”x48”x80” flower/main tent
    600w mh/hps
    32”x32”x63” veg tent
    viparspectra PAR 450 led
    FFOF soil, Fox farms nutes, raw silica
    5 gallon Smart Pots
    Current grow Aurora Indica, Girl Scout Cookies, Wonder Woman (all Nirvana)
    Current grow progress: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/159795-locrian99s-2nd-grow

Comment

• Dutchman1
      Dutchman1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Awwwwwwwwwww....

Gotta go off topic: I am / was an AMI Certified Montessori Teacher / Primary-trained in Washington DC.. I thought 2-6 yr olds for 18 years.
    The hope/ the life/ the miracle of mankind resides in this age. Figure this: we never learn as much-so quickly- so thoroughly so abundtanlyy as the human 0-6 yr old old.
    The Absorbant mind...We can never re-sieze that gift...Only respect it during that time.
    Thanks for ringing my bell. Beautiful images..
    Just go poddy with your little one...No big deal...pee together..Give up diapers..Get jockeys and and a bunch of pull up pants/elastic waist...Will self correct.
    So off topic but
    Important!
    Love it and thanks again. For the share❤️
    Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
    Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
    GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
    photoperiod feminized seeds
    http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
    http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
    http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

• Locrian99
      Locrian99 commented
      Editing a comment
      I love it!!! He is the most important thing in my world and has been since my wife told me he was coming. Such an amazing thing a new life is.

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      hes going to be a heart breaker typical boy happiest in a mud puddle lol

Today is day 35 of 12/12 for the AI’s. Watered them (6 days between waterings this seems like way too long to me at this late in flowering but that’s what they seem to be wanting). Nothing too exciting to report, they are starting to have a very nice smell to them. I’m terrible at describing what they smell like, but I would say there’s a sweet quality to it, and it’s very pleasant not a strong skunky smell at all. Day 31 for the big tent, I noticed a few of the hairs on the GSC’s top colas starting to orange. Surprised me. Everything looks good in there. On the two in the nursery the 8 ball kush has a taproot poking out this is 36 hours after going in the rooter, and I can’t see anything on the Jack Herrer but I could just be not able to see. I did realize I put way too much water in my tray and the rooters are much wetter than I’d prefer. I dumped out the excess water hopefully everything goes ok. Soon as I see them pop up the humidity dome is coming off.
    600w mh/hps
    32”x32”x63” veg tent
    viparspectra PAR 450 led
    5 gallon Smart Pots
    Current grow progress: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/159795-locrian99s-2nd-grow

Comment

• Locrian99
      Locrian99 commented
      Editing a comment
      I find it interesting that the GSC2 shows some pistils turning already it is the only plant I see this on. And I see it on every main cola. Curious if this means she will be ready sooner than the others.

• Campesino
      Campesino commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I like to keep the RH at about 70 when they are young (first two weeks). Only reasonable way for me to achieve that is in a tent or under a dome. After two weeks they no longer fit under the 7" dome - so I put them in the shower!
      Ambient RH is often as low as single digits here, so I have to be careful with that.

• Locrian99
      Locrian99 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ah yeah you’ve mentioned that the basement stays around 50% rh most of the time. I did notice in the big tent during lights out the humidity crept up to 60 the last two days after I gave them the heavier than usual watering.

Hello world!
    600w mh/hps
    32”x32”x63” veg tent
    viparspectra PAR 450 led
    5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

• Campesino
      Campesino commented
      Editing a comment
      Happy Birthday little girl!

I have one of those babies poking out this morning to

Locrian do you water just before lights out if so how come? My light scheduled is 4am to 4 pm in bloom It probably be cheaper if I had the light on from 4 pm to 4 am but I never would get any work done my legs hurt to bad at that time of day to accomplish much other than smoking lol

So my point was if you water just close to lights out isn't that causing your rh to go up at night

Whenever you water your plants are looking fantastic
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• Campesino
      Campesino commented
      Editing a comment
      Agreed, I water before lights on when possible because of RH

• UrbZ
      UrbZ commented
      Editing a comment
      Me too. Even if I have to open the tents a few minutes early.

• Locrian99
      Locrian99 commented
      Editing a comment
      I water when I can. I work 4pm-? Usually between midnight and 2 am. I try to water on my days off as best I can. I gmhave a weird split days off thing. My schedule for the girls is lights on from 9pm-9am. Watering if it’s a day off happens right at 9pm if I work I do it as soon as I get home. It’s spring in NW Oregon it’s going to be wet

This Jack Herrer popped out already with its serrated leaves.
    600w mh/hps
    32”x32”x63” veg tent
    viparspectra PAR 450 led
    5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

• Locrian99
      Locrian99 commented
      Editing a comment
      The Girl Scout crack and super lemon haze freebies I received I’m really interested in growing. Particularly the haze strain. Now I see nirvana put out a tangie I’ll probably pick some of those up along with their original glue strain (gg4) for my next photo run. And little tent will be autos, probably at least 6 months until I can do another indoor grow though. Depending on if we build or buy after selling.

• Campesino
      Campesino commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I just wish they provided some clues to identify. Like if it is short and compact does that mean it is a longer or shorter flower period.
      Jack Herrer is a great strain to smoke, so I really don't mind. In my case, she'll be ready at some point between the Power Africa Fast, which is 6-7 weeks, and the Shining Silver Hazes, which I expect to take about 11.

• Locrian99
      Locrian99 commented
      Editing a comment
      I would assume the shorter more compact would have more of an Indica leaning and be a shorter flowering time. I am just kind of guessing though. Yea the way they did the write up kind of annoyed me

9 am the big tent starts it’s 35th 12 hours darkness. I kind of think I should’ve gone a bit more aggressive in their week 3 defol than I did. I can’t even imagine had I not done any. No issues to report they are just chugging along. They will get a feed tomorrow night. Gsc2’s pistils are turning, not seeing this on any other plant and it’s seems early to me. The babies were put in a mix of happy frog ocean forest and perlite in solo cups. And I started two more for another friend. Great use of freebies I wasn’t all that interested in growing.
    600w mh/hps
    32”x32”x63” veg tent
    viparspectra PAR 450 led
    5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

• RosettaStoned
      RosettaStoned commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm torn every time I'm trying to defol/prune. I'll stand there for 10-20 minutes and not do anything, just stare and go back and forth. Maybe if I just stab the shears into my eye I'll stop thinking about it

• KingKush
      KingKush commented
      Editing a comment
      RosettaStoned
      Such an understanding I have with you but if we went that route, one or two times we would be blind, and still not know whether to defoliate or not.

I stand in there and ask the plants what THEY want... the answer is usually discouraging so I leave and determine I will come back later and ask them again, perhaps they will give me a clearer answer when I'm not so high or something...

• Locrian99
      Locrian99 commented
      Editing a comment
      My defoliating sessions also always take a chunk of time for me to get started. I just have to dive in and start and pretty soon there’s a pile of leaves there. I can certainly see a difference in the plants on the level of defol I gave them. But I wonder if it’s also a strain pheno thing. The one WW that is I feel is doing best also appears to be a Sativa leaning pheno to me. She’s had thinner leaves her whole life, and was the runt for a big chunk of veg, 12/12 hit and she found her legs.

Well I decided to water them tonight, after scoping them out and lifting all the pots they needed it. GSC2 is the smallest of the bunch and she was the one I was lifting. The others were ready. So week 5 nutes at 100% + silica and cal mag. 6.3 Ph. I watered a little differently tonight. Normally I give them about 1.5 gallons and get about 10-15% runoff. Tonight I gave them all about a gallon with no runoff (I got a little from GSC2). I decided to try this to put less moisture in the tent and a little out of laziness so I didn’t have to mix up a second batch of nutes. Plain water days I’ll continue to runoff. Last watering of grow big.
    600w mh/hps
    32”x32”x63” veg tent
    viparspectra PAR 450 led
    5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

• Locrian99
      Locrian99 commented
      Editing a comment
      Week 5 of 12/12 nutes chef

• Locrian99
      Locrian99 commented
      Editing a comment
      I veged for longer so I just kind of ignore the first four weeks when I say week 5 nutes.

• Chefbjy
      Chefbjy commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh no I thought you were just on week 5 I'm into week 5 of my feed chart. So first week of flower nutes.

Moved the two little ones to solo cups yesterday, they seem to have taken a break from growing. Hoping they are just focusing on that taproot checking out the new digs. I screwed up on the other two and let it get kinda dry in their dome over night this morning it was 40% humidity and the rooters were fairly dry hopefully I caught it in time.
    600w mh/hps
    32”x32”x63” veg tent
    viparspectra PAR 450 led
    5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

Oops forgot the pic
      600w mh/hps
      32”x32”x63” veg tent
      viparspectra PAR 450 led
      5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

Just some daily ramblings... I’m thinking GSC2 is a faster flowering pheno than GSC1, she has thicker fingers on her fan leaves. This is also the plant that would get the strange half yellow fingers and yellow shapes on her leaves that I mentioned in vege. Her pistils are curling and turning quite a bit when compared to none doing so on GSC1. And she is quite a bit frostier. Kind of disappointing in that I don’t think she’s going to bulk up as much as she is a bit smaller (maybe due to me splitting main stems doing the manifold). The one upside to this is maybe I’ll let her go further into amber to see the different effects.
        600w mh/hps
        32”x32”x63” veg tent
        viparspectra PAR 450 led
        5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

• Chefbjy
          Chefbjy commented
          Editing a comment
          Mine just kept going like it didn't even happen it's crazy how much she's keeping up. I'll still keep an eye on it.

• Chefbjy
          Chefbjy commented
          Editing a comment
          Mine just kept going like it didn't even happen it's crazy how much she's keeping up. I'll still keep an eye on it.

• Locrian99
          Locrian99 commented
          Editing a comment
          Good hearty little girls they are. I’ll take a pic on my Wonder Woman of the branch on the manifold I broke off. It grew back. It’s not as thick but stretched about as high and has a nice cola forming on top. I doubt the damage I did is having any effect on flowering rate, I’m guessing there is just a faster flowering pheno as their leaves look a little different (if I was to guess with my limited knowledge I’d say the one that seems to be going faster is more Indica). I just find it kind of interesting, I already expected her to produce a bit less as her side branching isn’t as strong etc

Watered the aurora indicas tonight, 1/2 strength week 5 nutes. After writing that it dawns on me they should’ve gotten week 6, oops I think the only difference is the grow big. 6.4 ph in got the usual silica and cal mag added. No issues, chugging along I lowered their light slightly mfr recommends 18” so I put the tops of the tallest colas at 16” hoping to get a little more light penetrating to the lower parts of them. I did the same in the big tent 14” for the tops under a 600w HPS, everything looks good in there. The WW1 our stretched the rest so I’ve been brainstorming something to raise the rest a couple inches and the 2x4’s I have at the house I want to use for another project. Might just do double risers. See how sturdy that is. I went ahead and did the risers after initial post. Seems sturdy enough will just be careful if I scoot them around. Much better height across the canopy.
        Last edited by Locrian99; 04-07-2018, 02:26 AM.
        600w mh/hps
        32”x32”x63” veg tent
        viparspectra PAR 450 led
        5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

• Locrian99
          Locrian99 commented
          Editing a comment
          They are actually only about 22”-25” tall. The tomato cages are at 14” if you can see them. I flipped to 12/12 relight about the height of the tomato cages.

• Tika
          Tika commented
          Editing a comment
          Beautiful...Coming Along so nicely. ETA for harvest?

• Locrian99
          Locrian99 commented
          Editing a comment
          Tika I was hoping to harvest everything around May 1st. My plan was for the two ai’s To be done first but GSC 2 is throwing a wrench in that idea.

Little worried about this 8 ball kush seedling. She has really changed Much in a couple days and seems to be struggling growing out those first serrated leaves. She popped first and stretched a little more than her neighbor the jack. But my new one I popped just came up and came out with the serrated already more formed. We’ll see I’ll give her a couple more days and if nothing I’ll pop a replacement.
        600w mh/hps
        32”x32”x63” veg tent
        viparspectra PAR 450 led
        5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	E80E9716-3212-491A-A994-A26DCEA5FA11.jpeg
Views:	387
Size:	3.15 MB
ID:	193799 I just shit my pants. We get home from a baby shower, storm rolled through today. Bottom of cellar steps are flooded with water about 4 inches up the cellar door. I go down mstairs basement is flooded to the tents. No power in grow room. I’m freaking out. Clean out drains dry up everything nothing. Of course my breakers aren’t labeled well. Turn them all off multiple times. Finally realize there’s a reset in the fridge plug. Hit it. And the world had power. Phew. Unfortunately the main tent is wet at the bottom. It’s lights out right now so I’ll see what’s up after lights on.
          Last edited by Locrian99; 04-07-2018, 08:30 PM.
          600w mh/hps
          32”x32”x63” veg tent
          viparspectra PAR 450 led
          5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

• Locrian99
            Locrian99 commented
            Editing a comment
            I’m just happy fans are now running and it doesn’t look like water made it to my ballast.

• RosettaStoned
            RosettaStoned commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh boy, sorry to hear.

• Locrian99
            Locrian99 commented
            Editing a comment
            I think everything is going to be ok. May make my humidity issue a little worse but I was already dealing with it. Once the lights come back on in about 40 I’ll know for sure but as I said it doesn’t look like water got to the ballast and all the fans are operational (the expensive shit)

Lights are on everything is working I have s mess to clean up.
          600w mh/hps
          32”x32”x63” veg tent
          viparspectra PAR 450 led
          5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

• RosettaStoned
            RosettaStoned commented
            Editing a comment
            I know the panic you felt

• Campesino
            Campesino commented
            Editing a comment
            Certainly sounds like it sucked!
            I am happy that "Major crisis was avoided", but it does sound like a pretty significant minor crisis!!!

• Locrian99
            Locrian99 commented
            Editing a comment
            Silver lining is the grow room was in need of a good cleaning and this is forcing me to do that today lol

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X