Click image for larger version

Name:	B1D71A9C-1BF3-4AAE-9C75-890568173C33.jpeg
Views:	400
Size:	2.43 MB
ID:	175724Click image for larger version

Name:	0F9958F6-0209-4D70-88DB-FF39E7C7871D.jpeg
Views:	423
Size:	2.20 MB
ID:	175725 Watered the AI’s at 1/4 strength of the fox farms week 3 schedule Monday night. From what I’ve read these girls can be a little sensitive to nutes and not sure how much Ocean forest nutes are left in there. So far no adverse effects. Removed the wire I was using to hold them down and did some minor defoliating. They look good so far going to move to 18/6 Friday to get em ready for the 12/12 switch on March 1. Here’s a couple pics.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Locrian99; 02-14-2018, 10:13 PM.
    48”x48”x80” flower/main tent
    600w mh/hps
    32”x32”x63” veg tent
    viparspectra PAR 450 led
    FFOF soil, Fox farms nutes, raw silica
    5 gallon Smart Pots
    Current grow Aurora Indica, Girl Scout Cookies, Wonder Woman (all Nirvana)
    Current grow progress: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/159795-locrian99s-2nd-grow

Comment

Well apparently nebulas strain review on the AI is correct go easy on the nutes. Seeing some minor tip burn on some of the older leaves at 1/4 strength. Thinking I’ll do next nite watering at the same strength though as it’s not bad and could still have some of the OF stuff in there. Only one of them has it. The WW and GSC showed no ill effects from their nute watering had their plain watering today. I think i’ll Up the nutes to 1/2 strength for them on next watering and see how they react. Trying to get a decent baseline before flipping them.
      600w mh/hps
      32”x32”x63” veg tent
      viparspectra PAR 450 led
      5 gallon Smart Pots
      Current grow progress: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/159795-locrian99s-2nd-grow

Comment

These are the two I was talking about. As you can see far less interesting than the cool ones in that article, I’d love to get one of those self topping plants. There are some other yellow areas, kind of odd, again I’m leaning towards genetics. This plant is also the runt which I think largely is due to me splitting the stems doing the manifold a little at the 3rd node.
      600w mh/hps
      32”x32”x63” veg tent
      viparspectra PAR 450 led
      5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Morning 99, that is pretty wierd, but nice, I'm thinking genetics just like you

• Chefbjy
        Chefbjy commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah probably just a mutation like the article. I'd like to see one with flowers coming out of the fan leaves lol.

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        I got one of those self-topping ones, an boy is she growing good . I hope she stays that way, lol.

Watered the 2 Aurora Indicas (small tent) tonight, took 1.5 gallons each to achieve about 10% run off. 6.3 plain water in, 6.5 and 6.7 out. Last watering was 6 days ago same amount in order to get run off. Pots finally we’re feeling light, guessing that’s going to start needing to be more frequent as the roots fill out those 5 gallon pots. Getting a little nervous about space in that 32”x32”x63” tent. I think I’ll have the height fine it’ll take some cola placing I think to give them enough room. Here’s a couple pics they seem happy and healthy just waiting for the flip on the 1st.
      600w mh/hps
      32”x32”x63” veg tent
      viparspectra PAR 450 led
      5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        they are looking great I like the tomato cage just never remember to do them lol

• Locrian99
        Locrian99 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks guys. Ojh walking out my f the hardware store with tomato cages in January (had to search for someplace that had them left over from last year) 3 people madd a comment of tomatoes already?

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        not to worry my wife works at a garden shop and every spring someone is always looking for tomatoes in April lol

Big tent watering day with nutes today. They received 1/2 dose of the week 3 FF schedule with silica and cal mag added. Took my well water added everything checked PH 6.3 woot! Gotta love that. Output was 6.5 to 6.8. Changed watering technique where I’m watering in the tent sucking the runoff out with a shopvac. My back appreciates it. No issues that I see happy and healthy thinking I’m going to push the flip date to the 8th, just so I’m not harvesting more than 2 plants in a week.
      Last edited by Locrian99; 02-19-2018, 06:07 PM.
      600w mh/hps
      32”x32”x63” veg tent
      viparspectra PAR 450 led
      5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

Oh yeah a couple pics
        600w mh/hps
        32”x32”x63” veg tent
        viparspectra PAR 450 led
        5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Every smartpot, I ever used ,had that salt on the outside, doesn't hurt a thing,

• Locrian99
          Locrian99 commented
          Editing a comment
          Ok that makes sense, it’s odd it’s not on my geopot. Thanks guys.

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          my kind soil gets that white stuff in it look like mold or something so I called to ask about it and was told its the Mychora (thats it cant spell it anymore the good bugs)

Watering day for the AI’s, been 5 days since last (last was 6 days) I think I should’ve done it last night. They were ready but it was 115 when I got home from work and I hit the vaporizer before I checked on them, it was bedtime lol. Today they got 1/3rd strength of the FF schedule week before flip (added open sesame) and silica and cal mag. pH 6.4 going in 6.6 out. 545 ppm in, I checked run off right away and it was 6.6 2360 ppm. Dumped it checked again after a bit more run off 6.6 930 ppm. I have no clue what I’m looking for in the ppm but I guess that’s good that it dropped rinsing stuff out I suppose. Main tent will be watered tonight after lights on thinking they are getting to 4 days between watering roots are apparently filling out those 5 gallon pots. Did some defoliating Wednesday, nervous to do more before flip to 12/12 this Thursday but thinking I might want to. Input welcome. They are looking good IMO short and bushy here’s some pics.
        600w mh/hps
        32”x32”x63” veg tent
        viparspectra PAR 450 led
        5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

• Chefbjy
          Chefbjy commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah wish they could talk. Tell you what kind of haircut they want lol.

• KingKush
          KingKush commented
          Editing a comment
          The defoliation article performed well in providing us universal definitions
          Defoliating vs Leafing vs Pruning
          We all suck at making sense with our words so it was nice to get common ground.
          The article is IN SUPPORT of pruning, it just challenges leafing and defoliating.

How do you know it "helps" if you haven't grown a side-by-side comparison yourself? Try to limit yourself to pruning a few plants next run and compare them to the ones you ripped all the leaves off. I have zero doubt that the unmolested ladies will make more buds than your defoliated plants every single time.

• Chefbjy
          Chefbjy commented
          Editing a comment
          Ya I had a conversation with Dangerdan. Although the topic is still debated I believe some people may be confused as to what they're doing. Pruning is different from defoliating and will benefit the maintenance of the structure. Where as defoliating is taking leaves off to expose bud sites.

And the big tent got plain water tonight. For sure moving to every 4 days now. Guessing that’ll bump to 3 once they get switched and they start making the good stuff 😀 6.3 in 6.6 out on all 4. GSC 2 is still the runt, I still think that is primarily due to me damaging her a little getting heavy handed with the LST.
        600w mh/hps
        32”x32”x63” veg tent
        viparspectra PAR 450 led
        5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello 99, hey man, you have got your plants looking great, your lst, is textbook, your going to have some humongous nugs in a little while. Great Job

• Locrian99
          Locrian99 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks daas that’s the the goal right. I’m just waiting for something to pop up, things are going too smooth lol

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Your gonna be fine, just watch, you know what your doing.

Switched the MH out for HPS and turned the led up to 100% all spectrums. Seen huge growth the last 24 hours. Wife called me at work after lights on and said “they look so big”. Wondering if I should’ve watered a bit sooner.
        600w mh/hps
        32”x32”x63” veg tent
        viparspectra PAR 450 led
        5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

• Locrian99
          Locrian99 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thursday is my plan for going to 12/12

• Chefbjy
          Chefbjy commented
          Editing a comment
          If your worried about a stretch keep the mh in for the first couple weeks of the flip then switch.

• Locrian99
          Locrian99 commented
          Editing a comment
          In the main tent I have lots of room so Stretch is ok the little tent is under a led and there stretch could be an issue but to my understanding the Aurora Indica strain has very little stretch.

Looking good Locrian
        new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
        current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• Locrian99
          Locrian99 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thx ojh

Prepped little tent for the flip to 12/12 I’m debating doing it starting tomorrow lights out at 9 am rather than 3pm. Did a little lollipopping, didn’t really remove anything above my “line” tucked colas to the outside of the tomato cages and put black fabric carbon filters under the bug screens on the two passive air intakes. The plan was Thursday but after this growth spurt of the last two days I’m thinking they might stretch more than I was anticipating. No signs of mute burn since upping to 1/3rd I’ll be keeping an eye on them and if they still seem fine I’ll do 1st week of flower nutes at 1/2 strength. No pics today I got distracted by the vape and forgot 😀
        600w mh/hps
        32”x32”x63” veg tent
        viparspectra PAR 450 led
        5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          Locrian99 I have a theory that the longer you leave photos in veg the less they stretch in bloom , I veg 8 to 12 weeks so my plants get the way I want them before I flip and when I do flip there isn't much stretch

• Locrian99
          Locrian99 commented
          Editing a comment
          oldjarhead100 I think you are on to something with that. I think the plant has to have some sort of genetic height trait. I do think it was the right time to switch. I just got home from work and checked on the girls looking excellent and for sure see growth.

• Locrian99
          Locrian99 commented
          Editing a comment
          I really wish I would’ve gone with 3 gallon pots for the two AI’s. I’ll be going to the hardware store tomorrow to get some pvc try and keep the negative pressure from sucking the sides of the tent in too much or I’m going to have buds touching it when it starts to flower in there.

Watered all 6 plants when I got home tonight. The two wonder woman’s were drooping (oops). Big tent (gsc/we) got 2/3rd strength nutes tonight week 4 veg on ff schedule with cal mag and silica. Plain water day for the little tent.
        600w mh/hps
        32”x32”x63” veg tent
        viparspectra PAR 450 led
        5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello 99, if you are not seeing any tip burn, it would be a great time to increase your feed, so they can get huge, that is if you want big buds, but they look great now, but more feed equals bigger, heavier buds.
          Brother, you have been doing a great job with your plants, a really nice journal.
          The nutrient companies, on their bottles, is just a guide to go by, but if you want big plants an big buds, you have to feed them. Feed them more each time until you see some tip burn, that's how the seed banks grow there's anyway. Good Job.99

Things were going to smooth! I noticed this I think Saturday or Sunday starting, and I’m horrible and don’t remember how it conincidi g with my last foliage spray application. First move is I’m just going to stop using that as I was planning anyways over the next week or two. I forgot to write down the day and forgot which it was. Anyways. Sorry under the hps not dragging her out at the moment and only on the top leaves not seeing anything down below. I’ll be looking through the plant problems thing I’m sure it’s nothing major st this point only on this one Wonder Woman.
        600w mh/hps
        32”x32”x63” veg tent
        viparspectra PAR 450 led
        5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

• Chefbjy
          Chefbjy commented
          Editing a comment
          If you're using a foliage spray under the hps it's probably just a little sunburn. I noticed that on my grow when they weren't drying as fast as normal. Haven't seen any issues after I stopped you should be fine. If you do take them out you could probably spray if you wanted or make sure they dry fast. I used a fan the last time I did it to help dry it out after noticing what was going on.

• Locrian99
          Locrian99 commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m leaning towards something to that effect, that plant is furthest from the “canopy fan” and it appears localized even on the plant. I might pull it out tonight so I can look at it under natural light. I gave them a pretty good soaking with the spray last time so

Do the leaves look like they are clawing to you guys? Particularly the back right plant.
        600w mh/hps
        32”x32”x63” veg tent
        viparspectra PAR 450 led
        5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

• Locrian99
          Locrian99 commented
          Editing a comment
          8 hours later and it’s 75 in there, I think the drooping looks a little better but still looks a little droopy to me.

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          You can stop that drooping, by watering 8-10ozs of water right around the stalk in a circle.That's all it takes, unless, the soil is already soaked.

• Locrian99
          Locrian99 commented
          Editing a comment
          Good to know. It’s still pretty wet from the watering they got late Tuesday/early Wednesday. I had to keep on schedule and flip to 12/12, need these to be done.

Big tent seems to have recovered from their little heat wave. The damaged leaves on the One WOnder woman aren’t getting any worse. Sunday I think I’ll give them all a light hair cut on all the plants.
        600w mh/hps
        32”x32”x63” veg tent
        viparspectra PAR 450 led
        5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

• Locrian99
          Locrian99 commented
          Editing a comment
          Can’t wait for the buds to start coming in. I am missing having buds to look at. Well buds on a plant.

• RosettaStoned
          RosettaStoned commented
          Editing a comment
          I want to see how GSC comes out. I bet pretty spectacular by the looks of your grow so far.

• Locrian99
          Locrian99 commented
          Editing a comment
          That is the strain I’m most excited for smoking for sure. I also am curious to see how the smoke compares to my friends clones he keeps a gsc mother and it’s pretty dank.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X