Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slightly off topic, but what do you think about crypto currencies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slightly off topic, but what do you think about crypto currencies?

Hey all! I say this is only slightly off topic because seedsman takes Bitcoin, but it's actually way off topic because it has little to do with growing lol.

When I first googled how much a Bitcoin is worth a few months back, I was flabbergasted to see that it was $4400 for one Bitcoin. Man I wish I would have got in then.

I finally got in when I went to seedsman for their Cyber sale during Thanksgiving. So I owe seedsman a big thanks for giving me another addiction I suppose lol. If they didn't offer free seeds when paying with Bitcoin, I never would have been involved.

I ordered some and had $30 of Bitcoin left over, and started to watch it grow. Shortly after I invested about 440 into it and litecoin, and my investment turned into around 1200. I ended up selling some litecoin just to get my initial investment back, so now I'm free rolling with about 500 in my account.

So thanks seedsman, for opening the portal to crypto currencies for me. Wish I would have gotten in years ago when the stuff was almost worthless, I'd be a millionaire lol.

*DISCLAIMER* I know very very little about this crypto stuff, I'm not a professional trader. Just because it worked for me doesn't mean it will for everyone. Just wanted to share my story.

Anyone else invested?

Here's a pic of my bloody skunk auto to get back around to what this site is all about lol
    Last edited by Doubledealing72; 12-21-2017, 05:16 AM.
    Quadlining

Past Grows

I got in late with bitcoin, right after the last big jump. I bought 750$ worth with the idea of watching it carefully. I decided after it went up to where I had 830 to get my 750 back and just keep an eye on the 80. Wish I would’ve bought lite coin instead of the bitcoin when I did the 750 lol
    48”x48”x80” flower/main tent
    600w mh/hps
    32”x32”x63” veg tent
    viparspectra PAR 450 led
    FFOF soil, Fox farms nutes, raw silica
    5 gallon Smart Pots
    Current grow Aurora Indica, Girl Scout Cookies, Wonder Woman (all Nirvana)
    Current grow progress: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/159795-locrian99s-2nd-grow

Comment

• Doubledealing72
      Doubledealing72 commented
      Editing a comment
      I got ripple at 80 cents a share. A week before that it was less than a quarter *SMH* lol

• Locrian99
      Locrian99 commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s just so damn volatile. I kind of wanted to leave the 750 in there but I didn’t want to explain to the wife where the money went if I lost it lol. I figure if nothing else I can buy some seeds from Seedsman with what I’ve got and they’ll all be “free”

• Doubledealing72
      Editing a comment
      Yes, it's extremely volatile! I forgot to mention that in the original post lol

It's a roller coaster ride. You're not going to make any real money without risking a good chunk of change. Like you already stated it's very volatile but that's half the fun if you play with money you can afford to lose. I think it's a little late to jump into Bitcoin but at least 1 litecoin is worth having.
    Current grow:
    Strains: White Walker Kush Fem from DNA Genetics and Blue Afghan X Sour Diesel Fem from Stranger Seeds​​​

Medium: Kind Soil topped with Ocean Forest in 3.9gal autopots with a 12gal reservoir

Light: Horticulture Lighting Group HLG600H

Nutes: Plain PHd water

Area: 20in D x 36in W x 60in H Tent, 4" inline exhaust, 4" inline intake, and 6" circulation fan.

Methods: topping, LST, defoliation.

Germination: Dropped right in the soil

Comment

I bought a blockchain tech stock that went up 1750% in 3 days got out at 1000% up. It involved an app that pays for weed in Canada.

Comment

Today was brutal in the world of bitcoin but still up considerably from a month ago
        48”x48”x80” flower/main tent
        600w mh/hps
        32”x32”x63” veg tent
        viparspectra PAR 450 led
        FFOF soil, Fox farms nutes, raw silica
        5 gallon Smart Pots
        Current grow Aurora Indica, Girl Scout Cookies, Wonder Woman (all Nirvana)
        Current grow progress: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/159795-locrian99s-2nd-grow

Comment

• Doubledealing72
          Editing a comment
          My only theory is that it's close to Christmas and people are broke as fuck, so they are trying to cash in to get some money lol.

I'm not worried. It will probably come back lol

• Locrian99
          Locrian99 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yea might be a good time to buy. On my towns community Facebook page some gal is selling bitcoin certificates or something. Thought it was funny.

I had 400 in Bitcoin and during the thanksgiving sale I used it damn damn I had 10 left in it so maybe it 12 now lol
        new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
        current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          yup 15.04 lol but I have lots of free seeds

• Doubledealing72
          Editing a comment
          Damn, that's crappy man! When you bought $400 worth do you know what it was at? Or did you buy it during the Thanksgiving sale?

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanksgiving sale

Don't buy the currency buy the technology.

Comment

• Doubledealing72
          Editing a comment
          How do you do that? You mean like buy stock in the company?

Nevermind, I now see your other post on here lol. That's awesome man! I probably should!

So now bitcoin seems to be the preferred exchange at Seed companies. Not in it for the investment, only to acquire the seed...they seem to suggest coinbase. I have no freaking idea on using this. Would anyone here have experiences using it?

Comment

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes. You download the Coinbase app, set up your account info. They have to verify it if I remember correctly. Anyway, they charge a % off the bitcoin you buy. Once you have the coin you can purchase seeds. Choose bitcoin as your final method of payment. The seed company sends you a barcode to scan. Coinbase will send payment directly to the merchant directed through the bar code.

• Farmall
          Farmall commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Toker1, That simplifies it more than their tutorial....

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X