PH drops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PH drops

Been having plant problem on pH, I had a electronic pH checker, kept it cleaned,and well maintance on it, first thing I bought when I started growing,so I thought I would by a new one, used both same time , two different readings, what the hell, I sent off to get some pH drops, used all three the same time, both electronic had different readings, but the drops, was more better,with the color chart on the bottle, it took me long time to figure that out, use the pH drops

I use drops but my issue is that FF Big Bloom colors the water brownish so accurate reading is difficult after adding nutrients.
    DIY grow space 2.5' X 3.5' X 6.5'
    315 LEC
    6" Vortex exhaust fan w/speed control
    6" Carbon filter
    3- 6" fans
    humidifier
    temp and humidity gauge
    5 gal smart pots w/ FFOF soil
    FF trio nutrients

Comment

What you gonna do when your nutrients change your water color or molasses or several things change your water color, I wouldn't throw those meters away.
      Cfls for a week or two
      315lec for everything else
      Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

• Locrian99
        Locrian99 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yea after Big bloom, grow big and tiger bloom my water is a murky brown rendering drops worthless

Originally posted by jeff1961 View Post
      Been having plant problem on pH, I had a electronic pH checker, kept it cleaned,and well maintance on it, first thing I bought when I started growing,so I thought I would by a new one, used both same time , two different readings, what the hell, I sent off to get some pH drops, used all three the same time, both electronic had different readings, but the drops, was more better,with the color chart on the bottle, it took me long time to figure that out, use the pH drops
      Did you happen to calibrate them? They are suppose to come with calibration solution/mix.
      ~UrbZ~ Grow Big or Go Home!
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-torpedo-seeds

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/185330-urbz-second-grow-journal-3-strain-grow

Comment

First thing I am going to do,is keep reading on this site, and if I can't figure it out, I will go on this post and ask these good people that knows more than I do, right now that pH was my biggest problem, thank you

Comment

I haven't made that far, after the seedling, start to use hydroponic food, plants had problems all the time, electronic pH both readers, where way off, the drops had me at 4.3 pH , where else the electronic had me at 5.6 , the other one had me at. 6.1 pH, that's a big difference, all this time I was giving to much ph down, I not saying not to use electronic pH tester, but that's how I found my biggest problem

Comment

• Locrian99
            Locrian99 commented
            Editing a comment
            Get some calibration fluid it’s pretty cheap on amazon.

• UrbZ
            UrbZ commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes I agree. They should be calibrated. I've had an expensive one and a cheap for my aquarium. They were within .2 of each other every measurement. With a 40$ difference. Even the cheap ones work well if calibrated. Remember to always rinse it with distilled water after use. Tap and other water leave a build up on the sensors and affect it.

hey Jeff also if you let the sensers get dry then the meter is junk, I did that to a hanna meter I had.
          I know my water comes out of the tap between 7 and 7.3 when I put my meter if its off by anything I put it in calibration fluid and recalibrate it,its one of those things that is absolutely necessary good luck
          new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
          current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Good Morning Jeff, I feel ya on those Meters..lol.. I will agree with everyone here that meters are invaluable, especially if you are new to cultivation and using anything other than soil (still useful for soil though).

However I will say that I am a bit of madman, non-conformist and I have started using the drops only. It is a bit of a learning curve, however being able to see the lighter tints of yellow, i.e. is it yellow with a green tint or yellow with a orange tint, is a must and if your nutrients wont allow you to see those colors, you are in the dark.. I have a bit of experience though and I really listen to the ladies as to what they are telling me and take mental notes as to what the pH color was and build upon that knowledge.

FYI, for those that may not know this, we can take some ground up Tumeric add in just a little distilled water, mix up good and we can use it to tell if our nutrient solution is over a pH of 7. Yes it does NOT tell us anything else, however if you are in a pinch it works. Add a few drops of the Tumeric to a small sample of solution and if it turns any sort of orange-red, we know it has a pH over 7..

The Meters rock when taken care of and calibrated I personally dont like being dependent upon it and thus my goal of being independent of one...

Good luck..
            “It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it.”
            ~ Upton Sinclair

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X