Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dontknownuttin
    replied
    I wonder if these seed stores use old improperly stored seeds as freebies in per motions..

Leave a comment:

• dontknownuttin
    replied
    Well, its been 7 days and only (1) of my free Bonza seeds sprouted out of 5! 1 out of 5? not good All failed seeds were the freebies I got from Bonza with my order. Today, I replaced 3 of the failed seeds with 3 of the ones I paid for. Electricity is expensive I must secede with this grow. After all you should see something in 7 days. I didnt even get a tap root in 7 days out with the old in with new! WISH ME LUCK!
    Last edited by dontknownuttin; 12-09-2017, 01:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dontknownuttin
    replied
    Day 4!

Leave a comment:

• dontknownuttin
    replied
    Originally posted by aloner View Post
    come on boss, you've done this before -- you know the drill. P-a-t-i-e-n-c-e !
    yea i know wax on wax off i get it!

Leave a comment:

• St.buds
    commented on 's reply
    So i no freezing seeds is not a good way to store them but you kept yours in the fridge is this to further preserve the seeds ? Have u had any issues doing this?

• Aloner
    replied
    Come on boss, you've done this before -- you know the drill. P-A-T-I-E-N-C-E !

Leave a comment:

• dontknownuttin
    replied
    So, far only two (2) of my seeds have popped out of 3! they were put in only 3 days ago, so I guess they still have some time

Leave a comment:

• dontknownuttin
    replied
    Today, I noticed 2 of my 3 seeds have germinated its been only 3 days the other one may pop as well who knows

Leave a comment:

• dontknownuttin
    replied
    Another day and still nothing showing! I hope these seeds germinate.

Leave a comment:

• dontknownuttin
    replied
    Still nothing to report!

Leave a comment:

• Sockfilter
    replied
    DKN, Have you ever had any major pH shifts with running pure R/O at your 4 TDS? Back in the day when I was running 4x4 trays of flood and drain, R/O worked great as I only had to test the rez every couple of days and very easy to keep in a 5.5-6.5 range. However now that I am running just a couple of coco's in 3 gal pots drain to waste, I notice that pH'ing has been a choir for me with testing every gallon jug I make up as well as the runoff, due to shifting pH.

So with that being said, I got fed up with the meters due to constant maintenance and calibration and got an 8oz bottle of GH pH indicator solution. With my R/O at 14 TDS (bad well water) and mixed in nutes, no matter how long I let the jug set, my sample comes to a nice yellow with a hint of orange (being mindful of what colors are behind the sample vial) and speculate about a pH of 5.8ish. Since I like the pH to shift a bit for the best nutrient profiles uptake, it really does not bother me that I dont know the "Spot On" pH reading. HOWEVER after a few mins of the test vial sitting still, the color changes to a yellow with slight green tint to it, still ok as I speculate that to be in the 6.3ish range. I dont understand why this transpires with my raw R/O. My R/O sits in a 5gal jug until I am ready to collect so it has had time to absorb CO2 and drop down to a 5.5ish range.

Now if I take my raw R/O and add back in about 90ml of the pure well per gallon jug, I bring the TDS up to 30-40ish (Buffering). When I do the same process as mentioned above, my color comes out to a yellow with slight green tint, back to 6.3ish, if the vial sits for a few mins the color remains stable and I can add in some diluted phosphoric acid to get the 5.8ish I am looking for.

So I suppose my question for you or anyone reading this with the experience, Do you buffer your R/O and if not, how to deal with crazy pH shifts, while using only gallon jugs of nutes and a pH indicator liquid instead of a meter. Then again since you are running DWC, may be a non-issue for you..

Thanks and good vibes on your grow..

Leave a comment:

• dontknownuttin
    replied

Leave a comment:

• dontknownuttin
    replied
    Bulb will turn on when I see green or should I say IF I see green

Leave a comment:

• Aloner
    commented on 's reply
    Won't be long now!

• dontknownuttin
    replied
    12/2 seeds are in net pots tent turned on about 3 months to go!

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X