3 more beans out of the fridge!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 more beans out of the fridge!

Took 3 more beans out of cold storage to warm up. I am at it once again!. These beans are all autos of unknown strains a surprise package for sure!. All were free add ons from a earlier and SUCCESSFUL seed buy so I dont expect much.. I will once again be using DWC for this grow to accelerate harvest time. My bulb for vegitation will be a 400 watt 10K MH and the flowering bulb will be 600 watt HPS.Today, I am wiping down the grow area using a mix of Peroxide and H2O for sanitation. Could be why I haven't had any mold or insect trouble yet in any of my grows I dont know. Anyway germination should follow shortly and also some photos of my (if any) progress.
    Last edited by dontknownuttin; 12-01-2017, 01:09 PM.

Well, after a overnight warm up my seeds are as ready to try to germinate. I first have to wipe all grow area with a mix of Peroxide of 3% strength and water.I am using 1oo% R.O. water for this grow with a PPM of 4 or so , Fox Farm Treo newt.mix and CalMag. All grow medium will be Rockwell and stone. I am starting out using a 400 watt 10K MH bulb for vegetation and flower using a 600 watt HPS bulb.
    Last edited by dontknownuttin; 12-01-2017, 04:15 AM.

Comment

• St.buds
      St.buds commented
      Editing a comment
      So i no freezing seeds is not a good way to store them but you kept yours in the fridge is this to further preserve the seeds ? Have u had any issues doing this?

• bluecanoe
      bluecanoe commented
      Editing a comment
      where in the fridge do you keep your seeds? I threw mine in the crisper drawer with the veggies. Should they be in just the fridge or crisper drawer? I can adjust the humidity on both of my crispers...one I keep cheese in the other is for celery, carrots and things. Which is better? From my last batch of seeds I germinated 2, one didn't take so I germinated another and it took, but I want to know if I have the seeds in the right place.

• Pyro1711
      Pyro1711 commented
      Editing a comment
      I leave my seeds in the bubble envelope they get mailed in, then put in the butter drawer on the door of my fridge.. I'm sure the crisper drawer is a good spot too....

Hey DKN how have you been I just started 4 jack herer they went in root riots yesterday I'm in good luck
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Morning DKN, glad your back, I've got 4 different autos germinating right now too. Maybe I'll be lucky enough to get 1 to live, the humidity is so low right now where I live, its perfect for my flowering plants, buts it's killer for seedlings, Good Luck with yours.

Sanitation complete! Load with water and rocks, and its ready to go!

Comment

400 watt 10KMH bulb installed!

Comment

Bulb and air pump tested good! will check the other pump when water is present

Comment

Res. filled with PHed RO water Cal Mag only added at 1 TS per Gal. Water pump tested as well as air. all looks good for Germination! LIFT OFF TIME!!!!

Comment

• Paracelsus
            Paracelsus commented
            Editing a comment
            Hello DKN, I DNK too LOL
            Please tell me whats RO water? Have you ever had to lift/raise your Hydro Reservoir when it was full (because two plants had different hight) Is that possible or would you have to do a water change and move it while it's empty?
            Thanks very much

12/2 seeds are in net pots tent turned on about 3 months to go!

Comment

• Aloner
            Aloner commented
            Editing a comment
            Won't be long now!

Bulb will turn on when I see green or should I say IF I see green

Comment

Comment

• Pyro1711
              Pyro1711 commented
              Editing a comment
              What the heck are they making?

DKN, Have you ever had any major pH shifts with running pure R/O at your 4 TDS? Back in the day when I was running 4x4 trays of flood and drain, R/O worked great as I only had to test the rez every couple of days and very easy to keep in a 5.5-6.5 range. However now that I am running just a couple of coco's in 3 gal pots drain to waste, I notice that pH'ing has been a choir for me with testing every gallon jug I make up as well as the runoff, due to shifting pH.

So with that being said, I got fed up with the meters due to constant maintenance and calibration and got an 8oz bottle of GH pH indicator solution. With my R/O at 14 TDS (bad well water) and mixed in nutes, no matter how long I let the jug set, my sample comes to a nice yellow with a hint of orange (being mindful of what colors are behind the sample vial) and speculate about a pH of 5.8ish. Since I like the pH to shift a bit for the best nutrient profiles uptake, it really does not bother me that I dont know the "Spot On" pH reading. HOWEVER after a few mins of the test vial sitting still, the color changes to a yellow with slight green tint to it, still ok as I speculate that to be in the 6.3ish range. I dont understand why this transpires with my raw R/O. My R/O sits in a 5gal jug until I am ready to collect so it has had time to absorb CO2 and drop down to a 5.5ish range.

Now if I take my raw R/O and add back in about 90ml of the pure well per gallon jug, I bring the TDS up to 30-40ish (Buffering). When I do the same process as mentioned above, my color comes out to a yellow with slight green tint, back to 6.3ish, if the vial sits for a few mins the color remains stable and I can add in some diluted phosphoric acid to get the 5.8ish I am looking for.

So I suppose my question for you or anyone reading this with the experience, Do you buffer your R/O and if not, how to deal with crazy pH shifts, while using only gallon jugs of nutes and a pH indicator liquid instead of a meter. Then again since you are running DWC, may be a non-issue for you..

Thanks and good vibes on your grow..
            “It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it.”
            ~ Upton Sinclair

Comment

Still nothing to report!

Comment

Another day and still nothing showing! I hope these seeds germinate.

Comment

Today, I noticed 2 of my 3 seeds have germinated its been only 3 days the other one may pop as well who knows

Comment

So, far only two (2) of my seeds have popped out of 3! they were put in only 3 days ago, so I guess they still have some time

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X