No announcement yet.

First indoor grow - Swiss Cheese & Amnesia Haze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 89: Flower day 21: Did some additional defol under the canopy and also a bit at the top where both plants were crossing each other. I tried to thin out any areas that were really overlapping and then tucked the rest as best I could. There seems to be better airflow now.

Comment

• Dutchman1
      Dutchman1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Are the exhale bags still working? How long have they been up ?

• gdogfunkly
      gdogfunkly commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, they are working. I only put them in the tent 30 days ago, so they are still ramping up. The bags are all white now compared to mostly brown when I put them in.

Day 90: Flower day 22: the smell is absolutely amazing when I open the tent now. There are visible trichomes on the sugar leaves and they seem to be responding well to the two days of defoliation. Today was a URB, cal-mag and mammoth p watering day. I'm excited to see how the buds develop from here. Hopefully, they get huge and sticky!

Comment

• Dutchman1
      Dutchman1 commented
      Editing a comment
      A sea of buds !

Day 91: Flower day 23: Flowers are looking to be forming nicely across the entire canopy. The smell is so sweet when I open the tent, holy moly. I can't imagine not having air filtration!! I tucked a few fans, but that was about it. I forgot I raised the light to about 17" away. They had grown into the canopy and were at 15.75" away from the light and I thought that was getting a touch too close. Maybe they were fine, but I figured better to give them room to grow into it if they liked it that close.

Comment

Day 92: Flower day 24: I thought there was something wrong when I opened the tent tonight before I watered. I looked down and thought I saw leaf discoloration. Nope, trichomes on the fan leaves!!! I've never seen crust forming like this so early on a plant outdoors. This is amazing and very fun to watch! I went ahead and skipped week 11 nutes and fed week 12 nutes (they are the same, but since Swiss Cheese finishes 4 weeks earlier, I am trying to keep similar nute schedules until AH surpasses the schedule).

Comment

Day 93: Flower day 25: Not much to report today, but the trichomes continue to pile on and they smell so damned good when I open the tent. A sweet sweet smell. But the rub a branch and it's an overwhelmingly foul smell….delicious!

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Absolutely beautiful, my friend. I bet it does smell like Heaven in there !!!

Day 94: Flower day 26: Today was URB/Cal-mag/Mammoth P day and fed a gallon to each plant. The humidity is around 57% today and I'm doing my best to keep it under 60%. I may have to kick up the inline fan speed even more and see if that helps dry it out a bit more.

Comment

Day 95: Flower day 27: Swiss cheese seems to be getting taller buds than Amnesia Haze, but AH has larger buds all around. While both are packing on trichomes, SC seems to be looking more like cheese. The smell is so pungent now. I am near the high end of the RH range with the inline just into the high range of the variable controller. I may need to bump it up a bit more or give in and open a flap on the tent. So far, so good! The buds are relatively small, I sure hope they grow taller and fatten up like all of the other scrogs I see online lol

Comment

• Dutchman1
            Dutchman1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Your not even half way through flower. Plenty of time to fatten up. Your patience will be rewarded.

Day 96: Flower day 28: Both plants are focusing on flowers. The smell is outrageous and I think I have the humidity under control for now. I keep looking under the canopy and marveling that this huge canopy is only two plants!! I am really looking forward to seeing how big these buds become over time. I wish my friend was around to see my progress. I'll smoke one for him when it's cured and ready.

Comment

Looks great, gdog!! 20 yr bagseed?? Wow! Back in jan of 16, I ran into an old friend i had worked with a few yrs before. Turned out he lived a mile away. He taught me about this "newfangled" way of growing weed. He showed me a book by jorge cervantes..showed me about monkey bizzness! Told me about cloning.thought he was kiddin. When spring came..we ordered seeds together from the uk. June 1st..we planted. My outdoor grow did really well but halfway through, they found cancer in his lower back. He was gone in a month..at 45. Its a beautiful day here in fla and I wish ol Andy could see my first indoor grow. Good friends always plant seeds, dont they? Your grow looks great! Lets raise a cold beer and celebrate our sharing friends saying," these buds are for you!!

Comment

• PaganRich
              PaganRich commented
              Editing a comment
              Sorry for your loss Wade. That is a brutally young age to go, mate. I use a UK seed bank as well....Gorilla Seeds which operates out of a warehouse in sunny Weston Super Mare which is a dump...but they are excellent and give lots of freebies. Very, very discreet by the way. Do recommend

• gdogfunkly
              gdogfunkly commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I have my pint held high, cheers! I'll have to check out that book by Jorge Cervantes. Yeah, that bagseed still looks very viable and after a surprise plant with purple pistils, I may have to invest in a third tent just to grow a bunch of bagseed until I find another one of those purple ladies and get some clones going

Day 97: Flower day 29: Not much to report today, but I am continuously amazed at the amount of sugar already. Even on the fan leaves, I see trichomes! Everything looks healthy as can be!

Comment

• Dutchman1
              Dutchman1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Just get em to harvest !!!!

Day 98: Flower day 30: Fed URB/cal-mag/mammothP today. We have had some rainy weather lately and the humidity is climbing up again. It smells like a sweet pungent jungle in there!

Comment

Day 99: 67% humidity today. Yikes! I had to kick on the dehumidifier set to 35% on high. Seems to be helping, so far. The tent just reeks and I love it!! Some of the buds have some amazing sugar coating already!

Comment

• Dutchman1
                Dutchman1 commented
                Editing a comment
                So many buds, that's what I'm hoping for with mine.

That's from a week ago or so.

Comment

• gdogfunkly
                gdogfunkly commented
                Editing a comment
                Looks great! Are you going to put a screen over them?

• Dutchman1
                Dutchman1 commented
                Editing a comment
                No, 5 plants in a two plant area so no scrog this time just lst and a little super cropping. So much competition for light they are a little leggy.

Day 100: Flower day 32: Fed week 13 nutes today which swaps out bud candy for Sour Dee. 1400ppm with 6.2pH going in. They are glistening more and more. I was pretty surprised how much sugar is on the fan leaves. Starting to look magazine quality lol

Comment

Day 101: Flower day 33: Trichomes, trichomes, trichomes, everywhere! It's so nice to see so much glitter with so much time left to go. I'm finding myself getting on my knees and just inhaling the buds up close and just staring at the scrog for long periods of time lol

Comment

• Dutchman1
                  Dutchman1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That is bud city right there !

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X