No announcement yet.

First indoor grow - Swiss Cheese & Amnesia Haze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 49: happy new year! Plants continue to bush out and are almost touching the screen now. I was able to move one leaf set to another square.

Comment

Day 50: The ladies are just about to the screen and I've lowered the light slightly to get a little closer. With my LST, I was a couple inches out of the 24" range. Set the light to 22" above, so we will see how they respond. Also got my method seven glasses and I can see the plants way better than the other glasses I was using. Took this pic through the method seven lens and it has much better color representation than the cheapos I had.
      Last edited by gdogfunkly; 01-03-2018, 05:51 PM.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Man your plants look nice, that's a cool picture with those method glasses.

• gdogfunkly
        gdogfunkly commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, D.A.A.S.69! It's really getting fun now!

Day 51: Fed URB and cal-mag this morning. Came home from work and checked my LST wires and most branches were pulling at the growth tips, so I decided to let them all loose and grow towards the light. Bumped up the light a couple of clicks and gave a foliar cal-mag spray. Forgot to take my pic first, so that's why they are wet. Also took a couple of leaves from the deep bottom and accidentally ripped a growth node off at the end of a branch. Oooops. The plants are soooo thick! It was difficult to get to the stem for a photo. These babes are dense!! I'm not sure if I should be defoliating at this point or just let them go for now?

Comment

Day 52: Gave morning URB foliar spray and tucked a few branches. Moved a few branches this evening and removed a couple of deep fan leaves. The stems are just so thick for the size of the plant. So awesome! Really nice growth overnight/today. I'll know in about a week if I need to veg for a 9th week. I know Amnesia Haze is 70 sativa, so I suspect I'm in for some stretch and need to leaf some room (har har, get it?) in the screen. I'm thinking I'll need to send branches toward the other plant if the stretch goes crazy. The smell is soooooo pungent when I open the tent. I rubbed the stems and smelled my fingers and holy moly what an overpoweringly wonderful smell.

Comment

• Dutchman1
          Dutchman1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Plants look great. 8 weeks veg is plenty. What are you waiting for to flip to 12/12? Id trim a little before the flip and then at 3 weeks flower.

• gdogfunkly
          gdogfunkly commented
          Editing a comment
          Dutchman1, Thanks! I'm just trying to maximize my screen for the maximum yield. From all of my reading, the consensus is that I need 40-70% of the screen filled before switching. Since I've never scrogged before and Nebula's scrog tut even says you pretty much have to under do it and overdo it in veg to figure out what the correct veg time is. I suspect I'll get more stretch from the one plant over the other. Tomorrow completes the 7th week from sprout, so based on what I see remaining on the screen, one more week should give me enough growth to switch. I'd really rather have too much plant and have to trim a bit than not have enough. Especially after making it this far. Do you think it's ready for the flip now?

Day 53: growing nicely through the screen and had to do some tucking twice today. URB foliar spray and closed the vent flaps and installed a lower intake duct with several bends to prevent as much light leak as possible. Growth over the last 2 weeks is amazing. I'm thinking 8 weeks will be enough for veg. I'll know next week! Cal-mag foliar spray this evening.

Comment

Day 54: did some tucking and fed 2 gallons of week 6 nutes. Took all of both gallons with very little runoff. Roots must really be growing strong. Plants are extrmely healthy with huge knuckles at the stem nodes. Looks and smells amazing. Also gave final URB foliar spray.

Comment

Day 55: No more URB foliar spray as I am now 7 full weeks and Urb bottle says first 5-7 weeks. Did give a dose of cal-mag foliar spray this morning. Noticed what may be a couple of leaves with chew marks and one leaf from an under node was all chewed up. Not sure where it came from or why it's happening now, but may need to get a BT spray ASAP. Also did some defoliation of large fan leaves deep under the canopy. Took about 18 leaves total, hopefully will allow for additional airflow. Lots more tucking today and the screen is starting to fill up.

Comment

Day 56: This morning, I decided to continue URB foliar for the last week of veg. Tucked a bit more and gave a Cal-mag foliar spray this evening. Tops are growing up toward the light, so there was only a 21" distance from the top of the canopy. I pulled the light up 3 clicks to keep them from getting too close. I may raise the screen up slightly in the next day or two.

Comment

Keep it up !

Comment

Day 57: Fed URB and cal-mag this morning along with URB foliar spray. Raised the screen to 8" above the soil and fed cal-mag foliar spray.

Comment

• gdogfunkly
                    gdogfunkly commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks, D.A.A.S.69! The cal-mag bottle says 5ml/gal and to mix well and then adjust pH. For the cal-mag, I just use a regular spray bottle and give it a good spray down. If I can reach the underside of the leaves, I hit them there, too. I use 5ml/gal Cal-Mag in every watering and feeding since I'm using RO, but I use the foliar spray as well. The directions don't indicate rate of foliar use, but I give it daily to every other day cal-mag foliar spray. I use the Botanicare Cal-Mag Plus: https://www.amazon.com/Botanicare-CA...s=cal-mag+plus

For URB Natural: http://urbnatural.com/

This stuff is great! My friend had used it in the past and forgot about it and after I spent a fortune on a bottle of MammothP, I learned about URB and decided to try it instead of the MammothP. I contacted the company and they were helpful about all the questions I had. It's a microbial that is supposed to help your plants thrive from such healthy soil. I used 30ml/gal for the initial transplant, then I use 15ml/gal for every watering and feeding. I think I only skipped the URB on one or two waterings this entire grow. For the foliar spray, I use 10ml/gal in one of those pump misters for a finer spray. (I honestly don't see much difference in the mister over a regular spray bottle). They also suggest using 10ml/gal through the entire flush to help the plant get every last bit out of the soil. My friend is using it right now for his grow and he's having huge success with much larger and stable stem/root systems. When I ordered my jug, they were kind enough to include a couple of sample bottles to give away and a couple of other goodies.

I can't compare to MammothP yet, but I'm very happy with the health of my plants!

• D.A.A.S.69
                    D.A.A.S.69 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks man, that was alot of help, I use cal-mag ever water too.I've just never fed by spraying, but it must work pretty good.

• gdogfunkly
                    gdogfunkly commented
                    Editing a comment
                    @ D.A.A.S.69, I forgot to mention the cal-mag foliar mix ratio is 5ml/gal. For my feeding, they say 3-5ml, but I've been hitting them with 5ml/gal and so far, so good. Also, the foliar sprays are only for veg time and URB says foliar for the first 5-7 weeks. I'm extending it this extra veg week at my discretion. I guess for the best results, a foliar spray should be applied right after lights on, but I'm not that early of a riser to spray them at 6am haha

Thanks for your help Gdog, your plants are going to reward you for taking such good care of them come harvest.
                  Seems like when I sprayed the under side of my leaves, they really liked that.
                  Good Luck with yours Gdog, an thanks.
                  Cfls for a week or two
                  315lec for everything else
                  Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
                  36x36x63 inch tent.
                  6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
                  Smart pots
                  Molasses
                  Autoflowers

Comment

Day 58: Urb foliar spray this morning and cal-mag foliar this evening. The plant is growing up to the screen quickly and I was able to do a bit of tucking. I suspect by the weekend, I'll be getting close to flipping. I might veg a bit longer to make sure I fill up the screen enough.

Comment

Day 59: Urb foliar spray in the morning and cal-mag foliar this evening. Kind of in tuck mode waiting for the screen to fill up. Tomorrow is the last veg feeding if I flip on Sunday. Might need to wait until mid week or later to flip based on screen fullness. Exicting times, but I'm getting impatient and want to flower these babes!! They look and smell amazing. I've never seen bushes like this before! Today I added two bags of Exhale CO2 to see if I can further increase growth and yield.

Comment

• Trichomefarmer88
                      Trichomefarmer88 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You will like them bags! I haven't tried that brand name tho everyone else h has and they work great! I use a c02 bag from the U.K a smart bag... But been working great got my second one on the way! Best of luck

Day 60: Fed nute week 6 nutes 1 gallon per plant and then URB foliar spray. Tucked a little this morning and this evening before a Cal-mag foliar spray. I'm not sure how effective the foliar sprays are, but I'll stop them when I flip to flower soon. They are growing exponentially every day, I'm hoping to flip by Wednesday at this rate. That would be a full 60 days from sprout, but will need to see how much of the screen is left to fill. I'm wishing I hadn't chosen a 12-week plant to flower lol. 84 days...yeesh.

Comment

Day 61: I haven't touched the light height and the plants keep growing right up toward it, so I think the CO2 is slowly starting to work. That, or they are just growing strong as can be already. Fed URB foliar this morning and cal-mag foliar this evening. Tucked some of the tall shooters and patiently waiting for the screen to fill more. The flowering height for the light is 18" and the rising tops are about to the 20-21" range from the light, maybe a touch closer, but everything looks great, so I'm not going to touch it for now. I'm hoping some of the outer rim branches catch up. There's not quite enough growth to force them through a screen yet. If not, they might have to become clones to continue their lives.

Comment

• Dutchman1
                        Dutchman1 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Pretty Pretty.

• gdogfunkly
                        gdogfunkly commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks! But check out day 65!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X