No announcement yet.

Bugs and root rot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The soil should.always be dry go the first knuckle. I would slow.down on the h2o2
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

So if it's dry to the first knuckle but drenched at the bottom of the pot, what should I do? I'm afraid it will cause another problem of its own or cause root rot again?
      the plant was given to me so not to worried about it but I did just order seeds so I got to experiment to see what not to do at least for next time but I still want to save it if possible. My next plant will be auto anubis feminized so I think it will be easier to grow then this plant especially if I start off with a good nute routine. And so that I learn the actual cycle first hand. I'm definitely a hands on learner which will be costly for me but I'm doing pretty well for a rookie and this is my first try ever and I'm definitely going to continue, I love the challenge.

Comment

Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal-Mag Xtra Plant Nutrient, 250 mL https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00P8EVEHG..._2XEbAbAW4V2HW
        would this be good?

Comment

• Mr.furley
          Mr.furley commented
          Editing a comment
          I haven't used this one but I do believe several people long here do I'm sure it would work you just going to need some sort of calmag.

Most definitely deadhead 91, a lot of us Growers on here started out with bag seeds not 100% on strain. I was waiting on seeds when I pop a couple in from a bag I'm still growing it this will be my 4th plant from bag. its a good practice to make sure you got the system down before you try to grow expensive strain and hands on is the best way to learn.

if your pot is drying the first knuckle and is still wet at the bottom after two or three, four days you need better drainage. Make sure your pot is dry before watering again cannabis like oxygen around the roots so if the roots are constantly wet you drown them the best way to grow cannabis is wet ,dry ,wet ,dry in my opinion.

Comment

What do you recommend for the draining?

Comment

Smart pots/ fabric pots are a winwin in my book.
            Does water sit on top of your soil or run through? Do you have adequate holes in the bottom of your pot?that is a must and I suspect that your root rot came from overwatering or sitting in water for too long. When you pick up the pot it should be as lite as a feather when dry, and about 20lb+ when wet after watering.a 5 gal pot with 2 gals of water should dry out at 75f in 4 to 5 day max.

Comment

I'm just going to get a new pot better drain and switch to coco now sounds like my soil retains too much water it runs out the bottom but a lot stays at the bottom of the soil when top half is completely dry. And I don't think that fabric pot would be a good fit as I'm growing in my living room lol

Comment

Coco loco from bush doctor then Geopot
                GEO5GAL-HN GeoPot Plant Container with Handle, 5-Gallon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008TVECZQ..._s0FbAb55PWGHR
                I'll just get a huge plate collector so I can put it in my living room

Comment

So now that I'm switching to the coco mix do I need a different feeding regimen?

Comment

• Mr.furley
                    Mr.furley commented
                    Editing a comment
                    No keep with the soilless schedule I mentioned earlier I would drop the tiger bloom until you're ready to flower, but add cal mag. Make sure you keep a close eye on your runoff PH switching all this around.

• Mr.furley
                    Mr.furley commented
                    Editing a comment
                    BTW I grow in geopots, And I highly recommend them. 3 grows and counting, sturdy, had no problems.

Ok will do. So I'll transplant it next Thursday to the geopot with the bush doctor coco loco(doesnt arrive till thursday)
                  so I just fed it 2 days ago already with 3tsp of big bloom and 2tsp tiger bloom so with that being said. Should I go ahead and flush that on tuesday with your nute regimen?
                  5ml grow big
                  15ml Big bloom
                  3-5ml cal mag (arrives monday)
                  So this way it will be ready for transpanting to the coco on Thursday or should I just wait all together till thursday?some leaves are turning yellowish with green already post pic tonight when I get home to show progress.

Comment

• Mr.furley
                    Mr.furley commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Make sure it is as dry as can be, then your next watering should be a water only Ph flush. I like to water a day before transplanting so it's not dry but not soaking wet.

Ok so Wednesday I'll do a water flush then next day or so I'll transplant it to the new geopot with the coco loco when I do this should I start the feed right away or wait a few days? Also would be ok to add the cal mag with the water flush it needs it super badly

Comment

• Mr.furley
                    Mr.furley commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes add the cal calmag to your flush this time only, but don't over do it. Only add 4-5ml per gal. Of water if you over due it your plant can swing the other way fast.
                    Also cut that one big sick fan leaf off the top. It's time has come.

Also you should be spinning your pot a little from time to time, like 1/4 turn every couple of days.

Comment

Ok will do and thank you. You have no idea how much I appreciate your help. I'll keep you updated in a few days

Comment

Just checked run off it's murky brown before dye but when I add the dye to check the ph it was yellowish murky so I'm guessing it neutral or close to it

Comment

Here is an update I've been stabbing the drain holes daily with a screw driver to drain better so i got to do the flush with the sensi cal mag last night so a few days early. It was pretty dry but still waiting on the coco loco(comes thursday). With each order I get more reflection lol.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                        X