Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 5$ setup - ~4 weeks from seed

So guys..

Ive posted previously regarding a 5$ setup for growing, so thought to update the situation with you.

my baby was healthy for two weeks (from seed) until I started to recognise some light spots on some leaves, i asked my father (agricultur engineer) and he advised that it is leaf Septoria. Three leaves were infected.

I had no access to any store "due to job" to get any fungucide or any kind of treatment, so he advised me to try those following tricks "for further knowledgement":

1st leaf: cut the part infected of the leaf and leave the main vein unharmed
    2nd leaf: cut the infected part of the leaf with the main vein
    3rd leaf: use a cigarette to burn the infected area on the leaf

so the results were as following:
    1st: the leaf survived, still erected with good health.
    2nd: the infection kept spreading, had to remove the whole leaf.
    3rd: the leaf with perfect health, although the burnt area is marked/abit curled, leaf is growing.

yesterday ive noticed some of the new leaves tips started turning brown, guess it is light burn. So i got the lights few inches away.

see the attached photos

the plant so far is growing, abit slow but its fine, and i notice that it is staying short and bushy, guess thats good isnt it? And it seems that it is an indica or atleast mostly indica.

Please be free to leave any comment or advise (yes the container is relatively small, but thats all the soil i have access to. Gotta deal with it and get a small plant)
    Last edited by Tatoss; 10-15-2017, 06:34 PM.

Any updates Tatoss?
    My first grow

Comment

• GRAND
      GRAND commented
      Editing a comment
      I thought this was the update!??!? :/

• Tatoss
      Tatoss commented
      Editing a comment
      Update updated!

What led light are uv using how many Watts i kept mine 28 to 30 in away during veg worked perfect in flower start at 26 and go down 2 in a week till ur at 18 then stop and keep it at 18

Comment

• Tatoss
      Tatoss commented
      Editing a comment
      2 led lights (one blue the other red) 12 led watts each, 10-25cm away from the plants.

Jr you didn't say what wattage your lights were and that makes a difference ,I started my lightmetal 300 watt leds at 24 inches then when I saw the autos stretching I lowered to 18 that burned them so up to 20 perfect. I started another batch of autos and put the lights at 18 to start with hardly any stretch at all, so the wattage does have an effect , just passing on experience JR didn't mean anything by my comment
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• Jr83
      Jr83 commented
      Editing a comment
      No offense taken I've seen ur posts ur knowledge is important the only way to keep experience and knowledge is to pass it on im totally ok with any advice joke or anything thank u for ur service sir

Pardon me for my non-actuvity, we've been crossing the ocean for a while hahaha, I'm aboard still.
    anyway, there are some pictures of my baby, which is looking fabulous so far, smells awesome (citrussish) and its covered with trichomes and sticky as hell!! ♡♡♡

I applied LST training as well as some pruning, thata all.
    Now she is withing the 8th week of flowering (total 42 days in veg stage, I'm very restricted in the room so it grew abit midgetty xD)

I used mixes of distilled water, bottled drinking water (with nutrients already) and NPK 18-18-18 depends on the need.

Comment

• Aloner
      Aloner commented
      Editing a comment
      Fantastic!

Shit is amazing under ur conditions. Have u added more light since original post???

Comment

• Tatoss
      Tatoss commented
      Editing a comment
      No extra lights added, FYI im on 11/13 light schedule since i started flowering.

As i mentioned in my first post, I'm using 2 LED one blue the other red (12 led watts each) and im keeping them on a different distance ( in veg i kept the blue closer, in flowering the red), but mostly they're 10-25 cm away from the plant at all time.

the crop consists of 1 main cola, 2 mid size buds and aplenty of popcorn buddlets alongside the main stem, i did prune most of the fan leaves (the plant was too bushy for its small size), and as i mentioned, im mixing 3 types of water depends on the need for watering/feeding.

Though, now some of the leaves started to yellow, but I guess it is normal where it is at the 8th week of flowering now.

i will be staring to flush by the next week, and harvest at 10 weeks in flowering, (new year's eve), i guess that will be sufficient, ill keep you guys updated, Thank youuuu ♡♡♡

Comment

• Tatoss
      Tatoss commented
      Editing a comment
      It is my first grow ever, so yah, i might lack the precision of harvest time, ill take your advise guys and prospond flushing for a week or 2 more ♡♡♡

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello Tatoss, yeah man your doing a great job, for your first MJ plant, I'm thinking about getting a few of those lights to add to the sides of my pots. Your lights look like they are doing fine job.
      You need to order one of those jewellers loupes from Nebula ,that's on Amazon, they aren't but about 10-12 bucks, then you will be able to see the colors on those beautiful trichs, your plants growing, when you see Amber your getting close to harvest. Good Luck with everything Tatoss,

• Tatoss
      Tatoss commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks so much DAAS69, unfortunately im onboard now, but for sure i will get the microscope for the next grow, my next will not be bag seeds as same as this one, i got some master kush from nirvana, its for the next trip. Where it will be abit more sophesticated, ill go for manifolding method with that.

I forgot to mention that i applied a homemade yeast/sugar CO2 generator along the way aswell, i believe that gave my plant a boost.

The plant looks good for the wattage of light I did a side project with cfl total 138 watts at flower two tiny lst plants yielded 22.6 grams total I'm curious to see what u get

Comment

• Tatoss
      Tatoss commented
      Editing a comment
      Thats awesome xD
      Ill keep u guys updated, though i might not be able to weigh the harvest since i got no meter hahahaha

Update (week 9 flowering):

Ive noticed that the main cola as same as one other bud are growing faster and bigger than the others, mostly because they're closer to the light, so what I did is:
    - I bent both of branches abit down to pevel them with a third one
    - got the blue light abit closer and the red abit far
    - removed 2 small leaves was shading the buds on the main stem
    - I lollipopped a branch (leaves and popcorns), not sure of the result but ill keep it under observation, although i did it yesterday, Ive noticed a significant growth in the size of the bud, either it is from the lollipopping or because i got the blue light abit closer, or maybe both.
    - i removed the CO2 home generator and today i fertilized for the last time, ill be going with bottled water for a week or two (which includes some nutrients) then ill be flushing with distilled pure water.

there are some photos ♡

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello Tatoss, what an awesome job, all you used was 24 watts total,? A red one an a blue one ?

• Tatoss
      Tatoss commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, 12 watts each, theyre pretty weak but enough for this :3
      Last edited by Tatoss; 12-25-2017, 02:43 AM.

Looking good! Dnt get in a rush and harvest early u came this far alrdy let it finish up. Hey so since this weed is grown at sea does tht make it sea weed lol

Comment

• Tatoss
      Tatoss commented
      Editing a comment
      Coincedense? I think not. Illuminati!!!!! HAHAHAHA

• St.buds
      St.buds commented
      Editing a comment
      Hahaha I knew it

Dear fellas, I know Ill get some critisizes regarding my abit-early-harvesting, but the thing is im so restricted in time, where I do have to sign off

harvest day

Comment

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X