Need a new PH meter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a new PH meter

hello everyone I have a problem my pH meter stoped working last night, it turns on and all but the numbers just ain't right , I did the calibration like I always do and the numbers was not right it's been 2 years I have this PH meter , i was thinking about getting the same one but I also would like a different one so if anyone out there knows of a good pH meter can you please let me know thank you

I got mine off Amazon for around $15. It's been on since day one, I have only had to calibrate it once so far. It's a yellow one with a black cap. I'll find the link
    Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

I bought one that mcubed has and a different one that way i know if they read the same then the reading is right
    DWC/hydroton clay pellets600w digital/dimmable ballast,
    250w MH veg,400w HPS flowering,floratrio nute schedule ,48*32*60 grow tent,
    current grow: feminized blue wizard
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...c-grow-journal

Comment

Little, how much has your PH changed in the two years you've use the PH meter. I've been using the same water source for 10 years and the PH has never changed. I have my own well. So when my PH meter died about 2 years ago, I went with Litmus Paper and it served me just fine.

Comment

• Little
        Little commented
        Editing a comment
        The ph in the water is the same it's been the same for the longest and I know about how much PH down I have to put but I like to be on point and I do DWC my PH be changing so I like to check it every day to make sure it's ok and I like to check the run off water in my coco so I do need a PH meter to have things on point ,,

• kingfish
        kingfish commented
        Editing a comment
        I see your point.

Litmus paper - I use the bluelab meter, but also have litmus paper in case.
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• kingfish
        kingfish commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm curious Canuck. How often has your PH changed ?

• Canuck147
        Canuck147 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm not on a well - after a rainfall I have seen pH got over 8,0. It rains a bit in the Pacific Northwest, so that's why I test it. Lately it's been real good - after adding all the nutes, usually around 6.0

• kingfish
        kingfish commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow, that's a lot.

The yellow pH meter that was shown here can break easily. That's because if you sink it for an instant on the water or even if the security line it's a bit below the water level it can oxidate the entire system in like a few hours. Had two of these and recently bought the third, watch out for the water inside of it, almost a week on a tupperware with rice and nothing so far. The vendor told me to put a sample of the water on a coffee cup and test the pH there to reduce those risks and just like that my problem's solved!! Anyway, thought it could be usefull to someone in here who owns one.

Cheers!

Comment

• Little
        Little commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey thank u for the advice , I already ordered one for 45 almost like the one I had it's water resistant, and shows the water temp it's a lot like my old one but just a little cheaper

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X