"Blue wizard" first dwc grow journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Blue wizard" first dwc grow journal

Alright so this is my first grow in dwc she is a feminized blue wizard plant about one month old today i put her seed in the rooter on 06\15\17 she sprouted above ground about 9 hours later she took off like magic im useing a 600w mh bulb running on a 600w dimmable ballast the bulb is running on 250w setting imma bumb it to 400w during flowering and switch to HPS bulb im running the top fed dwc with the GH floratrio for nutes and 2mL of hydrogaurd per gallon running abour between 1.5mL to 2.5mL of the floramicro and floragro per/gallon and going on 1mL to 1.5 mL per gallon of florabloom i have 2 large airstones res temps holding between 75 max and 65+ at night dureing dark period shes growing nicely but slowly mostly my fault tho so not to worried sence iv corrected the problem but shes going great any advice and any pointers on something i could do better or see something im doing wrong let me know
    Blue wizard feminized
    Last edited by Graff420; 07-16-2017, 01:10 AM.
    DWC/hydroton clay pellets600w digital/dimmable ballast,
    250w MH veg,400w HPS flowering,floratrio nute schedule ,48*32*60 grow tent,
    current grow: feminized blue wizard
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...c-grow-journal

Comment

• allmyown
      allmyown commented
      Editing a comment
      Looking beautiful there Graff420

I don't know what else you could do cuz she looks awesome! I've never down DWC before and my stems are usually a bit thicker in the coco medium I'm using but she looks to be standing straight and tall and her leaves look perfect. IMHO whatever you're doing_ don't change anything, except your nutrients once you switch to 12/12.
    You're a great dad_ give your kids the attention they need to grow healthy and strong_ cheers! Looking forward to seeing more pics once you change to 12/12....in about 2 weeks from now?

Comment

• Graff420
      Graff420 commented
      Editing a comment
      I must top her first but not sure when exactly the best time is but ill probably start florwing within the month as long as she keeps getting stronger

Most people recommend toping back to just above the third node, once the plant has developed to the 5th node. This provides a good "trunk" to support the load. I've done this before and it worked well but probably slowed things down 5-7 days or so, but well worth it in the end.
    I've also toped plants above the fourth node once it was well developed. This didn't seem to slow things down at all.
    I think if I decide to try a manifold next time I'm going to try the proven method since it will provide a stronger base and keep the center of gravity lower.
    I haven't tried topping any plants more than 2X yet. Have you thought about FIMing? It won't provide the same balanced division you'll get from topping but it will provide more plant to train with LST once things really get going. Have Fun!

Comment

• Graff420
      Graff420 commented
      Editing a comment
      I was thinking of fiming but everybody says pinch it off but as i have no nails pinching it is impossible but i know topping i can uses my trimmers to do the trick but does the single finger nodes count as a node i should count when i top or to i stat from the next one up because if the single finger leaves node counts then imma deffinatly top above the 4th because everything under my third node is dead the single finger leaves and the first pair of 3 finger leaves both died when the res temps rose up

Really nice job G420 , Beautiful plant .

Comment

Here is the greatest shot i got of her node growth in one pic let me know if shes to early to top or not

Comment

• Joker
        Joker commented
        Editing a comment
        It's not too early, ready to be topped.

• Graff420
        Graff420 commented
        Editing a comment
        Should i top at third or forth node i know the bottom 2 nodes are pretty much dead but imma try to manifold her from the GWE site

Im thingking the best thin to do is top her right above the 4th node where her lowest healthest fan leaves are or do you guys think them 3 finger fan leaves can power the growth of my colas im talking about the ones under the 4 finger fan leaves

Comment

Topped her today any pointers on how fast she show rebound and any problems to look for as a result of it not sure if dwc is different than soil with what happens from topping

Comment

She seems to be doing great acter the topping no stunted growth and pretty much she seems to be already Trying to focus all her attention to the 2 new main colas which were just barely able to be seen yesterday but now they and growing big with the stems gaining some length today also ill put up some pics in a little bit

Comment

Here some pics of her now i think shes doing good i think i shoulda waited a few days to let the 2 colas grow out first but wroking with 5 ft of space i didnt think to buy taller lmao but shes only 7 inches tall now so im hopeing to get them 2 colas to grow out manifold them once they are long enough to LST and pull the away from the center to make my 8 colas

Comment

• Graff420
              Graff420 commented
              Editing a comment
              Cbtw can anyone answer this for me i have a 600w dimmable ballast running a 600w mh bulb at 250w do i treat it like a 250w light or a 600w light now sure on the answer to my question trying to see if anyone else knows

• Graff420
              Graff420 commented
              Editing a comment
              Iight nvm i got my question answered elsewhere

7/16/17 update 2 days after topping shes showing tons of new root growth and the roots have tripled in size sence topping she is pushing them 2 new growth tips out slowly but as to be exspected but shes still seeming to move much faster at getting colas growing than many plants iv encountered
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Graff420; 07-16-2017, 08:26 PM.

Comment

• allmyown
              allmyown commented
              Editing a comment
              Looking really really good....amazing right! I did my first topping using GWE guide my last grow, and i got 4 main colas on 1 plant and 2 main colas on the other. but those colas sprout out fast......one reason i wont grown plants in the same reservoir anymore is the roots get tangled, and when you have to remove a plant , you can not help but damage the roots of the other plants

• Graff420
              Graff420 commented
              Editing a comment
              Im gonna go for 12colas on this sence it is the only plant in the tent right now imma try the manifold her and keep the 2 node the recommend cutting off on the GWE site and imm see how she goes oh yea her roots have blown up sence iv toped her i have no idea how that was related to the roots but the have all gotten 4 times bigger than they were in 2 days now

Here is here roots now in the picture the root on the let in the water went from about 4in to 14in and the one on the right behind the feed tube went from like 2 inchs to 10 in the past 2 days cant wait for the rest to hit the res water and take off to power my plant

Comment

Anyone know the reason a plant puts out 4 finger leaves lmao kinda stupid but cant get a stright answer on google

Comment

• Graff420
                Graff420 commented
                Editing a comment
                Btw is it bad if the PH isnt fluctuating at all??

My ph in is 6 and after 7 days it is still 6 my plants shoe zero sign of any issues
              It's 4:19 u got a minute?

Current grow
              2 x 4 x 5 tent
              315 cmh
              RDWC
              1 blueberry
              Technaflora nutrients
              Completed grows
              Strawberry kush 4 week veg 65 day flower 1.5 oz

Comment

Yea mine starts at 5.9 and it finally flutuated to 6.0 even when i top off with phed water at 5.7 just nothing sits at 6.0 and never moves been about 2 weeks now that it hasent moved so idk just wanted to make sure its not a problem because i though it was soposed to fluctuate between 5.6 and 6.4 for the best results

Comment

• Daskahn
                  Daskahn commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Generally when it does flutuate in mine it goes down not up.. best ph is 6.2 btw (for calcium intake)

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X