• Show
Clear All

Decarboxylator machine

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	442.8 KB
ID:	134555

After all the research I've done over the past few weeks about how to preserve terpenes and the most efficient ways of medicating, I stumbled across this machine, which I had seen some years back, before I started growing.

I have been searching and searching for a method of decarbing without losing terpenes and cannabinoids; everyone disagrees about what temperature is correct for decarbing, how long to decarb for, whether a long slow process at a lower temperature is better or worse, etc. My head was spinning from the lack of consensus.

After I read about how the Nova works, I ordered one; it won't arrive until the end of October, but I have found exactly what I was looking for. I can put whole buds in there; no damage to the trichomes. It will preserve the percentages of cannabinoids.

Once the herb comes out of this machine, I can put a small piece under my tongue and feel almost immediate effects because sub-lingual is the fastest delivery. This machine will allow less herb to go much farther and pack a more powerful punch. I can make capsules with the whole food. I don't have to use any more heat unless I choose to vape or smoke. I don't have to worry about setting my house on fire using Everclear on a gas stove. I will still love to pass the joint around with friends, but now I understand how much of the good stuff is lost when you ignite the herb: this became pretty clear to me after I started my "leafy greens in the morning" experiment.

Best of all, I don't have to lose a single terpene. So the synergy will be whole and more powerful. I'm excited!!
    Last edited by alltatup; 10-08-2017, 03:48 PM.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

I'm ready for you to get the machine and get this stuff going . I'll damn sure try it. And am looking forward to it.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

they dont have this fucker on amazon but i want one , immediately, where do i order it buddy? and does it work with kief? because i like to sublingually take kief.

Comment

Originally posted by stevenics View Post
      they dont have this fucker on amazon but i want one , immediately, where do i order it buddy? and does it work with kief? because i like to sublingually take kief.
      What does that taste like? What volume of flower is being eaten? Or is it not flower?

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't know what it tastes like yet, Probably not like chocolate. But this sub-lingual thing, where you put some bud under your tongue and it goes STRAIGHT into the bloodstream, this is cutting edge knowledge and technology.
        Last edited by alltatup; 10-10-2017, 02:58 AM.

Decarboxylation is the process of removing carboxyl groups, which for cannabis removes carbon dioxide and h20. This turns acidic THC-A into its physcoactive compound THC. The chemical method which does this is obviously heat. The issue has always been around temperature, time and method.

This has been very informative and exciting, thanks.
      Written Articles:
      Light Metric Systems
      Using Light Efficiently
      The Light Cycle Debate
      Environment Conditions
      Grow Light Technologies
      How To Compare Grow Lights
      To Defoliate Or Not To Defoliate
      Having A Light Source Too Close

Check Out Our Social Media Channels For More Resources:
      Facebook
      Twitter
      Instagram

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        You're welcome, dod: I'm super excited about it.

HMMMM I've never heard of this decarbo stuff. this machine makes the flower edible??

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes. Once it's decarbed, you don't need to subject it to any more heat to make it "work." So for example, you could decarb bud, then sprinkle it on allready-cooked food. My goal is to preserve as much integrity in the bud as possible, so I really like the fact that you don't have to grind the bud before it goes in the machine; the less violence done to the trichomes, the better!!

• Doubledealing72
        Doubledealing72 commented
        Editing a comment
        So will this have more of an edible effect than a smoking effect? I like the idea of being able to taste my bud the way it smells. I agree that smoking it makes you lose out on a lot of the taste the terpenes , but I'm not the biggest fan of edibles. Had a bad experience when I made a 9*9 pan of brownies that called for 2/3 cup oil, and my buddy made the oil more potent than it calls for. Ended up eating half the pan...wow, what a bad choice that was lol.

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Doubledealing72 I specifically want to use this for high CBD strains to make medicine. So I want the non-high, medicinal effects to last for a long time.

I am also quite leary of edibles cuz it can get out of hand easily! But I think this machine will also be good for decarbing weed before it goes into the vaporizer, and I want to try it with joints, too. I only smoke when I have company, otherwise I almost always vape.

alltatup wow, that's neat! imma look into this further....

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Glad to help!
        I'm seriously just tryna share knowledge, not plug some product. But it seems to me that people go through so much work and sweat to decarb weed, and you never really know how much of the good stuff you've lost, so I figure this is worth a try. Plus they sell out all the time, so they must have a good performance record.

I'm thinking I need one of those
      Top drip recirculation hydroponics in hydroton

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Mine won't arrive until the end of October, but I'll keep everyone informed about its performance and results as soon as it arrives. I am psyched.

• tvbfe
        tvbfe commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice, looking forward to it

It sure seems great. For 200 hundred bucks, though, I want to read some reviews from a reliable source. Like has High Times or anyone else taken it out for a spin? If it's as amazing as the marketing makes it sound, it'd be totally worth picking one up.
      My first grow

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Actually, it was $170. There are other methods for sure; like this one: http://www.sousweed.com/blog/decarb

There are reviews and discussions on other forums about the Nova, and some people think it's great, while others prefer other methods...

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'll sure take one for a spin or two. Can't wait for you to get yours first Prof. Cause I'll sure believe your review.

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh yeah Alltatup, what about your new MJ possession charges in your city, 75bucks

The Decarboxyalator does the job with very little odor, using an oven gets unwanted neighbor attention. Important to me living in an apartment.

It doesn't dry the herb out so its nicely dank and optimized.

Combined with Magic butter machine it gets great potency, I do it with Coconut oil and Lecithin, and then stir it into tea. Much more potent than smoking.

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Weedgrodamus I was going back thru this topic, and now I want to ask: So your bud comes out "nicely dank and optimized": that means you always decarb it fresh after drying, right?

I did that with my recent harvest, and put it in jars with Bovedas. I'm wondering if it continues to cure, or if the Nova in effect, creates a complete 2-hour cure... Any thoughts on that question?

• Weedgrodamus
        Weedgrodamus commented
        Editing a comment
        @allatup , I don't dry until i'm ready to use herb. I put my fresh cut into jars and let it cure a few months.
        The decarboxalator does not dry it out unless you don't use the top. I don't know if decarbing early before drying helps.
        My reading seems to indicate that decarbing will arrest further curing.

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        I went ahead and decarbed all the weed I harvested based on my research. Rosenthal says weed doesn't get "stronger" with curing, and the Ardent website suggests that decarbing fresh weed preserves the terpenes better and preserves maximum THC (http://www.ardentcannabis.com/educat...xylation-myths).
        So I put all the decarbed bud in jars with 65 bovedas.

Vaporize, the ABV (already been vaped) material is already decarboxylized, ready to eat or put in you brownies or whatever.

Comment

• kingfish
        kingfish commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for the compliment my friend.

• starramus
        starramus commented
        Editing a comment
        With a good vape such as an Arizer Extreme Q you can set an optimal temperature. I think I got ours on sale for $160.00. Great machine, but for quick vaping my wife likes her Flowermate.

• kingfish
        kingfish commented
        Editing a comment
        starramus, my Extreme Q gets turned on when I get up in AM and gets turned off when I go to bed. I also have a Arizer Solo for when I'm away. Love it.

To think that the least efficient way of ingesting the herb is smoking it! This amazing plant's medicinal potential is...limitless. I really believe it.
      And on the sixth day, god gave humans an endocannabinoid system so that we could reap all the benefits of cannabis.
      For me, a super-efficient form of decarbing that doesn't lower the total % of the compounds (like it's easier to do in an oven, for example) will really help me to fine-tune medicines. I have quite a few peeps I want to make medicine for, so they feel good in this insane world each day.

Eating the leafy greens the first time had me high as fk all day; it was a little bit too much. I want to be able to fine-tune medicinal doses with a little less of dis and a little more of dat to last for 3 hours, or 5 hours, etc., depending on what one needs. To fine-tune daytime meds to relieve pain and give a clear-headed sense of well-being with that sweet heightened awareness. But no paranoia or too-intense cerebral buzz.

And also to fine-tune night-time doses to put one into a really relaxed state and induce good sleep (no restlessness, pain or insomnia)--but without grogginess in the morning. To make medicines that help get the body and the mind back into states of balance. Cannabis is an enlightened plant, kind of like a buddha plant...
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Alltatup try making me some up for rainy days or at bedtime for me and my girlfriends, ok. Please

I can't smoke or vape so I plan on turning the majority of my flower into dry ice hash. I will then decarb it by sous vide, extract with Everclear and then keep it as a tincture or mix it with fractionated coconut oil.

I've read a few good reviews of the Nova and I think it's a neat tool but I couldn't justify the cost as I already have my sous vide.

Comment

I'm getting what I think are good result using an induction hot plate ($40) with the induction pot ($40), a digital thermometer and peanut oil. All tech from Amazon.
        Set the temp, confirm with digital. I wrap ground flower in alum foil, float in a little alum pan, cover and time. Some researchers in the Netherlands, confirmed by some Russian pharma guys I read about
        say "110 for 110". That's temp in C and minutes. Seems to work very well for moi and friends. 1 gram of flower to 1 oz of EverClear. Soak, strain, consume. 5 ml to 30 ml will do the trick depending on sensitivity.
        After reading about these new devices, and sous vide, I think I'll experiment with a seal container for the flower.
        I look forward to hearing user testimonials about the Nova type machines.

Comment

new to here love the forum

Just ordered mine cant wait to get it
          4'x 6' x 8' room
          2-400w MH/HPS bulbs
          sunshine mix #4
          mega crop nutes
          current grow
          cd-1
          jack herer
          afghan kush
          green doctor

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            Cool and welcome to the forum! We can compare recipes!!🐸🐸

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X