Which soil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which soil

soil is my main choice of growing medium and would prefer an effortless water only from beginning to end if this exists always struggling to know when to nute with other soils so looking for any recommendations what do you use that's proven as so far I have none for good yields

I cannot say enough nice things about Kind Soil! You just need Kind Soil, potting soil (they recommend Roots Organic or Coco Loco), a pot, a plant, and some water! No nutes necessary from start to finish. In fact, they advise against it!

I'm only on my first grow and still in veg, so wait 'til D.A.A.S.69 comes by to tell you about it. He just completed a grow using it and was rewarded with excellent results.
    My first grow

Comment

If you're in a pinch, you can run to your nearest Lowes if you have one and I recommend getting the bigger bag of Ecoscraps Organic Potting Soil. I also recommend adding perlite for better aeration but please do not get the miracle gro variety as the fertilizer it has may dusrupt your microbe colonies. You should be good with that potting mix for a month. I was on my first grow.

I also use General Organics for nutes. I've read a convincing comparison study though that made the Earth Juice brand seem like nectar of the gods. I'm getting some for my next grow which I'm moving indoors.
      Last edited by GenghisGreen; 07-25-2017, 07:04 PM. Reason: But of course, if you can get something better like Kind or Fox Forest, go big or go home ya' know?

Comment

My first 2 grows were water only in M3 (Michigan Medical Marijuana) mix.
        I highly recommend you grow auto flower plants if you expect to get to the end without adding anything. Just my opinion. Others may advise otherwise.
        completed 7 grows
        what I have learned so far:
        environment maters more than nutrients
        at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
        effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

Stebo welcome as far as water only soil I think kind is the way to go I've read Daas posting and checked it out ,I am planing on make the switch from coco to kind
          new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
          current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            well if it works and gives the girls all the nutes they need then it may actually cost effective, I have to do a cost comparison with all the nutes I use each grow but its going to be close , I have a ways to go I just bought all new nutes this spring I buy by the gallon so its going to be a couple of grows

• abadtrip
            abadtrip commented
            Editing a comment
            What nutes are u guys using if it's comparable to the kind soil price. I now feel like I might have been takin for a ride by the hydro guy I pay alot just the latest bottle of awsome blossom was 50 for a liter. I use a total of 6 different nutes. This is the most costly part of my grow

• GanjaGed
            GanjaGed commented
            Editing a comment
            Well I use GH, Flora Trio, plus 6 GH supplements Armor Si, CaliMagic, Diamond Nectar etc. and a complete buy from scratch is $122, that's in quart bottles for the most part, iirc, Rapid Start may be an 8oz bottle. That's a grow with left over for more grows with most of the products.

Now that's from Amazon and not really looking for deals. Also I don't really know anything about KindSoil so it may still be cheaper, the $300 on nutes just seemed high to me. Ihad to quit soil, getting it up and down stairs etc, was getting to be to much.

Morning Stebo if your looking for the easiest soil to use KindSoil is it, check it out on the internet, depends on how much you put in your pot as to whether it will last for the whole grow, I grew an autoflower and it did great 87 days when I harvested my plant,. Easiest soil I have ever used , just don't overwater and wash away all the nutrients in the KindSoil. Super quick delivery, great product, great people. They are there to help you with any questions you might have. Good Luck
          Cfls for a week or two
          315lec for everything else
          Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
          36x36x63 inch tent.
          6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
          Smart pots
          Molasses
          Autoflowers

Comment

From what I understand and have read kind soil is the way to go however quite expensive, I started growing in dirt about 2 months ago after being in Hydro for so long I'm using the Fox Farms strawberry fields flowering soil have had great success so far. I'm doing a little one plant mini scrog and a mini tent without mini 150 watt HPS , plant is in 5th week of flower just gave first nutrients ever for this plant..

Comment

• Aloner
              Aloner commented
              Editing a comment
              It's definitely not cheap but considering the other expenses it negates (like nutes) and the labor saved, it pretty much balances out.

• abadtrip
              abadtrip commented
              Editing a comment
              So I looked at this stuff it looks good I can say it is a fraction of the price of my hydro grow as far as nutes I spent well over 300 on this grow.

• GanjaGed
              GanjaGed commented
              Editing a comment
              $300 on nutes...ouch

I agree with above, plus NO headaches with KindSoil. Very simple.
            Cfls for a week or two
            315lec for everything else
            Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
            36x36x63 inch tent.
            6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
            Smart pots
            Molasses
            Autoflowers

Comment

U could make ur own . So only on my third grow so still don't know nothin. Used ffof last time and roots original this time . There's a lot of recipes on the net. I'm going to do the buildsoil diy kit for next time.

​​​​​

Comment

Thanks peeps very useful

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X