Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ellz
    commented on 's reply
    Sheesh I think they are all dead. Nothing is moving on the leaves any more each time I check them so I think so. Still have bodies of the buggers everywhere. Will need to rinse the buds off thoroughly before drying and curing but I think it will be okay. All I used on the bug problem so far was Neem Oil Concentrate. I sprayed it all over let it drip dry then sprayed it all over again. That seems to have done the trick but I will be buying something with Spinoset just to be sure next time.

• Sheesh
    commented on 's reply
    Were you able to get rid of the mites Ellz?

• ellz
    commented on 's reply
    Should be in the next week...possibly in multiple parts depending on how developed all the buds are. There are several that are getting very close but I notice more in the back that may need more time. Will update when the girls are done though.

• Graff420
    commented on 's reply
    Hella cant wait to see how she comes out just dropped mine so now i wanna see yours

• ellz
    replied
    Will post one final yield post for this and that will be that.

Leave a comment:

• ellz
    replied
    I will post some pictures of the spider mite damage because that may help others. Here are some photos from the infestation of evil bugs. I didn't use any zoom so this is how they look to the naked eye basically.

Side Note: There is likely only another week of growing left so I may post the rest of the progress photos in a one-week cluster. Not much else to really update beyond the bug issue and adding water from time to time at this point. I will however update the post no matter what with a final total of how much these two plants produce as I know some may be interested in that. Apart from that, I am going to regroup, reconsider my options for online journals (not really my thing as you all can tell) and I may try to come back and keep a more un-emotional grow journal in the future. Until next time, thanks for reading and happy growing!

Leave a comment:

• ellz
    commented on 's reply
    I was sorry to hear that my anger is not compatible with the outside world. I guess I should remain a loner.

• bigtrucker315
    replied
    Wow. Really sorry to hear that.

Leave a comment:

• ellz
    replied
    From here on out, the only updates will be from when the plant is done. I appreciate anyone that is left reading this but this will be my first and last grow journal online. Thanks all.

Leave a comment:

• ellz
    replied
    10/20/2017:

12:00AM: So the spider mite infestation is FULL BLOWN!

SO QUESTION: CAN I SMOKE THE BUD IF THERE ARE SPIDER MITES IN IT?! PLEASE TELL ME I DIDN'T JUST WASTE 4 MONTHS AND THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS TO LOSE IT ALL IN THE LAST 2 WEEKS!!!
    Last edited by ellz; 10-26-2017, 12:19 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ellz
    replied
    10/18/2017:

09:00PM: Flushed the reservoir and refilled it with 5 gallons of pHed, HydroGuard water. The plants are looking good. I think I will be cutting the in the next 2 weeks, fingers crossed!

10/19/2017:

09:00PM: PROBLEMS! SPIDER MITES!!!! Checked on the girls today with the magnifier and noticed one of the medium buds has spider mites crawling all over it! OH NO! I am so close to harvest and a spider infestation! I mixed up a batch of Neem Oil concentrate and sprayed the buds and leaves as best I could (the cabinet is very cluttered with the canopy) but I soaked the area where I saw them and re checked it and didn't see them anymore so I think the water washed them off the leaves and buds! I have attached some photos of yesterday and today, along with a pic of the bugs (though they are VERY HARD TO SEE). Hoping I don't end up smoking spider eggs instead of buds! Thanks for reading!
    Last edited by ellz; 10-20-2017, 01:00 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Graff420
    commented on 's reply
    I think we are gonna finnish at the same time id say one more week maybe 2 of ripening on mine but cant wait to see your plants all trims up and harvested to see all the giant colas

• ellz
    replied
    10/13/2017 - 10/17/2017:

Condensing my updates when available...
    - Added pHed, HydroGuard water on the 14th and 16th. Yesterday (the 16th), the water was almost empty in the reservoir so it took all of 5 gallons to fill it back up. I checked again tonight (10/17) and it's down just less than it was this time last night. Apart from the water management and occasional tie-down placements, they are just finishing up their grow and I am patiently waiting. The pistils all appear white under the grow light but some appear red under the LED light in the magnifier and from the flash on my camera so I guess they are likely orange or brown and the red grow light bulb is blocking out that color so I see white. It's fine, because I am watching the trichomes and making sure they are right before I cut anything to harvest. Photos from the past few days below. Thanks for reading!

Leave a comment:

• ellz
    replied
    10/12/2017:

09:00PM: The plants are doing great. The new light schedule is working great for keeping the temps regulated. I also bought that small propane heater because we have a threat of sub-freezing temps soon. I added 3.5 gallons of pHed, HydroGuard water to the reservoir to fill it back up. I have attached 2 pictures below. One of the overall progress and another of that big cola from yesterday, but close-up on the frost. Thanks for reading!

Leave a comment:

• ellz
    replied
    10/11/2017:

09:00PM: I changed my light schedule today from 6PM-6AM to 8PM-8AM to hopefully keep the temps a bit higher over night. I have them basically getting down to 59.6ºF at the lowest but I want them up over 60ºF so I figure changing the light to where it comes on two hours later and goes off two hours later will do just that. As an emergency backup, I also have my small space heater that can raise the temps a few degrees in less than an hour but I only use that if need be due to the power draw. Other than that, the girls are still looking good. Not much has changed besides them getting fatter and more dense, which is awesome! Still hoping to be harvesting before the last week of October but we shall see how they do over the next week or so. The pistils are finally starting to change from white to more yellow and brown in some areas, but this can only be seen in a very few places right now. Hoping to see more of that by next week but I can't rush them. They are already growing faster than I expected so I am pleased with that. Photos below. Thanks for reading!

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X