• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graff420
    commented on 's reply
    No problem and i think your buds were airy due to so much leaf coverage

• ellz
    commented on 's reply
    I'm not going to give up and I will still be around. Just frustrated with the outcome but I have to remember this was my first indoor hydro grow ever so I can't be too hard on myself. Thanks for your input though. It did help.

• bigtrucker315
    commented on 's reply
    Very nice looking buds.
    you have to b be proud with this grow.

• Graff420
    replied
    Fucc yea i kinda figgured they might be slightly airy the most advice i can give is go for an indica next time and it will slowly take over your cabinet instead of it takeing over as fast the sativas did and you would get a great yeild as long as you keep her trimmed up and direct light on the buds they dence up great and they will also get alot more dence dureing cureing atleast mine are. I thought mine would be airy as hell concidering how they felt at the final dry point but now im 2 weeks into cureing they feel alot more dence than they did 2 weeks ago
    hope you dont leave us here you did great and the bugs on the buds id say leave them sealed for 2 to 3 days steal the oxygen the bugs need then id say try to wash them

Leave a comment:

• ellz
    replied
    11/09/2017:

03:45AM: Finally have a dry weight! 2 plants yielded 7.9oz in 9 quart-sized jars. There is still some plant to trim and dry but it looks as if it won't be all that good. Still gonna harvest it. Any bud is better than no bud. The bugs are still alive on the buds, so I guess they will either be getting high while it cures or searching for air because the jars are staying sealed (except for burping once a day). Overall, the bud quality is mediocre at best. Very airy and leafy. I am not too pleased with this crop. It's been a huge learning experience and if I do another grow (IF!) I will have some info on what NOT TO DO next time. The bug thing basically killed it for me and the airy buds were the final nail in the coffin. I can honestly say that growing it is way too much hassle for very little return. The best I can say is that I paid for my cabinet (but not all the other stuff) with this 1st grow. At $200/oz, the average price where I live at the rec shops, I am looking at a total of $1580 in bud. I invested around $1600 on the cabinet equipment and another $500 in miscellaneous stuff (nutrients, pesticides, supplements, accessories). I wish you all luck in your grows. Clearly I haven't got the patience I used to have for it. I may try again when I run out but I am not sure. I have the seeds I ordered from Seedsman still...so who knows. Not sure if I will keep an online journal then either, since I had the issues this go round with it.

Either way, for those who are still with me...the final dry weight was 7.9 ounces.

Leave a comment:

• ellz
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you! I wanted to trim the buds up more before drying but due to the low humidity, I chose to leave the smaller leaves on. I might go out and trim them some more as they are drying. They smell absolutely amazing! I can't wait to try some!

• bigtrucker315
    replied
    Very nice ellz

Leave a comment:

• ellz
    commented on 's reply
    Me too! I have been weighing as I go (after trimming off the bulk of leaves) and some of the hanging buds are 2-3 ounces each! But we all know they will lose about 90% of that mass due to drying so I am not sure what it will end up at. Will post the "wet weight" total when I have it...should be soon. I have another round of trimming today and that should be it...unless there is some scraggly stuff I want to let grow out.

• ellz
    commented on 's reply
    That's a great idea! Only one problem for me....my sides are all enclosed so there is nothing to clip the larger buds to. I am not too sure how strong this mesh rack is...it was one of the cheaper ones...but I could possibly wrap something around the outside and clip to that. My only fear is it would rip the mesh...again, cheap rack. Either way, that is really cool and I might have to buy a rack like that for next time! Thanks!

• Graff420
    replied
    Looking good lol cant wait to figgur out that weight

Leave a comment:

• tvbfe
    commented on 's reply
    Damn spider mites

• Sheesh
    replied
    Looking good Ellz. BTW, I learned a neat trick from Tika on this forum. Use the drying rack to hang the big buds and put the small stuff on the racks. See pic below of my recent harvest for an example

Leave a comment:

• ellz
    replied
    11/03/2017:

10:30PM: Started on my second round of cutting from the two girls. This time it took about 3 hours and 15 minutes to cut through the larger colas and more of the popcorn (larger stuff today). I should have about 2-3 more hours of trimming left before it's all harvested but so far it's looking like I will have a decent yield. The spider mites are all over the place so I have been dunking all the buds in water and swirling them around then drying them off one-by-one to try to remove what I can. That is what's really taking the time besides the trimming once the stuffs cut off. I am keeping smaller leaves but removing all of the larger fan leaves and even some of the larger bud leaves. The stuff I am leaving is to help slow the drying process since my humidity is low and since I am using a mesh drying rack for some of it. Below is a picture of the two plants after 6 hours and 15 minutes of trimming, along with a shot of my drying box and mesh rack. Thanks for reading!

Leave a comment:

• ellz
    commented on 's reply
    tvbfe because of the spider mite infestation. Wanted to try to wash off any of the bugs I could.

• tvbfe
    commented on 's reply
    Ok just curious, why did you dunk your buds in water?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X