Newbie looking for assurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie looking for assurance

Hello everyone, this is my first post. I am a newbie to growing and am just looking for any advice. I am running a 2.5x2.5x5 tent, a 600w welpar LED panel, and a clip on fan. Also have a digital probe therm/hygrometer in there. I understand that with limited pics comes limited help and I'm working on that, but this is the only pic it will let me upload, I'll try to put more pics. Also, I'm feeding half strength soil milk every other watering. Should I soak down the smart pots and the other buckets right after transplant?

Right now the plants needs some time to make roots and gain strength before transplant. Be sure not to overwater cause it's still young. When you do transplant water well but don't soak the medium

Comment

I'm growing in SmartPots ,I just put my RR in my pot and just watered in a little circle until she got a little bigger but I'm growing in KindSoil. Looks like You got a nice grow setup, what kinda soil you using and PH.?
      Cfls for a week or two
      315lec for everything else
      Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

I am new too. Newer than you as I have no idea what soil milk is. Can you fill me in?

Comment

Soil milk is just the brand of nutrients that I found at the local greenery that matched what the chart said for levels

Comment

D.a.a.s I have just transplanted out of Dixie cups into fox farms ocean forest, mixed with a little coco and the ph is right at 7, the nutrients are just a standard veg nute.

Comment

UPDATE--- I just watered before lights out for the heat of the day, and I have a little droop in the leaves, are they going to make it ya think 🤔
              sorry guys, concerned parent here😎

Comment

Get ur self some silica and b vitamins npk industries is very cheap and goes a long way. What silica mainly does is strengthens ur plant and b vites puts ur plants immune system in over drive to fight against stress and to recover much faster this is a key thing for transplanting yes a lot of people do it successfully but there plants dnt recover very fast some even die. B vites 1 to 2 weeks before transplanting start feeding them this and ur chances are way better. Just a thought . After transplant give them about 500ml nutes/water. U want a fertilizer with a mid range of phousphous when transplanting like a 3-4-4 type roughly. Also kelp and humic acid 5-1 ratio will help with rooting it's basicly what the rooting hormones use unless there synthetic.

Comment

Droop in the leaves either means to much water or not enough. What's ur soil and do u have perlite? If not when u transplant do a 60/40 roughly or 50/50. Just remember the more perlite the more often u gotta water perltie let's air get to ur roots (faster growth)

Comment

Your gonna be alright, normal for drooping after watering, don't overwater an keep your PH 6.2 to 7.0 ,my plant really likes 6.3 to 6.5 . Your gonna do a good job, good luck.
                    Cfls for a week or two
                    36x36x63 inch tent.
                    Smart pots
                    Molasses
                    Autoflowers

Comment

• Rockett1973
                      Rockett1973 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks for the info, I wish I could put more pics on here for whatever reason it won't let me get the size down.
                      Do you think silica and b-vitamins is necessary

• 9fingerleafs
                      9fingerleafs commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Not at all. If you are using soil you'll barely going to need any nutes. Just for flowering something with P & K. In hydroponics any nutrient high in N will do for veg and the same PK for flowering. Lots of other stuff to learn for now. Staring with watching the plant grow.

• 9fingerleafs
                      9fingerleafs commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Btw take a screenshot of your phone/computer and upload that. Works great

Stick ur finger in the soil upto ur 1st nuckle (1inch) and if it feels cold and moist ur fine. The trick is to water then let dry out very well then water again also do u have holes in ur pots for air to get to ur roots. Fabric pots are the way to go to prevent over watering. On a scale of 1-10 for dryness u want around 2-3 and when u water u want a 7-8. I hope this helps

Comment

I just transplanted from Dixie cups to these larger pots, there is plenty of perlite, it is fox farms ocean forest, with a little coco mixed in,

Comment

Yeah I've been doing almost exactly that I think I need to get those extra bites that Tyler-hobbyist was talking abouy

Comment

Thanks again guys for all the help.
                          how can get my pics smaller from my cell to get them to upload to the site

Comment

FFOF has got plenty of good stuff in it to hold her till she gets at least a month old.About the phones I got a Samsung and I don't know Jack do-do about sizes cept when you click on phone you click those 3 little dots an it goes to sizes ,hope that helps.
                            Cfls for a week or two
                            36x36x63 inch tent.
                            Smart pots
                            Molasses
                            Autoflowers

Comment

• Rockett1973
                              Rockett1973 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Yeah it's a galaxy s7edge, I guess the camera is too good. I'm going to let the girls rest until 6pm cst. and check on them again, I'll update you with findings then. Thanks alot for all of your advice I really appreciate the info

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                          X