No announcement yet.

Newbie looking for assurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used a 350w 200w and a 100w true watts led panles for 3plants and I found it was not enough. And I kept my lights at 6-10inchs away. Just my personal exspereince

Comment

Hey 73 , Everything is fine, right now all they need is very little water and lots of time and they will start to grow.
      Cfls for a week or two
      315lec for everything else
      Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

• Rockett1973
        Rockett1973 commented
        Editing a comment
        Cool that's what I'll do

I think this is a female preflower in the pic, it's a little soon, but this is my strongest plant. Hey when should I start LET I know it's too soon now, but at about what age do you start em'

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        You are getting ahead of yourself. When you first top it you'll see development of side branches witch can be trained once they grow. Sex comes later

O I know it I'm just really stoked ya know. How will I know when to top it?

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        Once you feel it's strong enough. Should be this week before it gets too tall. People get crazy about how many nodes but it's actually a very sensitive subject. Doing it too early kinda slows down growth. It is something you'll understand with practice but don't be afraid and experiment.

Do you happen to have pics on where to cut for topping the plant, I've been looking at the stuff on GWE and it's kind of vague, do I just snip the stem above the node that I'm wanting to grow sideways?

Comment

i have a seedling i just topped a day ago, you can see its growing again kinda weird but more importantly, the little side branches that didnt exist before are growing also. i just cut the main tip
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6336.JPG
Views:	63
Size:	2.90 MB
ID:	106415

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
          9fingerleafs commented
          Editing a comment
          This is the normal shape of a seedling. I I'm not training her I just toped. It is under 11 hours of light a day so flowering schedule basically but the plant is in vegetative stage until it reaches the right age and development

• tyler_ hobbyist
          tyler_ hobbyist commented
          Editing a comment
          What strain is that? Looks like white widow

• 9fingerleafs
          9fingerleafs commented
          Editing a comment
          Its a brickweed bag seed or like potted calls them "Mexican jumping beans"

JEG I think I will try LST
        fingers, how old is the plant pictured?
        the stem is a lot thicker than mine, and my stems are kind of purple

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
          9fingerleafs commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't keep dates but it is around 2 weeks old. The first week it was in a solo cup filled half way and got stretched. I transplanted into one liter container and buried the unwanted stem. It's growing fast and healthy now

So yours is an auto-flower then?
        should I worry about the purple stems or is this pretty normal, sorry there are so many questions it's just that I have absorbed sooo much info from the site that I think it's making me a "hypochondriac" of sorts

Comment

Sorry JEG , didn't mean to get you screwed up there, I don't think mine are ready for LST they are only 2 weeks old

Comment

Tyler, I wish I knew the strain, it's bag seed from a good batch I got. The seed I.D. I found shows either Santa sativa, or there was one other but I forget which. It would be nice if it is white widow. The batch I bought was a little harsh, do you think it is from bad curing practices?
            JEG, I would slow up on the posting, and keep on toking🤣😎

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
              9fingerleafs commented
              Editing a comment
              Hahahaha i think Taylor asked about the pic I posted. And yes the harshness could be from not curing or flushing but it also could be the strain flavor

O yeah, I'll bet you are right lmfao 🤣🤣

Comment

Ha I didn't even notice that lol yes it was the pic 9fingers posted lol what strain is that?

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
                9fingerleafs commented
                Editing a comment
                It's a bagseed from Mexican brickweed

Hey Rockett as ur plant matures it will be easyier to tell the strain

Comment

And 9fingers is right about the harshness lol its most likely the cureing process or either how it was grown when growing any plants there's a system called brix the higher the brix the more sugars are in the plant which means sweeter and more nutrient fulled plants. 8-12 brix is very good at about 12brix the leaves are so thick and full of sugar bugs no longer see the plant as food it's that's sweet so that could also be a huge part of it as well. People who use hydrogen peroxide or any kinda disifectant will kill all ur bacteria even the good ones. Now when u kill the good bacteria the sugar produceing stops! The micro organizims/ bacteria,fungi they are responsible for the uptake of mainly sugars but also nutes and minerals. Now if there killed the sugar will stop being produced equaly to harsh gross tasteing weed. Sorry for the long reply lol long story short micro organisims sugar content cureing/drying process and yes some strains have weired tastes but most of the time it's a growers failure some where. Also heat and light will effect finaly product so say ur at the end of buding and ur temp gets to 100degrees for a week ur bud will now taste like garbage because u burnt all the terps. And also the nutes u use. If u dnt use any form of nutes like usualy brick weed it doesn't taste the best but then if u use nutes properly and flush at the right time it will taste way better. There most common is the cureing/drying process and the killing of micro organisims from disinfectives like hydrogen peroxide and chemicles.

Comment

Well hopefully it taste decent as I am not using disinfectants or chemicals except nutes, and will be doing the flush before harvest like I'm supposed to. And on that note, the next ones I do I would like them to be nirvana auto-flower, not sure what strain I want, but am hoping to find one with some good antidepressant properties. Have you all ordered seeds before? I'm kinda nervous about that, you know giving out my address and all

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X