No announcement yet.

The Ganja Ged Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woot Woot Tent ordered! I need to get these young'uns in a final place to start the training!
    The Great and Secret Garden Indoor-Hydro-LED-Perpetual

The Ganja Ged Thread
    Water Curing Experiment
    My E&F System

If you get confused, listen to the music play!

Comment

wow that was an excellent explanation and I'm super intrigued , haha GG I love getting boxes in mail its like Christmas and usually I forget what the hell I bought lol so its a surprise ,
      new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
      current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Second water change, water not discolored but definitely cloudy.

PPM's rose 140
        PH dropped 0.5

Buds look perhaps a lighter/paler green
        Buds firm no waterlog
        Mid sized buds definitely have a decreased smell, almost absent on some smaller ones, though the largest ones still have a solid though reduced smell

Looks good so far. The increase in PPM's is probably due to getting the distilled water, although it could also be just the natural progression of the process. Something to watch for on future tries.

5-7 days seems a bit long, at least in my head, since I have 2 jars I'm going to watch for the PPM's to stabilize and dry one jar if it happens before the 5 day mark. 5 if it's stable 7 if not for the other jar.

The Ganja Ged Thread
        Water Curing Experiment
        My E&F System

Comment

Busy day, between the new med working wonders, that damned marine oldjarhead, and the new tent ordered, I figured I should get something done.

So I finished making the E&F system, and got the plants into the trays. I was going to run two 3'x1.5' trays but decided to downsize to 2'x1.5' trays just to give a bit of room to work around. The nice thing is I can swap trays back and forth because everything is made to be interchangeable. So once I have a few grows with it I can expand easily.

The plants are going so strong, some have roots already out of the Smart Pot!

Also changed the res today, last one ran about 3 or 4 weeks and was still fine but since I'm using a different res now it was a good time to change. Upped the solution to just below 1/2 strength, I'll watch for burn over the next few days before adding anything.

Also moved some stuff in the room to move both tents in and on a different wall.

So that's a lot for me for a day. I'll get some pics tonight or tomorrow.

The Ganja Ged Thread
          Water Curing Experiment
          My E&F System

Comment

Couple quick shots, I'll get some better ones tomorrow

The Ganja Ged Thread
            Water Curing Experiment
            My E&F System

Comment

sure blame it on the Marine lol wow lots of stuff getting done , do the roots usually grow out of the cloth bags ,or is that because of the Eand f table. I'm asking cause I'm going to cloth bags and I dont want to have a heart attack lol
              new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds

Comment

• GanjaGed
                GanjaGed commented
                Editing a comment
                First time with smart pots but I've seen it happen before in pics. It's normal though because even the label on the pots mention it, or the website does, something, lol.

But that plant is about 3 weeks old and already growing out of a 2 gallon smart pot, the others at about a week maybe 2 are starting to pop out of 1 gallon pots, It's exactly how I'd hoped they'd work so fat, I just didn't expect it to happen so fast.

And your new room is fantastic! That is an example of getting stuff done.

3rd water change

Water clear, smell almost totally gone from buds, buds firm, no water logging, seem paler in color

PPM's rose 76 about half from yesterday

PH rose 0.5

I've only been reporting on one jar which has more bud material and is from the mom in soil, the unreported jar is from the DWC plant. The interesting thing here is that while the fluctuations are similar in pattern the numbers for the PPM's are much lower, suggesting the Hydro has less to flush out, or possibly is harder to flush out, no way to tell currently. It is something to look at in future tries.

Total opinion based on impression, the larger well formed buds seem to actually be tightening or firming up. That's very subjective currently but something to look at in future tries.

Another note for future tries is to take trich pics each day to note any changes in quantity and color. In theory the buds are still alive, it's possible a water cure could effect when to best harvest by maybe up to a week?

I think I'll pull the hydro buds tomorrow, while the patterns are similar the Hydro only went up like 20 ppms, which is close in ratio to the soil just lower numbers. But yea, pull, dry and taste tomorrow at 3 full days and let the other jar keep going and keep reporting it.

The Ganja Ged Thread
              Water Curing Experiment
              My E&F System

Comment

A point I left out in that which makes the difference between the 2 strange. The soils were a few days up to a week in flush when I cut and the hydros are still on nutes. If anything I'd have thought the difference would be reversed.

The Ganja Ged Thread
                Water Curing Experiment
                My E&F System

Comment

4th water change

Water clear, a new smell not of cannabis but a more, hmmm earthy smell?, buds firm no water logging, color seems stable from yesterday.

PPM's rose 19
                  PH rose 1.1

Such a low increase in PPM would suggest almost done. The PH increase was more than usual, not sure what that means.

This run I think is successful enough to warrant further testing, pending a smoke report naturally. It's clear that buds can be submerged for a minimum of 3 days with no plant matter decay and that something is happening which raises the PPM's and PH.

A lot of questions are raised. Best water change schedule to limit diminishing return, Differing results at different PPM levels, my current opinion is this method is better controlled by PPM measurement rather than by days of cure. Possible substitute for flushing, effects of different levels of water cure followed by jar cure, quick fan dry vs. normal air dry, useful on already dried and or cured buds? and on and on.

I'm not sold on it and wouldn't recommend a full crop water cure, but it seems intriguing enough and has enough positive results so far that further testing is a worthy pursuit. I'm already working out a second test for some point, a bit more focused now that I've done it once and had a chance to see and think about it in actual practice.

Pulled the hydro buds today, currently drying under a fan here's a couple pics, the one I posted before right after trimming and two from today directly out of the jar.

The chart looks like this

Hydro -

7.0 - 34 --- 6.4 - 89

6.4 - 22 --- 7.5 - 49

7.4 - 21 --- 7.8 - 30 (Pull for dry)

The Ganja Ged Thread
                  Water Curing Experiment
                  My E&F System

Comment

• GanjaGed
                    GanjaGed commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Just went and did a smell test after a little drying. Strange, the buds are literally almost odorless.

Couple of Pic updates after some dry time. Still to wet to burn so no smoke report yet, but.

A ) I don't think it's terrible looking at all. This isn't a pretty strain to begin with but even so, while not top shelf looking it isn't like unrecognizable or toxic looking, lol

B ) I didn't get a "before" microshot but the "after" pretty much says no or little trich damage.

I'll for sure be trying a bit more with the final harvest. I'm actually very excited to try this with some real genetics! I'm all over this as a way to cure for edibles and e-cig juice, if the potency is there the no smell/taste will be amazing for those if nothing else.

The Ganja Ged Thread
                  Water Curing Experiment
                  My E&F System

Comment

I can for sure say that water cured weed will get you where you want to be

I'll do todays reporting on the other jar a bit later today, after this nice morning "cruise" I'll also wait to do a write-up until the other jar has run it's course and been smoke tested.

The jar of hydro fully dried after about 12 hrs with a small light fan blowing over the top. then spent the night in a air tight stash jar. This morning they were damn near perfect. They probably could have used a couple hours outside and another night in the jar and been right on the money.

Burned well, nice white ash, it has a taste but not of cannabis, kind of a smokey flavor, camp fire-ish I might call it.

The funny thing here is everything you usually hear about why it won't work all went perfectly, but the one thing most seem to agree on is it's smoothness, which I find a bit lacking, or at least not living up to what I had imagined reading the reviews. I wouldn't call it harsh, but it has a definite "hot" feel at the back of the throat to me. Not terrible, no coughing, but not what I would describe as the smoothest weed I've ever smoked. Now that may change in the other jar which is getting the full 5-7 days submerged. If the hot was toned down a bit it might actually pair decently with the flavor.

The Ganja Ged Thread
                    Water Curing Experiment
                    My E&F System

Comment

Very cool GanjaGed ! That looks like it would work somewhere hot and dry. Where it would be hard to slow the drying process making the smoke harsh. If I would've waited 2 more days to chop I would have regretted it. The temp jumped 10-15 degrees this weekend to 105°. But now I know what can be done in an emergency.
                      Glad to see your experiment. Thanks for posting.
                      Cheers
                      Californiakid
                      "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

• Aloner
                        Aloner commented
                        Editing a comment
                        It's "the new normal" and it's not exclusive to the climate.

• Californiakid
                        Californiakid commented
                        Editing a comment
                        This area is known for hot climate. Hot days and cool nights. Mediterranean like climate. It's hot through October. Has been since I moved here 27 years ago. Lots of agriculture here.

• alltatup
                        alltatup commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That is a relief! So this is your normal climate. I lived in So.CA for 11 years.

So a little further report on the hydro. Had the daughter take a bong hit. Her impression, it doesn't really taste like weed it's much smoother.... lol. The son-in-law says he wouldn't know I was smoking weed, but some tobacco blend or vape juice. He thinks with just a little tobacco added you'd never know.

Totally subjective but it was interesting they described it that way considering they know nothing about growing or water curing, purely part time rec smokers.

I'm gonna start cutting flowering plants tomorrow. The hydro needs to get chopped before I have any decay. The 2 little soils are yellowing nicely and good to go anytime, and mom will get saved for last, she's still in good shape so she can wait a day or two.

The Ganja Ged Thread
                      Water Curing Experiment
                      My E&F System

Comment

• Aloner
                        Aloner commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks for the experiment Ged -- I've enjoyed it and your insight.

5th Water change and pulled to dry

All visuals same as yesterday

PPM's rose 16
                      PH dropped 1.3

They've soaked for a full 5 days, with the low PPM increase and the unlooked for PH swing I went ahead and pulled them out to dry today. I will for sure be putting some of tomorrows cuttings in water to keep me going until I can get the majority dried and cured normally.

and of course pics. After it drying and I get a smoke test I'll do a full write up.

The Ganja Ged Thread
                      Water Curing Experiment
                      My E&F System

Comment

• alltatup
                        alltatup commented
                        Editing a comment
                        GGed, the trichome pic is very interesting, but they mostly don't look like capitate triches!!! What happened to their heads???? If they aren't capitate, there won't be any terpenes in em... As I assume you already know...

• GanjaGed
                        GanjaGed commented
                        Editing a comment
                        No taste/no smell, it is a fact with this

wow GG that is cool the pictures look great no smell hmm this might be the new travel weed dogs cant smell it lol

Comment

• GanjaGed
                        GanjaGed commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Possibly, but I'm not sure how to test that theory without a lot of risk/hassle lol

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X