No announcement yet.

The Ganja Ged Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's right ! Fall off the horse and get right back on !
    "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

8/3/17

Candida - looking good

Northern Light - had a piece of shell holding cotyledons closed. Removed. Seedling seems small and a bit weak. Keeping an eye on it Beautiful purple stem though.

Wonder Woman - above ground, shell still on tight. Looks like a second tap root is coming out… Put some rooter over hole and watching. Check shell again tomorrow.

White Widow - sigh, killed in an accident today. Popped a new seed in a rooter.

~Encouraging some stretch to account for the backfill of LECA.

Flower tent is riding along. Noticed a couple leaves that seem to be showing a Cal deficiency or possibly PH. PH is drifting a lot but is staying in range, topped off with plain RO, added a small dose of CalMag, will probably do a res change on Sunday. Was hoping to hold off another week but between the leaves and drifting PH it's looking like a reset is in order.

Momma and the soil girls are going all "ginger", so cute buds are firming nicely and trichs are getting milky.

Way early but plucked a small lower nug. looks and smells awesome, gonna spark it after it drys a bit. gonna be harsh but I'll have an idea where the potency is at for a small partial early harvest. Most will wait until some amber, and the last small bit later with lot's of amber.

Possible I'll take the prime and late harvests off the soils and the early off the hydros since they're a bit behind anyways.

The Great and Secret Garden Indoor-Hydro-LED-Perpetual

The Ganja Ged Thread
      Water Curing Experiment
      My E&F System

If you get confused, listen to the music play!

Comment

• GanjaGed
        GanjaGed commented
        Editing a comment
        Forgot to mention, Candida has the first tap root outside the rooter plug!

Sounds like they are chugging right along to bad about WW I can never just start 1 seed though always a couple more than I need for grow so I can pick the best but I also grow the same strain at the same time . hats off to you for being able to do multi strains at once have a good day GG
      new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
      current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• GanjaGed
        GanjaGed commented
        Editing a comment
        Attempting multi strains,time will tell how well it goes, lol. It'll be much more comfortable once I have them paired and do only 1 or 2 strain runs. The plan is to set up a second tent, so Tent A and Tent B, While A is flowering, B is vegging and raising seedlings or clones. When A is done flip B to flower and move clones to A, repeat.

I want to grow the plants out instead of force flowering them young. Plus it'll keep me busy. I'm literally going nuts because there's so little to do atm. I should have both tents set up and going by Oct.

I'm actually really excited about this next run, these will be my first "high-end" genetics. Plus now that I've settled into "my style" putting it all together will be great, as well as moving out of "testing" and getting to focus on fine-tuning and improving.

The entire experience has been and continues to be the single best therapy for me esp. in QoL terms.If I can manage to keep myself supplied it will be a complete success.

It's not a "miracle cure" or anything, but the value I get is equal to or greater than all the pills and Dr's and shit I have all put together. I guess the best explanation is it's the only place I find peace in what has become a very chaotic and unpleasant space. Kinda dramatic I suppose but... It's kind of like trying to explain the Grateful Dead experience to someone, trying to explain the explainable, and language falls short.

Hmmm, I'm smoking, sorry for the pontificating

8/4/17

Candida - Very far ahead of the others. First leaves developed nicely. Moved to the side and dropped a flood with 2 normal LED bulbs (soft/warm) down close to slow stretch she’s at just about the right height. Early guess is Sativa Pheno.

Northern Light - Looking much better today! Standing straight, nice stem thickness, First leaves are up and loving life. Early guess is full on Indica Pheno.

Wonder Woman - Removed shell, extra root came with it. She’s TINY. First leaves are there but hard to see without magnification. Damping off is a real possibility with this one, Keep an extra eye on.

White Widow - Waiting for seed to pop.

Dropped a Wonder Woman seed late last night over worry about weak seedling. Waiting for pop. Will have to decide what to do if both survive.

Flower tent sailing along. Res was nice and stable on todays check. I'll decide on Sunday about a reset but I'm leaning that way currently just for good measure. Some pics

And of course

Last edited by GanjaGed; 08-05-2017, 12:07 AM. Reason: Fixed date ( 8-4 not 8-14 )

The Ganja Ged Thread
      Water Curing Experiment
      My E&F System

Comment

Nice pictures 👍

Momma is filling out nicely.

Comment

nice looking girls GG I know what you mean by therapy it calms me down as well
          new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds

Comment

Oh for fucks sake... Pudge, one of the cats, jumped the barrier and ate the seedlings.... I could skin him right about now. So he's out of the room until I get the second tent. Coffee first, hit maybe 2 second, assess the situation closer 3, re set up 4.

I'll be back after coffee /sigh

The Ganja Ged Thread
            Water Curing Experiment
            My E&F System

Comment

• Aloner
              Aloner commented
              Editing a comment
              Do not like : (

I love cats but sometimes they can be such jerks.

• oldjarhead100
              oldjarhead100 commented
              Editing a comment
              If I leave the door open to back of the cellar where my grow room is then I will fing a turd right in front of the grow room door its a dirt floor and there is a litter box in the cellar to0 shes 18 and trying not to make 19 lol

Awe man !
            Pop some more, all you can do. That sucks buddy.

Comment

It's my own fault, I should have done it a bit differently, since I had this trouble with him before.

One thing it kind of proves is that THC or something, smell? is a definite put off to at least some animals. I had this trouble with him before, the plants flowering have all had parts eaten by him, most more than once. It was a constant battle and he was just beside himself always going after them, but when the flowers came out he just stopped. He doesn't even look at them currently.

I had a small barrier up but didn't really think about it to much having gotten used to him not going after them and not thinking more about it. There's now a big note by the closet to BEWARE PLANT KILLING CAT!! rofl. Yes my room is actually full of notes all over to help remember stuff

So he ate Candida and Northern Light, I don't think he could see Wonder Woman lol. He also knocked over the new seeds :/ Both have tails and I put them back so we'll see.

I am going to take this as an omen though, lol. It's the second time now something has gone wrong and culled me back from 4 plants to 3. So I'm gonna cruise as is and see how the seeds and the Wonder Woman seedling does.

Fortunately this won't be a problem once I get another tent, just gotta stay diligent till then.

So current census:

1x Wonder Woman seedling
              1x Wonder Woman seed
              1x White Widow seed

If something happens to these I'm just gonna wait to start till I get the tent. Feeding cats with marijuana plants could get very expensive very quick. It was only frustrating when it was clones, seedlings are a different story

The Ganja Ged Thread
              Water Curing Experiment
              My E&F System

Comment

• oldjarhead100
                oldjarhead100 commented
                Editing a comment
                hey GG grow some cat nip he will never make it to the girls all he will want to do is eat the cat nip does the same for him as pot does for us lol

Apparently cat mauling only make White Widow stronger! She's up at ground level already after sitting through the night in the open air under light... I was almost sure she was gonna die.

Wonder Woman seed looks ok too so far at least she was on top of the rooter when she was knocked out of the hole.

And Wonder Woman seedling is just chugging along it's tiny merry way.

Gonna fire up the F&D tomorrow and get them set in the tray.

Long day, heh, stressed, and frustrated. Sucks feeling like you can't communicate correctly or understand properly. And prohibition just pisses me off... ttime for a hit , or 2 or 3, lol

The Ganja Ged Thread
              Water Curing Experiment
              My E&F System

Comment

Well wasn't I a crazy beaver the last couple days...

Changed the res today in the flower tent. Looks like a Cal deficiency, we'll see.

F&D is up and running with one tray.

I so much prefer cloning, lol. It's like I've forgotten how to start from seed, it just feels so ..delicate, and I'm like the poster child of clumsy anymore, heh.

The Ganja Ged Thread
                Water Curing Experiment
                My E&F System

Comment

I feel ya GG I prefer cloning as well although I do seeds pretty good they are just so small tough to handle with my fingers lol

Comment

• GanjaGed
                    GanjaGed commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Right? lol

I hadn't really thought about it but I haven't actually germinated a seed since long before the move to the tent, so I haven't dealt with trying to germinate in a hydro set up. That led to overthinking it and not being committed to a plan all while abandoning the way simple way.

Back to basics

Get them up and going then to the tray. It's been an expensive lesson so far, but I just look at it as dues for an education. I have found a couple things that are problematic and think I've got good solutions, which is much better to have found out now rather than later with time invested in the plant. But that's the name of the game, solve the puzzle, earn the reward, lol.

Just gonna have to document all of it because by the time it comes to germinate again I'll have forgotten. It's gonna be nice once I have the other tent and everything set up.

In honor of cat mauling and all the little things that keep us on our toes.

The Ganja Ged Thread
                  Water Curing Experiment
                  My E&F System

Comment

• oldjarhead100
                    oldjarhead100 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Love me some Tull Aqualung is one of my favoite albums but I have a bunch of his stuff and I have a radio station on pandoria

To much tension!

The Ganja Ged Thread
                  Water Curing Experiment
                  My E&F System

Comment

This is for you GGed, hope it doesn't move you too far out yo comfort zone...

Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
                    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
                    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X