No announcement yet.

The Ganja Ged Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well good deal, it ought to be close to right by morning ,that PH shit is strong stuff. I use Earth Juice crystals and just a few specks of that stuff makes a big change.Good Luck with it GG.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

• GanjaGed
      GanjaGed commented
      Editing a comment
      I knew it was gonna be a big difference, I didn't realize going from 30ml to a capfull would put me in the 4's. I'm just glad I can reduce the Down so much, and now I know.

No harm, no foul, lesson learned

So the daughter talked some sense into me, heh. I won't be moving to the basement... instead I'm just gonna do some upgrades in my room and if I need some extra space I'll use the sunroom down the hall for a tent or two.

The reality is the basement is a project way beyond my capabilities esp. considering progression. Setting up my room will keep everything both accessible and on a manageable scale. I'll put and RO Filter across the hall in the bathroom and I'll be in good shape for water. Closet will convert to a nice veg or flower room plus the 3x3 tent is plenty to keep me supplied. And she can help maintain it later when I need it.

Kind of a bummer, I had some sweet plans for there, but reality is a thing and staying in my room is the right decision. Besides I like the water sounds from my aerocloner and stuff when I try to sleep, lol.

On the bright side I went out today and found some awesome trays for the flood table for cheap. they're like 36x17x6 so 2 is pretty much a 3x3 table but it can be separated into 2 trays which can save room if running a few plants, run from 1 or 2 separate res, so you can run 2 sets of plants with different nutes, or isolate one res, plus they were like $5 each. Only problem is they're clear but that's easy enough to fix.

Remember folks smile, smile, smile, and with others and your garden always

The Great and Secret Garden Indoor-Hydro-LED-Perpetual

The Ganja Ged Thread
    Water Curing Experiment
    My E&F System

If you get confused, listen to the music play!

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh man, I haven't heard that song in a minute!! Good ol' George and the band!!

I think your idea is a good one, and I'm so glad to hear that your daughter is there to lend a helping hand. I think that embracing reality is the moment of clarity: in a kind of paradoxical way, I think there's something magical about really seeing that life is not our fantasy of life...

hey GG living with issues as I like to call them is difficult we tend to not take them into the thought process before we do something and then wonder what the hell we were thinking. happy to here your daughter can help if needed. good luck with the table
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

G.G. I can understand what your going thru , we all just try to do the best can ,and like the GOOD BOOK says no one knows what coming tomorrow, I try to do what Wet Willie sang, just Keep on Smiling. It's gonna be much better one day.
      Cfls for a week or two
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

This grow should be named the Ever Changing Plan

As I mentioned I'm just not feeling the DWC. It's a good system and all, and so far it hasn't been hard to manage, it's just not for me. I'm glad I did it because it's advanced my knowledge a lot and I do like hydro, just not DWC. Hydro is just hands down better for my situation over soil. So...

Next grow is gonna be on a DIY Flood Table! It feels right, lol. I can change up my mediums, etc. It just seems to give more flexibility for me. I got some trays from WallyWorld and have the fittings and all on order.

Gonna flip everything to flower on Sunday, a couple weeks early but I wasn't planning on flowering the mother at the time.

I'll move the vegging plants into the closet under cfl's until I can get a T5 or something, haven't decided on a vegging light yet.

So the current plan is flower what I have, keep the NL and WW vegging into mothers, set up the flood table, upgrade the closet as a veg room as I can, and be ready for end of harvest and have a run of WW and NL ready to flower.asap.

I have just as much fun toying with the systems as everything else, lol.

Oh yea, I got some Candida, Wonder Woman, an AK48, a Kush Auto and a Diesel Auto, plus some freebies I don't know making up for an order delay, on the way, TY Seedsman! So I got some cool stuff coming. The Autos are going to be interesting because I can see me really getting into them, just for the speed to start a new grow, rofl....

The Candida and the CBD in it is going to be interesting,

Be good to one another:

Last edited by GanjaGed; 06-23-2017, 06:56 AM. Reason: fixed errors in word choice

The Ganja Ged Thread
        Water Curing Experiment
        My E&F System

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          This is ALL about fun!!! Just curious: what didn't you like about DWC?

• GanjaGed
          GanjaGed commented
          Editing a comment
          You know Tat, it's really hard to pinpoint. I feel, restricted, is part of it. It's to far removed from soil for me, but I can't really describe it. As I said it's a good system and running it isn't hard once you get the swing of it, it just isn't me.

The flood table will let me paly with different mediums for a change and just, here's that word again, feels more my style. I'm sure it's just me being neurotic, lol.

Mama Death Star all roped down and ready to switch to flower and finish her life's mission of providing her bounty to me.

The Ganja Ged Thread
        Water Curing Experiment
        My E&F System

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          GGed, I just can't wait to watch what she does when you switch her over.

• GanjaGed
          GanjaGed commented
          Editing a comment
          sunday SUNday SUNDAY!

• GanjaGed
          GanjaGed commented
          Editing a comment
          Right now I'll be happy if she doesn't just flop over and say "HA! Jokes on you!" lol

And all ready for Sundays flip. Could have used another 2 weeks but the mother will make up for it and if I wait 2 weeks she'll own the tent, lol.
        • Back Left - Good Grief! for sexing
        • Next - is the 2 DS clones, I was gonna SOG style them just to see how they did, but they're ol=nly half the height I want, we'll see what happens.
        • Front Left - is the Hydro tank with 3 DS plants the one farthest back is obviously older and the other two could use another 2 weeks if I didn't have the mom to flower also
        • Right - She provided a lot of clones over her life, now it's time to finish her quest.

Also the NL and WW mothers as well as the Good Grief! (thought to be Blue Dream) are vegging away to make me lots of beautiful buds! These 3 are the last soils I'll run for a while,

The Ganja Ged Thread
        Water Curing Experiment
        My E&F System

Comment

Woot, it's Sunday in the garden and this Sunday it's flip to flower day!

What a perfect way to finish a great week. I got my seed order in, got my PH pen, my LED glasses, Flood Table parts ordered, all kinds of stuff. So let's kick it off with:

The Ganja Ged Thread
          Water Curing Experiment
          My E&F System

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            Let that 12/12 rip!!! You are getting ready for your new adventure!!

I myself prefer Joni Mitchell's version of the song...CSNY were always just a wee tad too heavy for my tastes...

On 12/12 since Sunday!

Changed the res today and made some notes:

6 Gal

Plain Water (RO) PH - 7.0 - PPM - 5

Micro 30 ML PH - 6.4, PPM - 328

Grow 30 ML PH - 6.0, PPM - 502

Bloom 30 ML PH - 5.3, PPM - 628

CalMag 24 ML PH - 5.2, PPM - 777

So switching to RO pretty much eliminated need for PH adjusters, I got them on hand just in case though. Once the airstones have bubbled for a bit that should set around 5.7/8 and trend up so it's pretty much perfect!

Since we're waiting on buds this seems appropriate

The Ganja Ged Thread
          Water Curing Experiment
          My E&F System

Comment

Brother GG ,your something man , how about the YES album.
            Cfls for a week or two
            36x36x63 inch tent.
            Smart pots
            Molasses
            Autoflowers

Comment

• GanjaGed
              GanjaGed commented
              Editing a comment
              I shall put a selection on the list

I think I've been a chronic over-waterer or I became one somewhere down the line, lol.

Yes, yes I have

The Ganja Ged Thread
            Water Curing Experiment
            My E&F System

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
              9fingerleafs commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey ged I forgot to tell you. When mixing your nutrients try adding the calmag first. Better ph stability in my experience

• GanjaGed
              GanjaGed commented
              Editing a comment
              Glad it made you smile!

Thank's I actually have a note here to ask that very question.

Everything says Micro first but then it does say if using Armor Si and Cal, add the cal first and now with a TDS meter I got all these new numbers to play with lol.

I was worried about the other nutes dropping out of solution if I changed the order.

OTOH, my res is pretty constant, 5.5 at change, 6.5/6.7 at next change and the fluctuation is good.

• 9fingerleafs
              9fingerleafs commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah it's nice to be able to measure everything I grow in soil but I use <15ppm water to start with and ph 7. Then I add tap water (750ppm) till it gets around 100ppm then I add calmag and then bloom (botanicare) and the ph ends up being 6.5. When I add the bloom first it measures 6.2-6.3

GG I ain't smart enough to figure out how to put my posts in the right place so forgive me. Your plants are looking fine man , you know all those tricks to ,you old freak you. As for YES , first time I ever saw them was with Jethro Tull right after I got of the service, end of 71 or first of 72 in nola, they were Tulls back up band ,but dude they were awesome, saw them many times after that, who is your favorite band.? Again man your plants look fine.
            Cfls for a week or two
            36x36x63 inch tent.
            Smart pots
            Molasses
            Autoflowers

Comment

Interesting article I read today about using Peroxide. Never used it but using it as a pest and mold spray is interesting, anyone have first hand experience?

9 terrific reasons to use hydrogen peroxide in the garden

The Ganja Ged Thread
              Water Curing Experiment
              My E&F System

Comment

Thanks GG, that's some good information, I've got it stashed too.
              Cfls for a week or two
              36x36x63 inch tent.
              Smart pots
              Molasses
              Autoflowers

Comment

Yay I contributed in a helpful way!

Got the first flood tray up and running today, well mostly. Need to get a nipple fitting for the supply line to the pump, but I was able to test for leaks and basic function and all good! Now to wait for payday and get the stuff for the frame!

The decision now is do I really need 2 flowering trays... each tray is 36x17x6 and 41 quarts. That should be enough to run 3 plants fairly easily with training and maybe 6 SOG style. The Tent is 3x3 so I can run 2 trays perfectly. The problem with two trays is I'll need a bigger reservoir which means more water. Bah, decisions decisions.

Also my Smart pot's arrived so now I can transplant the vegging plants.

Kinda a rough couple of days, having increasred memory issues and the hallucinations are increasing too. Neurologist appointment is coming up in a couple weeks, I'm guessing we'll increase my dopamine and add a memory helper that I've passed on so far. It will only extend the inevitable be about 2 years, but that's better than nothing.

Thinking a lot about my wife today

The Ganja Ged Thread
                Water Curing Experiment
                My E&F System

Comment

• alltatup
                  alltatup commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes, GGed, that article was very, VERY helpful. The setup is sounding really good, and--

Your wife is thinking about you too, and loving you. Straight soul love.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X