wHEN WILL IT BE TIME TO FEED AT 20%

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wHEN WILL IT BE TIME TO FEED AT 20%

THIS SEEDLING IS 5 DAYS OLD. SO FAR ALL IT HAS GOT IS phED PLAIN WATER. How much longer until I shouls start feeding this Auto Flower.

Your seedling should be able to sustain itself for approximately 2 weeks. The cotyledons (the first 2 round leaflets) will tell you when it needs food by turning yellow before your true leaves. This is called translocation. The plant is able to "pull" nutrients from the less important areas to sustain the rest of itself. I would recommend starting your 20% regimen at 14 days or whenever the plant starts its 3rd node of true leaves, whichever comes first.

Comment

• dontknownuttin
      dontknownuttin commented
      Editing a comment
      after FEEDING STARTS WILL THE PLANT GROW FASTER?

• Royal Nugs
      Royal Nugs commented
      Editing a comment
      The plant can only grow so fast. If you provide for it, it will reward you with significant growth.

I'm at day 12 of an auto (first auto grow) and it seems to be far behind the usual grows.
    That said, everything I have looked at from growers of auto's- demonstrates that it is on par and autos don't grow fast until after the second week and then it's explosive.
    It's all bullshit - until you smoke it!

KISS @ Dry/Cure:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-kiss-dry-cure

Staged Harvest:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-in-the-wings

Grow Journals:

#3, Window Sill Grow - auto:
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...nic-soil-24-7g

#4, KISS grow- Girl Scout Cookies- auto:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ies-autoflower

Comment

If you're in hydro there's no nutrients in the water, so all your seedling has is what's contained in the seed. I'd start out at seedling strength nutrients now and see how they react. If you don't see tip burn on the leaves it means they're happy with the strength you gave. If so, you might start giving vegetative nutrients at half strength (which is stronger than seedling strength) when adding more water to the tank. In the beginning, avoid changing the entire reservoir and just add more nutrient water when it gets low. You want to give the good root bacteria a few weeks to colonize the reservoir water before you completely change the water.

Speaking of, are you using a "good bacteria" supplement like Hydroguard to prevent root rot? I don't believe in a lot of supplements but if you're in hydro I believe Hydroguard is almost essential because it's really effective at preventing root rot Your seedlings look great so far, it's the picture of health!

Comment

I just mixed the first feed. close to 25% I hope it helps grow faster

Comment

Originally posted by dontknownuttin View Post
          I just mixed the first feed. close to 25% I hope it helps grow faster
          Patience my friend. You are going to do more harm than good if you don't take your time.

If there's anything indoor gardening has taught me, it's how to be patient.

Comment

• rockman
            rockman commented
            Editing a comment
            So true...gardening is a great lesson in patience!

Originally posted by Royal Nugs View Post

Patience my friend. You are going to do more harm than good if you don't take your time.

If there's anything indoor gardening has taught me, it's how to be patient.
          So, I should dump and fill with plain water? Is 25% to high?

Comment

No, you'll probably be fine. 25% of what? Full strength nutes? I'd use half of what they recommend for seedlings and increase it if no issues occur.

Keep a close eye on her after feeding to check for nutrient burn. Hydro has no buffer so the issues will become apparent quickly.

The patience recommendation is exactly that. You do what you need to do.

Comment

• dontknownuttin
              dontknownuttin commented
              Editing a comment
              I am using the Fox Farm trio. 1st time grow so I just used 25% of the bottles instructions.

I put 4 gallons distilled water Ph.D. to 5.7 in a bucket then mixed 2TS big bloom and only 1 ts of grow big. WAY UNDER LABLE AMOUNTS.

Comment

Well I fed them. They looked happy right after I fed them . The question is, what will they look like in a hour or two?

Comment

So, do you think all seedlings will be dead when I look next time?

Comment

No....not at all

Comment

Throw some co2 in there and hang on they will grow Fast

Comment

I do not have the funds for a CO2 outfit I am disabled only one arm works. I grow 2-3 plants for personal meds. I thought I did ok building this and maintain this with one arm.

Comment

• Green75
                        Green75 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Looks great man!
                        Just hang in there

These seedlings are under a 600 watt MH bulb rated 6K turned down to 400 watts and hung in a cool tube 3 feet above seedlings. This stealth grow is in a 24 hour a day taxi garage so no CO2 needed I think. Then I will swap bulbs with a 600 watt HPS for finish. Both bulbs fresh!. All I want is 3 healthy plants! for my medicine needs. I do not have the funds others do here, so I went with the Solis Tek brand. FOR LIGHT AND THE GARILLA BRAND FOR THE TENT. I WILL BUY BETTER STUFF IF THE PLANTS LIVE.
                      Last edited by dontknownuttin; 09-28-2016, 01:09 PM.

Comment

• Firstsecond
                        Firstsecond commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Hey man, I'm just a beginner myself, but from my understanding, your setup is pretty decent, doesn't seem underfunded. Just keep in mind that dimming HID lamps changes the light spectrum they produce, altho probably the spectrum shift is not collosal, just something to keep in mind.
                        Cheers and good luck with your grow!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X