What is this brown stuff πŸ™ˆ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL What is this brown stuff πŸ™ˆ

Wow this growing stuff is hard. Just as you get a solution for one problem , up pops another. I’ve been told I have about a month to go on these organic outdoor plants. I live in Spain and it rained and last week and then it was quite humid. I thought I’d managed to get them out of the rain but I just noticed this growing on the top of the buds, Could it be bud rot? I took off 5 green caterpillars a couple of days ago and I’m checking daily. The leaves are super green around the brown bud and from my research it says the leaves go yellow. What should I do please ? I have seen a random white fly but nothing else. One of The other plantS has a couple of small leaves twisting but they are still super green.

Sorry man it's bud rot, without dropping a crumb on any other part of the plant cut off any and all of it that you can find. Here's an article about it that will help you much better than I can I'm sure.

Bud rot is a mold that develops in the thickest parts of cannabis buds. Read for more information on how to prevent and solve bud rot before spreading!
    TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
    s silver haze... strawberry haze...
    .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
    TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
    2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
    TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
    3 gallon pots all autos
    Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
    πŸ‘‡my one n only journalπŸ‘‡
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

• Happysez
      Happysez commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you. I read that this morning that’s why I had a horrible feeling it might be bud rot. I’m gutted as they are looking so good. I cut it off, do you know if catapults can cause it? I cut through one stem and I cut through one, I’ve taken quite a few off the last days. Is there any spray I can use to stop the spread? It’s organic , so trying to keep it that way but I don’t want to lose all my buds.

• MeEasy
      MeEasy commented
      Editing a comment
      There's no 100% guaranteed cure that I am aware of. You have to as carefully as possible remove any part of plant that is infected, I mean wrap the entire branch in a plastic trash bag and cut it off. If it's only a single bud do the same thing with a smaller bag and cut the bud off. Then take 50/50 mixture of water and ISO (alcohol) and spray the entire plant (always test spray anything you use on a small portion of plant) some plant stains are more sensitive than others after your pretty sure that the alcohol has evaporated shake the hell out of the plant to get rid of any excess moisture. Then if you are a praying man start praying

Or if it's far enough along that harvesting is even possible after cutting off all you can find harvest, wash buds and hang em to dry still watching for further breakout. One single spore can grow.

This is obviously my opinion and others might have better options for you so please read on I am not a botanist at most a old school stoner/grower

• Happysez
      Happysez commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you. I’m so gutted. Got the ph perfect and they were so lush and buds were getting big and now this. We have about 3-4 weeks left. I will try the alcohol for sure. Thanks for the tip.

Bud rot. Cut it out before it spreads to the rest of your buds and plant. Cut at least an inch or two below the rot to remove all contaminated bud plus some that may still look green. Provide good sun light, good air circulation, protect from rainfall. If rains come move under shelter or even possibly indoors for a few days until weather improves.
    If you bend you will be less likely to break.

Comment

• Happysez
      Happysez commented
      Editing a comment
      It did rain last week and we got them in and put them outside again in the morning, it was a bit humid but sunny so I thought it would be ok. I have found catapults the last few days and when I cut a bud, it cut through one, this couldn’t be what is causing it could it? I’m looking every day but this was proper tucked inside the bud , so wouldn’t have seen it

Bowhunterwoody actually mentioned something last week about finding some type of larvae in his buds That were causing bud rot. Could be for sure

Comment

• Happysez
      Happysez commented
      Editing a comment
      I think it was the caterpillar as only started when they showed 😒 I’m gutted

Yep. I had bud worms. Guess it's the larvae of some sort of moth. Eats the bud from the inside. Lost five or six of my biggest colas to them. Awful finish to the year.

Comment

• lalaland
      lalaland commented
      Editing a comment
      Your plants were something for others to be drooling over Bowhunterwoody. I know I was!

• Bowhunterwoody
      Bowhunterwoody commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. One's drying now. Two are under the ez-up trying to get a little more amber. Supposed to get two inches of rain over the next few days. Wpm is my worry now.

• Happysez
      Happysez commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m gutted. I can’t believe it has happened 3 weeks before harvest πŸ™ˆ

Happysez im so sorry! This year’s weather is just killing all of our dreams about what our outdoor harvest could have been

Comment

So we are cutting all big buds off. ( killing me) they are in pots so I put them inside last night, put dehumidifier on and they looked better today. Outside in the sun alll day till dark, back in the dark room. My boyfriend wants to keep them in there and just put the lights on them for the next couple of weeks, is this wise ?.

Comment

Botrytis is mold, it spreads with spores.
        At this point, any excess moisture will allow it to spread.
        Correct the environmental conditions and remove the infected buds.
        That's the best you can do at this point.
        WHAT???
        5x5 grow space
        900w of Vero's and F-strips
        4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X