Da fuck is this!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Da fuck is this!!!!

Have any of you seen this before? I found it on my outdoor plant. I've had plenty of bugs both good and bad over the years. I just recently found some spider mites in one of my plants so I kept my chill and removed those leafs. I moved the fan cause it was blowing Ruth at that plant. And finally I sprayed water with alcohol to kill any left. Naturally I extended the prevention to the other plants and none have any signs of spider mites. Very happy I go to spray the outdoor sativa and I find this in one of tre lower branches. When I removed it with a stick there was like little eggs inside the "cotton". I'm i tripping? Is this common?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2023.JPG
Views:	231
Size:	3.03 MB
ID:	96582Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2022.JPG
Views:	98
Size:	2.74 MB
ID:	96583Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2021.JPG
Views:	137
Size:	3.35 MB
ID:	96584

Maybe a pest nest.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Probably spider eggs. Looks like a big one!

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        That's what I think!! @9fingerleaves I had one exactly like that on my ornamental grass outside, and finally all the babies left and it was just an empty sac that fell off. Spiders are the good guys and get rid of the other pests!!!!!

Would be some neatly organized spider mites! You said eggs inside so not a caterpillar. Which part of the world you're at? Any children eating spiders near by?
      x1 LED Cirrus T5 500w, x3 Sun System LEC315, x1 Nanolux LEC315, Saturn 5 controller, x4 6" can vents, 8800 btu A/C, 70 pint dehumidifier

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        i live between belice and mexico in the caribean jungle, ive had spiders before making taco shells the leafs and nesting, they always use spider web, this was different, hard to scrap off the leaf and very dense, like canuck said, maybe a nest... but a nest of what? and should i be worried more will appear?

• LuckyAcres
        LuckyAcres commented
        Editing a comment
        Dude I know normal world bugs, can't help with jungle bugs! You asked the locals? Not showing the leaf might be tricky...

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        haha the only people i know around here is an old couple that runs a little "shop" in their house, they sell cocacola and chips, not locals at all, the only person i could ask is the girl that help us with the cleaning in the house but i try very hard to hide as much about this as i can, she has never seen my plants, im afraid shes gona think im in shady businesses and never come back again hahaha shes cool and all but definetly not someone i could ask about this. i think im going to cassually start talking to the gardeners and act all interested in bugs or smtng haha

Looks kind of like a catapiler or caseing of one to me.lol......or a fribble? Remember Harry Mudd?
      Last edited by Potted; 05-23-2017, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by 9fingerleafs View Post
          Have any of you seen this before? I found it on my outdoor plant. I've had plenty of bugs both good and bad over the years. I just recently found some spider mites in one of my plants so I kept my chill and removed those leafs. I moved the fan cause it was blowing Ruth at that plant. And finally I sprayed water with alcohol to kill any left. Naturally I extended the prevention to the other plants and none have any signs of spider mites. Very happy I go to spray the outdoor sativa and I find this in one of tre lower branches. When I removed it with a stick there was like little eggs inside the "cotton". I'm i tripping? Is this common?
          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2023.JPG Views:	1 Size:	3.03 MB ID:	96582
          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2022.JPG Views:	1 Size:	2.74 MB ID:	96583
          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2021.JPG Views:	1 Size:	3.35 MB ID:	96584
          I'm sure uou must have a micrascope that you use to look at your trich's...
          Chop that thing in slices.
          and take a look at it through your scope

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
            9fingerleafs commented
            Editing a comment
            thats a wonderfull idea.... i wish i did that, i grabed a wooden stick and i scrape it and when i saw little white eggs quarantine it inside a plastic bottle and threw it out the trash. hahaha thinking back i did panicked, ive never seen anything like this, i couldnt find it in GWE or in jorge cervantes 2015 encyclopedia

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            Don't chop it up!!! Let the spiders live!!

• 9fingerleafs
            9fingerleafs commented
            Editing a comment
            too late allthatup, like canuck said total extermination was my aproach, i dont like nests cause they stay behind in the plant

hey NebulaHaze do you happen to know what this could be? i saw in the pest and diseases page you said if we dont see what we have to send a picture, here are pics

Comment

• Canuck147
            Canuck147 commented
            Editing a comment
            I would have exterminated it with extreme prejudice as well.

• 9fingerleafs
            9fingerleafs commented
            Editing a comment
            Haha I'm glad to know I'm not alone

• OzBud
            OzBud commented
            Editing a comment
            should have tried to let them hatch somewhere safe away from your grow.

I haven't seen something quite like that before, but I have seen eggs laid on the leaves in a similar way. If it were me I'd go with something that kills a lot of bugs as well as mold/fungus, like neem oil. It's safe for humans and animals, and can be used right up until near harvest.

One of the things that's really tough about diagnosing bugs is there's hundreds of species, and also a lot of even the same species look different depending on your local environment and where you are in the world. One thing I've learned can be really helpful if you can't actually spot the bug in the act, and if something full spectrum doesn't work, is check out your local garden center and as if they know anything about fuzzy eggs laying on the undersides of leaves, because they'll be most familiar with your local pests.

If it's a critter like caterpillars, sometimes floating row covers can be a barrier to put on your plants between them and pests. If you do think caterpillars are possible culprits, than Caterpillar "BT" Spray is usually really effective, and it's another one that won't hurt your plants or people/pets.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
            9fingerleafs commented
            Editing a comment
            thanks nebula, i have used monterrey BT before for catterpilars and it works great, i cannot stop little bugs from reaching the plant so i carefully inspect the plant daily, i use diatomaceous earth on the pots and try to shake down any bugs, i do like spiders eating stuff but i dont like to have nests cause they leave shit behind that i later smoke. i will try to ask around, ill tell you if i find about something

that certainly is a WTF kinda moment id shi t to lol good luck 9fingerleafs
          new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
          current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Thank you all guys. If I find another one I'll experiment and observe much more and take a lot of pics. I usually only let live those big green spiders that eat scales and leafhoppers but I don't want hundreds of little spiders nesting in my plant so all is well. Again thank you family I'm now at ease

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              Spiders don't "nest"!! They spin webs and eat all the bad critters. I love spiders, used to raise tarantulas...

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X