Best overall strain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best overall strain

Slow day for me, just playing with my girls.

I have been thinking (I know it is a dangerous practice) about what is your idea of the best strain you have grown by these criteria:

!. Stone (not necessarily highest thc)
    2. Flavor,
    3. Aroma,
    4. Yield.
    5. etc.

My personal fave is Critical mass from True North. Now that I have a couple of grows under my belt, I am looking for my next batch of seeds.
    It's not how crazy I am, but how much I enjoy it that makes me dangerous.

Coco/Perlite 60/40, GH Nutrients and Calimagic, 5 Gal Fabric pots
    Germination lights 2 30watt LEDS
    Veg and Flowering 1 600 Watt GalaxyHydro LED

Completed Grows. 1 Photoperiod and 2 Autos

Current Grows: 1 mystery Auto 71 days, 1 White Widow Auto 62 days, 1 Amnesia Auto 62 days

I don't know much, but I can suggest something to try. My first grow was a clone of Lavender 2 by Soma. For flavor, aroma, smoothness, etc. its like nothing I've ever smoked. Which goes back to the '60's. The high is a very nice combination of stone and energy. No couch lock. I don't sell but have been offered $20/gr in what is an $8-$10/gr market with easy access. Down side is its not high yield, thus rarely grown commercially. There is a guy in Morocco that makes hash out of it, but it all goes to Europe.
    My friends are irritated that everything they have tastes like hot smoek by comparison. And they smoke good stuff.
    Growing more Lavender and Yvonna 7 now, which is a White Widow relative. All photo.

Comment

• Bikerstonrr
      Bikerstonrr commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks I will check it out. Do you know if they have an auto strain? No biggie.

• Jason
      Jason commented
      Editing a comment
      I doubt auto. My source seems to have a prejudice against them. He says they result in "something a couple of notches down" from optimum ie a Cup Winner.
      But then, he's a veteran of the late '80's Amsterdam crowd. He gets seeds in person from old contacts.
      He says its a "connoisseur" variety, meaning high quality, unique features/experience, low yield, thus little commercial exploitation. Except for the name.
      I've bought local versions or so depicted that have NO resemblance to the real Lavender. The taste and aroma is just soooo lacking.
      Exhaling this stuff is a very pleasant sensory sensation. It also vapes incredibly well.
      Its not a variety anyone interested in sales would cultivate due to low yield, from what I'm told.
      But for friendly feedback from friends, it seems to work pretty well.
      Its well documented so if you do a search, you'll see the DNA history. South Asia, Korea, Europe, Afghanistan, etc. Nice Sativa/Indica hi bred.

I had two plants. One I FIM'd. That doubled yield. So I think I'll do that again.
      Last edited by Jason; 05-18-2017, 07:40 AM.

• Bikerstonrr
      Bikerstonrr commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Jason. It's the type of strain I think I am looking for. I will see what I can find. Found an auto at Seed Supreme. I will probably buy a few just for grins.
      Last edited by Bikerstonrr; 05-18-2017, 08:12 AM.

Any of the diesel strains one of my favorite is New York City Diesel. Sour Diesel is extremely strong and tasty. Bubblegum is another favorite I guess it's all personal preference got to love it right!!!!😎💨

Comment

• Jason
      Jason commented
      Editing a comment
      Are all these Sativa dominant?

Yes most of the diesel strains are predominantly sativa they might take a little longer but it will be worth it 😎.

Comment

Oh yeah the bubble gums more of a indica I just like the way it taste 🌬️

Comment

Jason I think for yield I would have to go with thc bomb I had buds as big as my hand that were rock hard. I grow a variety of strains because I like to change strains alot I think it keeps me from building a tolerance to the strain as for high/flavor I would have to say its limpin louie a cross between budda tahoe and big bud but you wont find it on the market it was my own personal mistake lol.
        new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
        current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• PuravidaC
          PuravidaC commented
          Editing a comment
          OJH, have you harvested your Gorilla Glue yet? I am getting close to ordering some auto seeds and can't decide between THC Bomb or Gorilla Glue. Which would you recommend?

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          not yet Pura but I am flushing today not the finale flush they just stopped feeding I got one flushed yesterday and one started but have to finish today I will say gorilla glue is real finicky this will be the second time iv' flushed them in bloom because of lockout. I am loving the amount of trics on the glue its changed the color of the plantlol now thc bomb on the other hand loves its newts and it just gets bigger and bigger .

Oldjarhead100. I love that name limpin louie. Sounds like some good green! PEACE Bro.
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X