One month old seedling flowering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One month old seedling flowering

First of all this is my very first attempt at growing. I think the seedling is flower but its only one month since i planted it in the soil. So its autoflowering Northern Lights. I initally made the mistake of having the led lights very close then moveded them away about 40 cm. Also the led instruction mentioned to rest the lights for about 15 minutes every 5 hours. So my question is from the pictures can you confirm is it flowering and will it grow any bigger or is reaching the end of it life cycle. Thanks
    Post with 1 votes and 7 views. Shared by Huddini83. One month seedling

It does indeed look to be flowering. Its a bit behind for a 4 week old plant. Seems to be showing signs of overwatering, which could explain the yellowing and dying leaves. Does not appear to be light damage as the very top leaves are fine, usually light bleach happens from top down. Does not look to be a deficiency either as you have slight signs of nutrient burn on the leave tips.

Written Articles:
    Light Metric Systems
    Using Light Efficiently
    The Light Cycle Debate
    Environment Conditions
    Grow Light Technologies
    How To Compare Grow Lights
    To Defoliate Or Not To Defoliate
    Having A Light Source Too Close

Check Out Our Social Media Channels For More Resources:
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram

Comment

• eslaah
      eslaah commented
      Editing a comment
      I going through the learning curve. I over watered and had the lights too close for too long. It was only when i read the advice on this site i realised my mistake. Light i am using is ufo led common on ebay 216 w http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/222474742350. Another question the light i have should be sufficient for qrowing ? I dont any other extra lights like cfl's. Thanks for reply i got one more seed i might plant that soon

• DrPhoton
      DrPhoton commented
      Editing a comment
      Learning is half the fun. That LED should be ok, i should think it would fare better than any type of CFL setup you could muster. If you solve both your watering and light techniques, you will get sufficient results.

Yes brother, it does look like it is flowering, What kind of LED light were you using? Hard to say with out knowing what kind of light.Looks like it was way to close for to way to long, and if it is 28 days old it might grow a little more but I don't think you will get more than a couple of bong hits.You might want to start another seed I am not trying to be mean either. Read Nebula's articles on light distances ,lots of good information.Could be overwatering don't think so ,I believe it would have died by now. It's way to stunted for 28 days.Got anymore NLauto seeds? I got some that's what I am growing now an mine is 30 days old, if you need a couple let me know.Some real good growers will be on here in a minute they will be able to help much better than I can. Danofdanger might be right to.Sorry for the rambling,real stoned at the moment. Keep trying PEACE HAL
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

1 hit wonder!

Comment

I just put 2 more seeds in a cup of water because I think I made the exact opposite mistake on my first grow, eslaah I was so concerned about too much light that I didn't use my VIPARSPECTRA 300 watt for the first few days. I used 23 watt CFL's. When I finally did turn the LED on, I kept it really far away. About 40" (100 cm). This was as well as the CFL's which were about 10 - 12 inches (25-30 cm) away.

It seems like the seedlings are in stasis. They are a nice dark colour. But, it's been a week and they really don't seem to be getting bigger. I am trying to convince myself that they are putting all the energy into growing roots.. But, having seen other people's photos, that seems like wishfull thinking. I lowered the LED to 36 inches (90 cm) this morning. Although as this is also an Auto, I may have lost too much time.

I feel your pain, brother.

Gears
        Do something nice for a stranger today!

Comment

It's prolly confusing them if ur giving them light for 5 hours then dark for 20-30 mins then another 5 an so on.. what light cycle do u have them on.. u want to run at least 18 hr light 6hr dark or can give them 24 hours of light
          Visit my current grow at
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...227-s-5th-grow

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...227-s-4th-grow

Comment

• DrPhoton
            DrPhoton commented
            Editing a comment
            The intermittent dark cycle should not upset them. You can manipulate the light cycle how ever you want, as long as the dark cycle is not too long to initiate hormones for flowering. There has been studies on the possible benefits for cycling lights on and off.

• eslaah
            eslaah commented
            Editing a comment
            Initally i had the cycle at 18 and 6 with 15min breeaks at 5 hrs but then read 24 light is ok as well but the damage from over watering and the light being too close was done. I think i stressed the plant and made it flower.

• DrPhoton
            DrPhoton commented
            Editing a comment
            Yea this is a possibility.

hey eslaah I had an auto do that to me as well it got about ten inches tall and bloomed think I got 3 or 4 joints .Brite side it was a quick grow lol
          new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
          current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

That light looks like it might be ok.I still wouldn't have it any closer than 15 inches on a seedling, till you get used to it. And to GEARS bring those cfl's to about 1to 2 inches away if you can watch them pretty close and start bringing your LED down a little every day watching them pretty close.My seedlings took off good when I got my Led about 20 to 22 inches, mine is also a 300 watt at the wall 145 watts.My plant is now 31 days old and my light is at 18 inches and is doing fine.If you don't over water your seeds will start growing soon, trust me, it is a Weed.Good luck let us know.PEACE Hal
            Cfls for a week or two
            36x36x63 inch tent.
            Smart pots
            Molasses
            Autoflowers

Comment

• Gears
              Gears commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks, Hal. I started doing as you suggested early this AM. I overreacted to the warnings about being too close to them at the seedling stage. Thank goodness I ordered more seeds this weekend. Looks like I'm gonna need 'em until I get through this novice stage. Cheers

• Gears
              Gears commented
              Editing a comment
              Update: I removed all the CFL's and lowered the 300 Watt LED (136W actual) to 36". There is a noticeable change after just about 4 hours. They have started lifting up toward the light. I'll try gradually lowering it more over the next few days. Thanks

Hallelujah! They are about to jump.Find that "sweet spot" and don't over water and You are going to be fine.What are you growing them in? What kind of pot and medium? Peace Hal
            Cfls for a week or two
            36x36x63 inch tent.
            Smart pots
            Molasses
            Autoflowers

Comment

• Gears
              Gears commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks Hal,

I'm using 5 gal plastic pots I got at the local hyroponics shop with a 14 " inch saucer to catch the runoff. The mix is 30% Perlite - 70% Coco

The one doing the best went directly into the 5 gallon pot. The other 2 are in solo cups. One of those didn't make it because some dufus managed to plant it root side up.

I don't know if we're supposed to be on Elassh,s site or not, maybe he won't mind.I am using KindSoil an FFOF on top, and my plant loves the PH at 6.2 or 6.3 much better than 6.8 or 6.9, hope that helps a little. PEACE Hal
            Cfls for a week or two
            36x36x63 inch tent.
            Smart pots
            Molasses
            Autoflowers

Comment

Hi eslaah, welcome to the best place on the internet for growers. I am growing auto's myself and they are a bit 'strange'. With autos changing light patterns (20/4 16/8 etc.) does not affect flowering. Autos will flower when they feel like it, nothing we can do. your plant is a bit stunted, and you are probably right about the stressors causing it. Before planting the next one re-read the Growing Basics tab at the top of this page. It will explain what you need to know. I have read and re-read all of the info at the growweedeasy.com at the top of this page. I would not have had the limited success without the info at this site. Good luck, growers love.
              It's not how crazy I am, but how much I enjoy it that makes me dangerous.

Coco/Perlite 60/40, GH Nutrients and Calimagic, 5 Gal Fabric pots
              Germination lights 2 30watt LEDS
              Veg and Flowering 1 600 Watt GalaxyHydro LED

Completed Grows. 1 Photoperiod and 2 Autos

Current Grows: 1 mystery Auto 71 days, 1 White Widow Auto 62 days, 1 Amnesia Auto 62 days

Comment

X.X bruh this happened to me too, and i knew what i was doing lol, i came to the conclusion that it will happen once in a blue moon with autos because it has never happened again. It does look like you did water too much but i didnt over water mine and it still got stunted like that. Couldve just been the seed?

Comment

Your pot looks too small, autos should start in the pot they are going to finish in. Transplant immediately if you havent already. Hope this helps, Peace!
                  Perpetual setup!

Comment

• Herby
                    Herby commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yea its best to pot straight into your main Container, Or you can plant in a solo cup and 2-3 weeks in when its nice and rooted, transplant it. But if his plant is only 1 month old and its stunted like that? Idk if its pot size. because the same exact thing happened to me when planted straight into my 3 gallon pot. It could be his soil perhaps or like i said above, faulty seed which has happened to people quite a bit

Don't know if I am right or wrong on this. Are those wood chips I see in your soil. I was told a long time ago by some veteran growers not to have wood chips in the soil, here is a tutorial that mentions wood chips http://www.growweedeasy.com/what-soi...owing-cannabis.
                  It's not how crazy I am, but how much I enjoy it that makes me dangerous.

Coco/Perlite 60/40, GH Nutrients and Calimagic, 5 Gal Fabric pots
                  Germination lights 2 30watt LEDS
                  Veg and Flowering 1 600 Watt GalaxyHydro LED

Completed Grows. 1 Photoperiod and 2 Autos

Current Grows: 1 mystery Auto 71 days, 1 White Widow Auto 62 days, 1 Amnesia Auto 62 days

Comment

• Herby
                    Herby commented
                    Editing a comment
                    huh i think i actually see them too, that might be his main issue right there.. heres a couple sentences from that link you shared Biker.

"Bad Cannabis Soil
                    Cannabis soil should not have a whole lot of big visible wood chips in it. That means the soil hasn't been fully composted, and all the nutrients and goodness in that wood is mostly unavailable to your plants."

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X