Bitcoin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bitcoin

Hello again , ive been trying to put coins in my bitcoin wallet the only bitcoin atm we have in my town dont work, im still unable to go out of town to Other bitcoin atm so i was trying to Get some coins online but im not trying to put Over 200 in my wallet and every Site i go into wants to sell Over 1000 , if some one knows of a good trusted place whr i could Get bitcoin hit me up , thank you for ur time growers love from the heart

So are you trying to buy something online? I use an app called Airbitz to buy bitcoins. It takes awhile to get it set up, but their process is pretty intuitive after that. When I need to buy something (like seeds) online I just input how many bitcoin I need (plus a little extra) and the app converts that to USD. The money comes out of my bank account. I never have more than $5 USD in my wallet. Sorry if this doesn't answer your question - I'm still pretty new to bitcoin.
    Started 1st grow 4/28/17
    3x3 Apollo tent
    600w MH/HPS
    Fox Farms Ocean Forest potting soil
    Fox Farm nutes
    White Widow x 2 and Papaya x 2

Comment

• Little
      Little commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank u , I appreciate your answer

I started to reply to this yesterday. Essentially, I was going to say the same thing as @RubySlippers Since I have only made 1 transaction through Bitcoin, I deleted my answer. I didn't want to give you bad info.

In my case, I used Coinbase. The only reason for choosing them was because they were used as an example on one of the Seedbanks. The first mistake I made was researching Bitcoin. The more I read, the more confused I became.

If it is for a seed purchase, at checkout the vendor will give you a Bitcoin amount like .0036995 to pay and vendor name like #48&#%093$%%. I had Coinbase (or wherever you buy Bitcoin) open in another window. You only have 15 minutes to complete the transaction. I then cut n paste the amount I wanted to buy into Coinbase. They debited my bank account plus their fee. I now had .0036995 Bitcoin in my Wallet. I think I paid around $5 on $110 Canadian.

Then I moved to the Transfer Funds area and pasted the same .0036995 amount and the vendor name #48&#%093$%% into the receiver box. Within a minute the funds were transferred.

The initial weekly credit limit was only $100. In order to raise it, I had to take a picture of my driver's licence (or passport) using my phone. It sounds insanely complex. But in fact, it is all pretty easy. That raised my limit to $250 Cad. Which was more than enough for my current needs. Using this 'buy as you need it' method, you never actually keep money in your Bitcoin Wallet.

Hopefully, someone better versed in this than me (read- virtually anyone) will chime in.

Gears
    Do something nice for a stranger today!

Comment

• Little
      Little commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank u for taking the time to Walk me through this

• Gears
      Gears commented
      Editing a comment
      No worries Little
      I referred to a weekly "credit limit" in my response. I should not have used the word "credit". Unfortunately, Coinbase is expecting us to actually have the amount in our bank.

• Sonnyhad
      Sonnyhad commented
      Editing a comment
      Good info, I think I was also reading to much about bit coin ! I will pay attention here on GWE and save myself further frustration! Lol

geese Gears Im confused already lol Sorry Little dont have any advise on this
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• Gears
      Gears commented
      Editing a comment
      And this was the super simplified version. Like I said in the post, oldjarhead100 the more you read about it the more hopelessly confusing it gets. It has taken me months to get this far with it. If I wasn't motivated by the great freebies the seedbanks give us for using it, I'd likely just have given up. Greed is a great motivator. LOL

• Little
      Little commented
      Editing a comment
      Its cool my friend thank you

hi Little. i started a thread on this a while back just search bitcoin. i ended up going w/coinbase and really couldn't be more pleased. superfast and supereasy verification procedure and i like their interface, very simple and easy to understand and use. i tried another one that i can't remember the name of--it's in that thread--and it was no good. 3day verification wait, photograph of my bank statement, etc. good luck!
    "i try to play the ball not the opponent."--Roger Federer

Comment

• Little
      Little commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank u so much for ur time ill go and look at ur post

Also use Coinbase- it's pretty straightforward to use-only issue I have with it is that I need a cell signal to get verification so I have to go into town. Other than that it's really just like any online transaction.
    WHAT???
    5x5 grow space
    900w of Vero's and F-strips
    4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X