looking for grow box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looking for grow box

So I am looking for a small grow box that I can keep up myself and it has to be as stealth as possible. I am a paraplegic so I am not able to deal with the bigger grow cabinets very easily. So I was thinking about getting one of these. Thinking about just throwing a auto flower in here and seeing what happens. Any thoughts or advice would be great. I do have another grow going, but I am hands off on the actual growing part because I can't get to where my grower had to put the cabinet. So I was looking for a grow I could do and actually manage without outside help. Which is why it has to stay inconspicuous so when I have people over they don't know I have weed growing in my spare room.
    The Ghost Cabinet 3 foot Grow Box. Our best selling, 3 foot tall hydroponic indoor grow box. Beginner friendly seed to harvest growing in a stealth cabinet

I haven't used a space that small, CFLs or LEDs or DWC but here are some of my thoughts.
    3 foot high isn't very big. You could make it work with the CFL lights & some LST but I don't think there would be enough vertical height for LEDs.
    They say 6 plants but that's for small things like maybe lettuce, you'll realistically only get one plant in something that size.
    Completed auto grows 3

2x4 Gorilla tent
    600W HPS
    Coco
    GH Flora Series trio + Armor Si, CALiMAGic, RapidStart, Liquid KoolBloom, Floralicious Plus, FloraKleen, Diamond Nectar, FloraBlend, FloraNectar (Pineapple Rush version), Dry Koolbloom + Great White mycorrhizae & Terpinator

Grows using this setup: 1
    Largest yield from this setup: 20oz / 567g

Previous grows:
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...row-first-grow
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...world-of-seeds

Comment

• bakedbear
      bakedbear commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah you're right about the six plant thing. My plan is to only do one at a time. Kind of the reason I was thinking about auto flower because I read they stay fairly short. I see in your signature that you just completed a auto. How big it get?

I'm growing three Afghan Kush Ryder right now. Supposed to be short and get to 40-80cm (15.75"-31.5") two stopped growing at 75cm (29.52") but one has grown to 108cm (42.5").
    I haven't done any plant training though, if you bend the branches down and out you can keep them a lot shorted than they would normally grow.

Can't remember how big the ones from my last grow got.
    Completed auto grows 3

2x4 Gorilla tent
    600W HPS
    Coco
    GH Flora Series trio + Armor Si, CALiMAGic, RapidStart, Liquid KoolBloom, Floralicious Plus, FloraKleen, Diamond Nectar, FloraBlend, FloraNectar (Pineapple Rush version), Dry Koolbloom + Great White mycorrhizae & Terpinator

Grows using this setup: 1
    Largest yield from this setup: 20oz / 567g

Previous grows:
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...row-first-grow
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...world-of-seeds

Comment

• OzBud
      OzBud commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes with the CFL lights that I think come standard with it from my understanding of what I read it would be very possible to do a short plant in there, especially with LST.
      The optional LED upgrade could be problematic as they have to be further away from plants than the CFLs (you'd have to check the manufacturers specifications for an exact height) the CFLs would definitely be the safest bet.

What sort of yield do you think you'll require? Nebula suggests the upper limit for a new grower with CFL lighting to be about 0.25g per watt and with experience it could get to around 0.5g per watt. For the first couple of grows, if successful, you might be able to get around 35g or so in about 2-3 months depending on how long the auto takes to grow.

You could probably get a splitter and add more CFL lights if needed and the heat can be controlled to increase potential yield a bit if it doesn't meet your needs after the first grow.

• OzBud
      OzBud commented
      Editing a comment
      not sure if you have read this article but there's some good info in it
      CFLs are available everywhere... giving you a cheap & stealthy way to start growing weed in a cupboard, computer case, or small closet. Learn how...

• bakedbear
      bakedbear commented
      Editing a comment
      I have not read to much about cfl grows at all just yet. I will read this for sure. Kinda taking a slower approach to this buy because I rushed in and bought my first cabinet without doing my due diligence. My grower is making it work, but could be better. I don't plan on getting much out of just one little plant. I saw that on average the plants I was looking at yielded about an oz. I am thinking about doing a auto first just to ease into the hydroponics thing then maybe getting a clone from my other grow and play around with the manifold technique. That away if I kill the clone no big loss and if I succeed then I can show my growers how to do it for the other cabinet.

Bear, I just ordered a SuperBox CFL Grow Cabinet so I could have more of a perpetual grow going (already have a larger stealth grow box). I'd say check out the reviews of the best stealth grow boxes on High Times magazine or some places like that. There are so many new businesses starting up just to jump on the cannabis cash cow, that it can be a little hard to know which grow boxes have an established track record and which don't. But if you get something small that you could put up on some kind of stand, you should be able to do it all yourself: you have to be able to get to the reservoir to clean it, fill and drain it, etc. I use a small plant stand with wheels on it to bring my tubs of water back and forth to the grow room.

Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Bear check out Jegs grow journal here on gwe she uses a trash can modified it a little and poof a grow box. its a fantastic idea on the cheap
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• Jeg
      Jeg commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks man! I was thinking the other day how Bear grows and how to get it accessible. There is a shelf grow bouncing around in my head that would work.... I think

• bakedbear
      bakedbear commented
      Editing a comment
      Jeg I looked through your grow page and didn't see your setup​ for the can. Just the main problem is keeping it so nobody can see or smell it when they come to my house. Not everyone that I have over is cool with marijuana. Even though it helps with my muscle spasms they just see it as a illegal drug.

I gotta say though your bud on that grow looked awesome. Got to tell me how good it smokes.

• Jeg
      Jeg commented
      Editing a comment
      I definitely will let y'all know. Thanks for checking out my grow. The trash can was an easy veg setup that I could keep in the same room with my flowering one. It sounds like atu is your go to gal for what you are looking to do. She is always so knowledgeable about so much!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X