Cannibas quality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannibas quality

Since medical weed is legal in michigan it has been coming into my state as you would expect, I have had it several times, of course I have no way of knowing what strains buy they are pretty nugs and smell great but I have to say I have not been impressed by the quality. So i am wondering...now that it is a legitimate business in many states will quality take a back seat to quantity?

Basically, the trick is to find a dispensary or a caregiver that produces quality medicine that works for you. When you do find one of these gems, hold on for dear life.

There was another thread talking about the new prop in California that's expected to pass. That will set the bar.

There will always be markets for high end, low end, and everything in between. The competition will be fierce when this becomes main stream. Not if, but when.

Comment

• Tika
      Tika commented
      Editing a comment
      I trust that California will pass the prop BUT the infrastructure is way behind the curve and county by county looks like a yarn basket with resident cat. California should have been amongst the first to legalize recreational BUT let other states do her work and still hasn't a plan. Cannabis talk radio ( according to Leafly) will broadcast live on voting day.
      Can't wait!!!

It seems to me that once the govt is involved the dispensaries will have such high operating cost that they will be forced to crank out the buds no matter the quality just to stay profitable.

Comment

• Grower-Aaron
      Grower-Aaron commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup. The government fucks everything up. They can ruin a wet dream man. But as long as there is wording in there so that people can grow a handful for themselves we should be set. Small grows are where quality comes from anyway. You can't care for 150 plants the same way you can care for half a dozen

One of the problems with 'quality' is that different folks like different effects, flavors, etc.. So, quality is in the eye of the beholder.
    Michigan dispensaries seem to care about THC content only. The higher the better so they can charge more per gram. All these places are operating in a Michigan Law grey area, and as a result may not be building a business reputation for the long haul.
    completed 7 grows
    what I have learned so far:
    environment maters more than nutrients
    at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
    effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

• Grower-Aaron
      Grower-Aaron commented
      Editing a comment
      Eye of the budholder lol

I would imagine that once it's totally legal, you will see shops set up like most liquor / beer stores with bottom, mid, and top shelf products organized by strains and manufacturers / labels.
    Current grow: http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...could-2nd-grow

Comment

• Flockshot
      Flockshot commented
      Editing a comment
      My hope is that it becomes like tomatoes. Where you can go to the store and pick from what they have, but when "in season" the local farmers will have their best at the Farmers Market and we can all have a garden if we choose.

Originally posted by DLZ View Post
    It seems to me that once the govt is involved the dispensaries will have such high operating cost that they will be forced to crank out the buds no matter the quality just to stay profitable.
    This is what I fear here in PA. Medical passed in April. 18 to 24 month projection before anyone with be making a purchase. I was looking at the Costs to apply for a dispensary license. Basically a million dollar capital needed. I just hope my husband lives to see the day.

Comment

• Budlofsky's Dinner
      Budlofsky's Dinner commented
      Editing a comment
      I can see it being set up similar to the state liquor stores, except having the bulk of the supply from within state. That makes sense to me due ti the millin dollars needed to get a licence for medical. That inicates to me there might have been actual forethought when creating the medical use law and why there was blockage of letting the bill move forward in PA. I'm still suprised it passed given the people in PA that lost their shit when alcohol became legal to sell on Sunday.

• Grower-Aaron
      Grower-Aaron commented
      Editing a comment
      It's gonna be like that every where. Once the government gets their hands on something that can make money like that they don't let you in unless you have millions for permits. Rich richer and poor poorer. They wanna line the pockets of themselves and their friends. They don't care about the little guys like us. We would be competition for them

Here in Arizona we have Prop 205 up for vote (recreational use). I have a medical card and can get my med. any time at the store. Most though do not have a card for their own reasons I guess. Anyway even if 205 passes it will not be implemented until 2018. The government said they need 2 years to "put everything in place" ( and keep some in prison I suspect). I am keeping my medical card even if 205 passes just to cover my backside. If 205 passes and goes into effect, We will be able to grow 6 plants per adult at home in a secure area out of sight. Max. plants per home 12. All adults can have 1 ounce on them for personal use, and none must be sold. I guess it could be a start anyway.
    Last edited by dontknownuttin; 10-31-2016, 10:07 AM.

Comment

• PuravidaC
      PuravidaC commented
      Editing a comment
      Limits sound similar to CA prop. What I don't understand is how can you have 6 plants but only possess 1 ounce?

Originally posted by dontknownuttin View Post
    Here in Arizona we have Prop 205 up for vote (recreational use). I have a medical card and can get my med. any time at the store. Most though do not have a card for their own reasons I guess. Anyway even if 205 passes it will not be implemented until 2018. The government said they need 2 years to "put everything in place" ( and keep some in prison I suspect). I am keeping my medical card even if 205 passes just to cover my backside. If 205 passes and goes into effect, We will be able to grow 6 plants per adult at home in a secure area out of sight. Max. plants per home 12. All adults can have 1 ounce on them for personal use, and none must be sold. I guess it could be a start anyway.
    To me, That sounds like reasonable limitations for recreational use.

Comment

Hang on to your hats the states that don't have it yet. My state has closed the dispensaries and moved it to the recreational with medical people not paying the high excise tax. When big brother steps in it all goes to hell. Quality is not here I see an underground movement because MONEY is being made. I'm not sold the fed's will ever except this and I don't trust them at all.

With Medical being forced on us but pharmaceutical companies oh I mean our government , it's a mess.
      Bubblehead
      4x4 Gorilla Tent 600 watt hps and Veg Tent T5 Fluorescence
      4 Cures and a Life time gardener
      http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...ze-these-leafs
      http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...female-56-days

Comment

• Grower-Aaron
        Grower-Aaron commented
        Editing a comment
        Yup. I want it to be legal but they way I have seen the government going about it so far we are fucked either way

Originally posted by Budlofsky's Dinner View Post
      I would imagine that once it's totally legal, you will see shops set up like most liquor / beer stores with bottom, mid, and top shelf products organized by strains and manufacturers / labels.
      Agreed. Additionally, I heard an interesting tidbit on one of my podcasts.

Did you ever notice there is no chain liquor stores? I was told this is because prohibition and the potential of another prohibition scared corporations away from focusing on liquor retail. This is why there will probably never be corporate store fronts. They will more likely play a role in manufacturing and distribution.

Comment

Originally posted by Karlee View Post
        Hang on to your hats the states that don't have it yet. My state has closed the dispensaries and moved it to the recreational with medical people not paying the high excise tax. When big brother steps in it all goes to hell. Quality is not here I see an underground movement because MONEY is being made. I'm not sold the fed's will ever except this and I don't trust them at all.

With Medical being forced on us but pharmaceutical companies oh I mean our government , it's a mess.
        Pharmaceutical companies have so much power over our government. Billions of dollars being made selling opiate medications. Hell, they want the American people to stay dependent on those meds. They know that marijuana will kill the opiate industry. THEY are the ones putting up the biggest fight. THEY are the ones forcing opiate users to test for marijuana in their systems. Patients are stuck between a rock and a hard place. It's a lose / lose situation.

Comment

Originally posted by DLZ View Post
          I feel this is true, to an extent.

By the time corporations delve into the cannabis industry, I think most of the country will have already established legalization/decriminalization. Competition will already be fierce and by them entering the fold it will force growers for profit to streamline and maximize efficiency with their processes.

A gram per watt will become the norm, if not below average. Evolve or die is the capitalist way.

My my predictions are historically short lived and riddled with inconsistency so please read with great skepticism.

Comment

Originally posted by insomniaczzz View Post

Pharmaceutical companies have so much power over our government. Billions of dollars being made selling opiate medications. Hell, they want the American people to stay dependent on those meds. They know that marijuana will kill the opiate industry. THEY are the ones putting up the biggest fight. THEY are the ones forcing opiate users to test for marijuana in their systems. Patients are stuck between a rock and a hard place. It's a lose / lose situation.
            Yeah, they love opiates because it turns people into soulless zombies that are willing shell out hundreds of dollars a month to maintain their addiction.

Im getting all fired up now. I need my meds....

Comment

Originally posted by Budlofsky's Dinner View Post
              A valid point that I hadn't though of. You are probably right.

Comment

Originally posted by Royal Nugs View Post

Yeah, they love opiates because it turns people into soulless zombies that are willing shell out hundreds of dollars a month to maintain their addiction.

Im getting all fired up now. I need my meds....
                Fortunately our health insurance carrier covers some of the cost for opiates. Others are not so lucky. With insurance hubby pays $107 out of pocket for quantity 90, dosage 40mg oxicontin. When he was on 80's our cost was around $170. No insurance, around $900. I take a low dose vicodin, generic hydrocodone. with insurance I pay $22 for 90. No insurance, about $180 I think.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X